What's new

Buddy just busted

hkush

OK, so I'm sitting on about 1/2 pound of personal smoke. Never intended to ever sell any, but I have all this weed, and my "buddy" who doesn't even smoke tells me he needs $500 for a lawyer to get a DUI dropped. Its a longer story but that should suffice for now. After some thought, and begging on his part I say OK, I'll give you 4 ounces, and you give me half of what you get for it. Should have left him with plenty for the lawyer. He had a buyer lined up. I don't know this person but don't really care who it is. He tells me they are "cool".

Meanwhile, I'm browsing HTG for a new light for a new setup I'm planning to buy with my newfound money. Little did I know it was never to be. :)

Next day he calls and wants another 2 ounces. I think about it, and figure I have some plants with a month to go until harvest. I say OK, but thats the last, and thats IT!

Since he had my scale, I package up some, get to his house, it turns out to be 3 ounces. I leave his house because he wants to call the guy to come and pick it up and give him our money.

Guy comes, gets the two ounces, minutes later the sheriff and 90 cop cars pull up with a search warrant already in hand. They grab the money, and the remaining ounce and take him to jail.

I hear about this happening, and don't know whats going on. Or if they know about my role in this so pull my plants and tear down and move the equipment out.

Next morning, my buddy is still in jail facing two felony counts of trafficking in marihuana, $25,000 bail on each count.

At his arraignment the judge drops the $50,000 bail down to "release on personal recognizance" pending trial. Fucking good news because I thought he'd be there for months because of the high bail.

Now his lawyer is telling him he can get it dropped down to simple possession, a minor misdemeanor because of entrapment.

We will see. First appearance is on the 19th. Coincidentally about a week after I have to report to jury duty in that same court house. :)

G

good drown

good call on the chop and clean, you aren't in the clear yet

Vermonster

wow, they still care...good to remember once in a while.....sorry for your misfourtune....sounds like it's time to send ole friendy down the line.....

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
Your friend fucked up. Biggest lesson I took from my twenties, fuck friends....they will never help anything, just fuck things up. Okay, we all have a few good friends....but fuck people, don't do people favors. Sounds like the kid's a fuck up and you were being a good friend. Take care of you, that's it. Anyone else will just bring you down.

Your friend fucked up. Biggest lesson I took from my twenties, fuck friends....they will never help anything, just fuck things up. Okay, we all have a few good friends....but fuck people, don't do people favors. Sounds like the kid's a fuck up and you were being a good friend. Take care of you, that's it. Anyone else will just bring you down.

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

EVERYTHING she said!!!!

Hovz

The best thing u did was take down ur grow and equipment, i would be weary about setting it back up, until your buddy is out of legal trouble.

G

Guest 88950

....Next day he calls and wants another 2 ounces.

that should have ben your signal to "just say no"

greed never pays, it just creates a more risky situation.

at least you did what you had to do.

good luck and i hope your friend keeps his trap shut. i wouldnt keep any grow related stuff at your address, just in case they show up with warrant in hand.

G

good drown

the lawyer going for entrapment usually translates to your buddy selling to a cop. if you were there minutes before, and he sold to this guy a qp on a previous occasion, i would almost expect a visit

GoneFishin

the lawyer going for entrapment usually translates to your buddy selling to a cop. if you were there minutes before, and he sold to this guy a qp on a previous occasion, i would almost expect a visit

Especially if you drove your car to his house while the cops were waiting to make their deal.

They know your name.

Keep cleaning, don't forget your car, relocate your computer for a few daze and good luck.

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

growclean

Grow Clean.... Go Fast!
Especially if you drove your car to his house while the cops were waiting to make their deal.

They know your name.

Keep cleaning, don't forget your car, relocate your computer for a few daze and good luck.

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Yeah. I second this. I am nervous FOR you man!

Hovz

For real if 90 cops showed up at his house and he was just the middle man, imagine how many might show up at yours :needcoffee:

hkush

Exactly my thoughts on the "you're not in the clear". I told the guy where I stored the lights and carbon filter that I know my name has to be is in the mix somewhere.

What I didn't know is they had a warrant already, as its a real small town, late at night and the one judge sleeps I figured I had a few hours to tear down. That theory kind of died when I found out they came with warrant to his house.

It wasn't actually 90 cops, but I'm told a BUNCH of city cops and county sheriffs.

Also the person (can't say who for obvious reasons) is under house arrest now - in my house. This incident caused him to lose his job, and soon his trailer. Yes, it was a trailer park, but not Sunnyvale :)

Contrary to the good advice though, I put 50 seeds in water today. Will have 25 females. Biggest crop yet. Have studied the penalty, which is fairly lenient on growing and possessing, but not lenient on selling. Haven't figured out if these seedling will live beyond the 200 gram threshold, which they will probably hit within a month. If they live I won't bring back the good lights until I'm pretty sure this blows over.

So he's in my house on house arrest, a sheriff came by today to bring him his ID they kept for some reason. I answered the door and he didn't give me a second look. Friend signed for the card and the cop was at my door for about 45 seconds.

We did find out the person he sold it to is working for the cops to reduce his own pending charges of being caught with a few pounds.

If they raided me right now they would find not so much as a roach, or pipe. All they would get is 50 seeds that haven't germinated yet. A $100 fine.

Hovz

Exactly my thoughts on the "you're not in the clear". I told the guy where I stored the lights and carbon filter that I know my name has to be is in the mix somewhere.

What I didn't know is they had a warrant already, as its a real small town, late at night and the one judge sleeps I figured I had a few hours to tear down.

It wasn't actually 90 cops, but I'm told a BUNCH of city cops and county sheriffs.

Also the person (can't say who for obvious reasons) is under house arrest now - in my house. This incident caused him to lose his job, and soon his trailer. Yes, it was a trailer park, but not Sunnyvale :)

Contrary to the good advice though, I put 50 seeds in water today. Will have 25 females. Biggest crop yet. Have studied the penalty, which is fairly lenient on growing and possessing, but not lenient on selling. Haven't figured out if these seedling will live beyond the 200 gram threshold, which they will probably hit within a month.

So he's in my house on house arrest, a sheriff came by today to bring him his ID they kept for some reason. I answered the door and he didn't give me a second look. Friend signed for the card and the cop was at my door for about 45 seconds.

I would be even more sketched out now, a cop showed up at your door and stayed there for 45 secs, what if he claimed to smell marijuana which would give him even more probable cause for a warrant. I would strongly advise against popping seeds at this point in time, come on mate you don't want legal trouble.

growclean

Grow Clean.... Go Fast!

What I didn't know is they had a warrant already, as its a real small town, late at night and the one judge sleeps I figured I had a few hours to tear down. That theory kind of died when I found out they came with warrant to his house.

Contrary to the good advice though, I put 50 seeds in water today. Will have 25 females. Biggest crop yet. Have studied the penalty, which is fairly lenient on growing and possessing, but not lenient on selling. Haven't figured out if these seedling will live beyond the 200 gram threshold, which they will probably hit within a month.

Well, I would be careful. It sounds like you are risking yourself and the individual that is staying at your house. Popping 50 seeds doesn't sound much like "personal use" to me, and I am not a cop or judge. Do as you will, but really think about those consequences and remember that waiting two months might save you alot longer in the long run...

hkush

Actually, I should wait as its a lot easier to grow in the winter. The grow room is in an unheated outbuilding. Cannot be seen with flir. Between the plants and the outside is siding, 3/4ths thick sheathing, then an air space, then diamond (something) mylar facing out, air space again, old oak siding, , 2 inches foam insulation, 6 inches fiber insulation, plastic, two sandwitched layers of 5/8ths drywall, diamond mylar facing in towards the plants. Closed environment with AC and the AC goes through a wall and exhausts heat into another outbuilding butted up against the other building so it can't be seen or heard.

I should take the advice, but hate not growing.

]A[Boss

so what happened the cops bought 2 ounces off your friend instead of the last 3... just to say "ya we bought 2 and he has some still on him" so he's fucked more?

Andyo

Veteran
Entrapment

Entrapment

Surely if the cops are guilty of entrapment your friend should walk?Also the scumbag informer needs to be dealt with !

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
I'm worried about your buddy getting released on personal recognizance so fast, I am afraid he rolled on you to save HIS own ass. Be very careful until you are 100% positive that did not happen. It will be months after his court case is done, so don't go jumping the gun on that decision. Please.

Latest posts

Latest posts