What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

burned my seedlings

DOWNLOW

Cloning woes or nah. Lol.

Out of 16 cuttings 11 dried up and wilted away which I culled, of the remaining 5 they are starting to yellow a bit though I still cant tell if they are rooting.
WeIl I've never been good at cloning but this method here I plan to keep using and trying different variations of the method and figure out how did I go wrong. In the begining they started flopping so I covered them and they did well, after 5 days I removed the humidity bag and it went down hill from there with them.

I'm going to take some more cuts in few hours so I'll be looking for suggestions in the mean time. I dont want to go into flowering with out clones of these plants something might be worth keping in there ya know.

So you guys with the mini cloning mills say something if you can't find the words then just say OUCH then I'll know I'm still amonst the living lol.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Successful cloning takes practice....recall ours looked like that years ago.

You had a nice recovery from the seedlings....baby steps & ongoing progress!!!

DOWNLOW

Hey airbud thanks for stopping by and saying Ouch. Yes an ongoing process and at this point yes baby steps it will be. Hopefully I'm conditioning myself for leaps and bounds.

Peace out DL.

mr.brunch

Veteran
I would remove a few extra leaves from those clones and put the humidity bag back on- they may well recover.

Another good one, if you got a few cuttings spare is trim back to the node as if you were going to pot them, then just stick em in a glass of water, on the floor of the veg cupboard ( or even on the window cill, just takes a bit longer) then roots will appear in a week or two.
For better results change the water every 4-5 days, but I have had them root when I have basically forgotten them.

DOWNLOW

Whats up mr.brunch. Yea I was going to put the bag back on it but I just said fuck itl I'll just try again and threw them out. The one and only clone I've created was about six years ago and it was thru the glass water technique and it took about two weeks during the summer I left it in window it was beautiful. For my current set up I need more timed control, thus we have the popsicle cloner. No worries though I got these here mommas. If I get them all cloned I might flower them out. I'm striving for perpetual harvests but how ever goes I'm ready to flip the switch.

Thanks for stopping by peace DL.

Cloning woes or nah. Lol.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=66954&pictureid=1602055View Image https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=66954&pictureid=1602054View Image

Out of 16 cuttings 11 dried up and wilted away which I culled, of the remaining 5 they are starting to yellow a bit though I still cant tell if they are rooting.
WeIl I've never been good at cloning but this method here I plan to keep using and trying different variations of the method and figure out how did I go wrong. In the begining they started flopping so I covered them and they did well, after 5 days I removed the humidity bag and it went down hill from there with them.

I'm going to take some more cuts in few hours so I'll be looking for suggestions in the mean time. I dont want to go into flowering with out clones of these plants something might be worth keping in there ya know.

So you guys with the mini cloning mills say something if you can't find the words then just say OUCH then I'll know I'm still amonst the living lol.

Make sure you have a node down in the dirt!

Also I'd keep that dome on until they root. They need the humidity. They only need very little light too.

DOWNLOW

Yes that's what the problem is extreme low humidity. I put the dome back on the remaining cuts. Just gotta keep at it

corky1968

Veteran
Take the dome off once and a while and misting them really good.
Once the water dries off put the dome back on.
Do this once a day.

DOWNLOW

clinic visit - walk in

clinic visit - walk in

Hey Ic whats up I'd like to see Dr FIXALLTHIS SHIT.
Dr. : what and how long have you had this problem ?
Pt. For 35 to 40 days. I think I got a nitrogen problem doc classic yellowing starting frm the bottom to the middle but its getting worst by the day doc tops are green but getting paler with new growth skinnier than her two sisters smaller fans but just as tall but these fans are dying off.
Dr :what strain
Op: hso sour diesel from seed original hempy style perlite/verm this plant has less vermiculte and more perlite like 80 to 20 give or take
Dr.: how old is your plant and how tall and container size ?
Op: they are 83 days from seed 25" tall and the container is a qt to a qt1/2
Dr.: nutes water and watering frequency tds and ph from tap ?
Op: pbp grow 20 ml/gal in tap water the tap comes out at 044 tds 0.1 Ec the ph is 7.0 if let the water sit for at least 4 hours then add nutes the ph automatically goes to 5.8 and also depend if I clean my watering jug. I've been watering once a day until today starting a twice a day watering at 15ml/gal morning and night instead of just at 🌙
Dr.:what bulb ?
Op: 600 watt mh set at 400 watts
Dr: whats your rh night and day diff also canopy temps
Op: daytime temps are usaully 29c to 31c rh has dropped the last couple days from 50 to 60 t0 35 I work over night so I really dont know yet the light schexule is 18/6 my air flow is blown in by a reg fan thru the flap on my no frills tent with the front zipper flapp open works till my 6" inline gets here with the filter.
Dr: have you clone pinched or pruned
Op: only cloned first time maybe a month ago 4 cuttings per plant and again maybe 5 days ago 1 per plant. Any thing else doc.

DOWNLOW

Day 8 12/12 63 more togo the stretch is real don't know much more they will im still feeding the grow nutes until day 14 I'll switch to flower nutes pbp.

more to go.

DOWNLOW

Day 22 flower been a rough week for em was stuck with a sick kid in the hospital but they are coming along and some heat issues

DOWNLOW

Day 29 12/12 41 to go starting to fatten up hard to keep up with them wish I had an automated system of some sort. Hand watering twice a day but not every day because of other responsibilities which I think it's holding them back. Feeding pbp flower at recommended dosage.

Crappy pics but here ya go

DOWNLOW

Hey guy's just A quick update to where things are at thenmoment. Day 35 of flower 35 to go half way thru no major issues other than some heat stress and burns on some leaves. I think the frost is just starting to come an oh yea way to much humidity it has been as high as 80 on the rh meter. I have to fix thatnsoon as they are starting to pack on weight. Not the bset pics but here they are anyways.

DOWNLOW

So here I am again at the end of week six things are looking great buds need to staked or tied up. Great right, right. Well I finally did my first piece of real work I measured my run off for the first time with this grow of three plants. The results were. 5.4, 5.3, and 5.2. Does this mean I've been starving my plants and wasting nutes. I'm thinking I have.

So do I just flush with neutral P.H. of 7.0 or flush at 6.5 or something. Tds reading for my tap is 047 and comes out at 7.0. Then go to 5.8 or what. Reminds of the that had problems with promix think I'll read that thread again would get more out of it than talking to y'all but for those just looking here ya go.

DOWNLOW

So I gave the three plants their first flush I flushed until I had run off with a P.H. reading of 5.8 I didn't give them any nutes until they needed their next watering. I watered at 3/4 strength with a P.H. of 5.8. One plant had run off at 5.8 the other two were 6.0 and 6.1 go figure I cant , but after the flush it's like they grew an afro and branches started falling over. Got some stakes for them though. What can I say besides I'm still learning. Still can't clone for shit so I plan on revegging these.

Finally getting that frost

DOWNLOW

transplant question

transplant question

Ok it seems like one or two of my plants are root bound. Is it ok if I transplant them while blooming ? I got about three weeks left to finish them. Anybody please help.

DOWNLOW

Ok my problems are worst than previously stated all the plants are root bound. My solution is to up-pot heading for new pots now. This is my third grow and first one in 5 yrs got those grows somewhere here on Ic. All the way thru veg I was just getting by then when bloom Started I waited to see buds then they came and thats all I looked at like oouh aaawe look at the pwetty pwetty buds. Looked at nothing else and now a stew of problems. Huh the learning curve.

Root bound

Also I believe I have mg deficiency I got three weeks left on this 10 week strain and it seems it's the time they pack on weight so I gotta fix it. I can pick up some cal-mag while at the grow shop or just get epsom salt and use it 100 ppm, but I still have to stabilize the P.H. of my medium in these hempys. Locking too much shit out scared I might hermi these gals. They've been too much I gotta get em happy.

GanjaGrin

My friend that just started growing did the same thing. I would just use some CFL's to germ or fluorescent fixtures. That's what I use. Plus you can put them very close without burning a young seedling. Those type of lights will help your plant keep tight node spacing as well because you can put them so close. I wouldn't use HID lighting for a few weeks at least. But if you have to, I would at least give a 3' to 4' space.
PS: You really don't even need light until the seed breaks the ground. It's just the warmth you need to germ seeds. At my greenhouse I seed all my peppers and tomatoes on heat mats on stacked shelving with no lights set up. Then once they pop I move them out into the sun light.

DOWNLOW

Thamks for the reply Gangagin. I be sure to do that when I germinate this time, but those burnt seedlings have recovered and are now 7 weeks into flower and 3 weeks to the chop and I'm having a ph problem locking out my magnesium and root bound problems. I just transanted to 3 gallon buckets and gave a light watering of earthbloom cal mag at 5ml a gallon don't know if that enough or not thou.

GanjaGrin

I like to foiler feed with 1 tablespoon of mag (epson salts) per gallon and make sure its totally dissolved. I like to mix a lil hot water with the mag first so it dissolves easier. Then fill the rest of the gallon with cold water. Since you are pretty far into bud you might want to try and spray the leaves only as best as you can. If a lil bit gets on the buds it wont be a big deal though. That's the quickest way to treat mag deficiency in my opinion. Its hard to over do mag so you can do this every day or every other day no problem until the plants start looking better. Actually I spray my plants at least once a week like this just to prevent any mag deficiency from showing up. I am spraying 4 plants every day with this method right now actually on some plants that were gifted to me by a newer grower friend of mine. Its been about 4 or 5 days and they are already pushing out nice green growth!