What's new

Buddy just busted

Natagonnaworrie

If you love life, don't waste time. For time is wh
Veteran
Contrary to the good advice though, I put 50 seeds in water today. Will have 25 females. Biggest crop yet.

I thought this was an open and shut case of smart guy (you) with a dumb friend (him)... case closed. I'm having trouble still thinking that after the above statement tho.

Seriously bro, i never flame, but for your own sake ditch the beans...

you'll look back someday and be glad you did.

Whenever there are cops and lawyers and some potheads all in close proximity something you could never have imagined can happen. it does everyday..

M

Mitch Connor

Ditch the seeds man, don't be greedy.

Live to see another day.

ninfan77

This situation sounds eerily familiar to me. Get out now. Ditch the seeds.

If you have someone staying in your house who's on house arrest, searching that home is easy as pie for a LEO. Granted it sounds like your grow is in a separate building but it's a risk I wouldn't take. 50 seedlings, even 25 female is going to be a lot of personal usage....

weird..i dont get how your buddy got busted....he isnt very good at selling then...i find the whole thing to be pretty odd... does he get it trouble alot...

hkush

This situation sounds eerily familiar to me. Get out now. Ditch the seeds.

If you have someone staying in your house who's on house arrest, searching that home is easy as pie for a LEO. Granted it sounds like your grow is in a separate building but it's a risk I wouldn't take. 50 seedlings, even 25 female is going to be a lot of personal usage....

I thought about that too. But I believe they would need a warrant to search my house even if one of their prisoners is in it. The guy has never seen my grow, and I have never outright told him I grow. He assumes I grew it, but even that I've never admitted. And he's not allowed to leave the main structure of the house. That part was in all caps on the paper he has. Can't even step out onto the porch or its a new felony charge and back to jail for the duration.

Warrants are only good for 3 days. Its been about 4 days and they would need new evidence to get a warrant.

I'd actually like that sheriff to lie and say he smelled weed or saw something in plain view when he brought the ID. The house and outbuildng is spotless. Not a speck of weed anywhere, not a hint there was ever weed. I even reformatted, and wiped the drive with zeros on the one computer in the house that they could seize, even though I don't think it had anything incriminating on it to begin with.

The potential punishment is so low at this point that I don't feel any paranoia in having the seeds going. When they hit 200 grams total I'll reassess. 200-1000 grams, the next step, is a 5th degree felony. Thats where the paranoia will start back up.

And yes, he's an idiot dealer. This was the only time in his life he's ever dealt. And he doesn't smoke.

mtbazz

Your friend fucked up. Biggest lesson I took from my twenties, fuck friends....they will never help anything, just fuck things up. Okay, we all have a few good friends....but fuck people, don't do people favors. Sounds like the kid's a fuck up and you were being a good friend. Take care of you, that's it. Anyone else will just bring you down.

Ditto....

I go to pretty extreme lengths to protect myself. I sell very infrequently to one or two people and they have no idea where i get my weed from and these people are never over at my place. Even my closest friends don't know I grow.

To carry things even further I tell everyone I know that under no circumstances are they to bring people I do not know over to my house, no matter how "cool" they think that person is, I tell people that I have too many valuable items in my place (which is true) and having been stolen from before (also true), I dislike having strangers in my house...it means coming off as not being very sociable, but so be it. My safety and freedom is much more important to me than being a social butterfly!

D

Darkstarlive

The cops can come and check on you house arrested buddy anytime and they don't need a warrant for that.

Your "Friend" fucked you out of your weed, don't be so sure He won't fuck you out of your freedom. The cops always climb up the ladder to get to the next guy. The first question your "friend" was asked was, where you get the weed. What do think He told them?

You should'nt do anything until your "friend" is out of your house.

hkush

As a side note, anyone interested in seeing what a real warrant looks like, this is it. I'd never seen one before this. Info redacted, then redacted again, then resized, then screenshot, and new image from screenshot. I don't believe the can uncover what I redacted. :)

Attachments

• warrant-1.jpg
    warrant-1.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 9

chidoctor

if i was you i would find some dumb arguement to get into with him to get into a fist fight. after the fist fight that will be your chance to lose all contact with him and move on. i am not you so i dont know how good of a friend he is.i hope you dont get fucked

ArcticBlast

It's like a goddamned Buick Regal
Veteran
i like how that warrant says they're looking for, among other things, United States currency involved with drug trafficking :joint: so if all your money is in pesos or euros, they cant take it? sorry for off-topic, i just found it interesting :joint:

good luck bro
ArcticBlast

hkush

It seems overbroad to me but I'm no lawyer :)

Also, they didn't search the shed, they went straight to the weed and money, got it and left. Seems to me this is against the warrant as the cops used their own discretion as opposed to following the order. But again, I'm no lawyer. I have found through the Internets that cops using their own discretion on a warrant can be grounds for tossing the evidence.

I wouldn't grow for a couple months if I was you.

Yer friend has already possibly rolled on you. He doesn't smoke, and has never sold.....yet you let him sell. No offense, shit happens, but ya gotta learn from it.

The whole story doesn't smell right. Be safe.

NHMI

If he is on house arrest I am pretty sure they can search the residence he is at until the bracelet is removed....I wouldn't start anything there yet...

Nicoli

Veteran
The cops can come and check on you house arrested buddy anytime and they don't need a warrant for that.

Your "Friend" fucked you out of your weed, don't be so sure He won't fuck you out of your freedom. The cops always climb up the ladder to get to the next guy. The first question your "friend" was asked was, where you get the weed. What do think He told them?

You should'nt do anything until your "friend" is out of your house.

^^^^^Exactly.

They can come over to your place whenever they want to "check up" on your friend... and you are actually considering growing there?

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
^^^^^Exactly.

They can come over to your place whenever they want to "check up" on your friend... and you are actually considering growing there?

Exactly.

Dude don't be stupid.

Please don't.

I would hate getting to read another thread then saying:

"Buddy got me busted!"

supermanlives

Veteran
isnt house arrest like probation where you loose all your rights and can be visited any time by leo ? i wont let anyone on probation parole ,house arest in my house. NO EXCEPTIONS

MrBomDiggitty

Veteran
So let me get this straight. You let your friend have $1000 worth of weed and wanted only $500 back? Your friend never sold? Your friend doesn't smoke?

That's like me walking into a car dealership never having owned a car or driven one, but asking if I could sell one to the next customer for half price and I get to keep the other half, right?

:microwave: and WHY would you let him release on house arrest to YOUR residence?!

i may be a really paranoid person but if this happened to me i would be gettin ready to move to a differnt state but thats cuz i really hate not bein able to grow for a long period of time and the hole jail thing i really do not like better safe then sorry in my book.