What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BROTHERS GRIMM...STRAINS AND INFO...

g0dzilla

ICMag Donor
Veteran
got some ice princess X blueberry i just popped hoping for some nice phenos..

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oh Yeah bring back the Brothers grimm New and improved and I`m there!
Great pics of great nuggets.:woohoo:

I want to get my hands on their Aurora borealis and rework that line someway...somehow...2 keep it alive i just love northern lights..!!!

Thanks for the post Cinderella99 that also was a nice read keep the facts coming people thanks everyone for their contribution..

Anyone know who's working with the A-11...Id like to try that one day...

Oledad420

I want to get my hands on their Aurora borealis and rework that line someway...somehow...2 keep it alive i just love northern lights..!!!

Thanks for the post Cinderella99 that also was a nice read keep the facts coming people thanks everyone for their contribution..

Anyone know who's working with the A-11...Id like to try that one day...

Rez released some A-11 once a while back and he was working on them again at one time, but not sure what happened.

2ezy

Anyone know if GB's Aurora borealis was related in any way to the Positronics AB?

I have a mate who worked for Positronics in the mid nineties before it folded and has a plethora of their old beans and has never tried to germ them. What a waste..

I'm with Benji, I'd like to hear more about their AB too.

REZDOG

Veteran
Footnote:

The Bros Grimm were paid EXACTLY $50 a pack,wholesale,for the C99 that HS sold at $150.
A niiiiice 300% markup for RC,at the time :wink:

Reservoir re-did Apollo 11,but they were stolen from the courier service en route to SB,back along.

....I have some Original Grimms' Sugar Blossoms seeds and one other variety....I cannot remember without looking....

BENJI

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thats fu#?ed up about the A-11 REZ let me know what the other variety is if you ever look cheers...

Maybe someone out there with an original pack of A-11 might restore the line one day heres to wishful thinking...!!

ClearBarbedFunk

lost in the Haze
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bros grimm Cali indica, plant turned out great, had a orange go-jo taste and aroma.

Attachments

• Caliindica%208wktops%20%5B1024x768%5D.JPG
    Caliindica%208wktops%20%5B1024x768%5D.JPG
    25 KB · Views: 19
  • calindica%208wkbud%20%5B1024x768%5D.JPG
    calindica%208wkbud%20%5B1024x768%5D.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 20
  • caliindica%208wkbud%20%5B1024x768%5D.JPG
    caliindica%208wkbud%20%5B1024x768%5D.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 21

VirginHarvester

Veteran
Here's a little more info about Sugar Blossoms I took from a thread that goes on to describe her medical benefits as well.
Here are 2 descriptions of her from Bros Grimm.

Brothers Grimm Sugar Blossoms = Genius female[ JH x unknown sisters] [genius, princess, and cafe girl] X Greenhouse Seeds white widow male

Sugar Blossoms
Smokers of White Widow almost universally comment that they wish it tasted better. The Sugar Blossoms Bros Grimm set out to solve this problem by creating Sugar Blossoms, a skunky, lemon-flavoured White Widow hybrid. Expect hardy, vigorous plants with an Indica-dominant growth profile. Short & branchy, Sugar Blossoms is a high yielding, fast flowering, resinous plant that produces dense, sugar-coated buds that has a great taste and a light lemon smell. This plant, like most Brothers Grimm offerings, is easy to work with, trims up very easily, and has a beautifully balanced high.........

................I really like her. She does great for my back pain and has a good head high. She hits you behind the eyes, that would be the widow part of her make up, imo, but does not over power you. She then hits your body and relaxes but overall a very functional type of stone.
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=64338&highlight=sugar+blossom

Maybe someone out there with an original pack of A-11 might restore the line one day heres to wishful thinking...!!
Rez, how difficult would it be to turn a 50/50 hybrid like A11 x Blueberry into at least a 75% A11 product? .... Could you go further with that and restore A11?

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
got some ice princess X blueberry i just popped hoping for some nice phenos..
Hey g0dzilla, are those named 'Royal Blue' from an old OGer? Can't think of his name @ the moment, buddy of Lonestar. He made 'em w/ a DP fem blueberry, and I think LS was gonna redo it w/ his famed blueberry stud and IP, but don't think it came to pass...
Still got some of those, grew some outdoors yrs back, delicate plant like A11.

I think enough peeps still have A11/C99, that trying to cube back to the original w/ a hybrid, is redundant. I was going to make a a ton of A11 f3's this winter, but lost my males :wallbash:
Still have a good amt of f2's to play with, just not now. (Please don't PM me looking for some; I gave a ton away '03- '07. Just enough for me, now.)

Once all these various C99 projects get released, peeps interest in A11 will wane, lol. :wink:

Cinderella99 thx for the added Soul nuggets! :D Got a file full of 'cut & paste' quotes, haha! :biglaugh:

Fingaz2

Highlighter, thank you so much for the grimm info. Its nice to hear about this, from a newcomers perspective, also that people always look back with a certain nostalgia at something that is history.
I am always a bit suspicious of highly rated stuff, bit like the movies, you see something everyone raves about, & come away disapointed. But c99 &
A11certainly holds my interest esp after starcrash's threads. Got to say never seen it, never smoked it, never grown it, still I'm curious! Thanks.

REZDOG

Veteran
Ah,the other one I have is Grimm's White Shark....That and Sugar Blossoms.
Oh,and I found some Grimm's Original DTC99 beans,kickin' around The Vault,as well-I forgot about 'dose! :D
I'll germ some of them towards the year's end and see what's what.
Ten year old seeds,stored well,but we shall see....

Cheers!

HarryNugz

Good luck to you Rezdog in getting your old stored seeds to pop! Should be exciting to grow kinda like finding seeds in a pharoh's tomb and getting them to sprout. I had some of the Grimm Matanuska Thunder and did a seed run to preserve the line. Some of the best smoke i've had in a long while.

Silas_S

Found this on another forum some time ago.

Cinderella Story...

I've been seeing a lot of posts from people asking for the "Cinderella Story", so here it is:
In 1997, I (MrSoul) discovered a few seeds in a bud of Jack Herer I bought @ "Sensi Smile" coffeeshop in Amsterdam while there to buy seeds. I didn't expect much when I grew them, but one of those seeds from the JH bud produced a very special female that I call "Princess".

Therefore Princess' mother was a Jack Herer (IF we can believe what Sensi Smile printed on the package) and her father is a totally unidentified mystery plant.

I also got 2 more females (Genius & Cafe'Girl) & several males from those seeds. I used pollen from one of the males on a heavy-yielding, dense, resinous ShivaSkunk (from Sensi Seedbank) female, then grew the resulting seeds to get males to produce pollen to cross Princess with, beginning the cubing process.

The first generation of seeds from Princess were called P.50 because they were 50% Princess. I used males from the P.50 generation to back-cross to Princess to get P.75 and again back-crossed with the P.75 pollen to get P.88 and again with the P.88 pollen to get P.94 which is "Cinderella 99", a cubed version of Princess.

The name "Cinderella" was chosen because of the parallels between this story and the well-known fairy tale in which Cinderella becomes a Princess despite her humble beginning.

MrSoul

"Princess is a female which resulted from a seed found in a Jack Herer bud I bought in Amsterdam near the Sensi Seed Bank at "Coffeeshop Sensi Smile". The bud came in a 2 gr. cello-pack with the Sensi logo; I expected sinsemilla, but it had about 10 seeds so I assume she's an F2 JH. Her characteristics were so fine I wanted to create seeds that would "replicate" this plant. She has the KILLER Haze-influenced high with the most DELICIOUS pineapple/evil scent, 50 day maturation in 12/12, and incredible resin production, doesn't stretch - yet clearly Sativa-dominant! Last but not least: Never a hint of hermaphrodism after 2 years of cloning & many different styles of grow.

I wanted to "cube" Princess but add a little beef to her branches because the buds were always too heavy at harvest and branches needed staking to keep from flopping over. I crossed my ShivaSkunk female with one of the males from the same group of seeds that Princess came from. THIS cross produced a male which was then crossed to Princess, creating "P.50" (using a shorthand notation I developed to indicate the fraction of Princess genes in the cross).
Each generation is the result of crossing a male from the previous generation to Princess herself (incestuous, I know).
Blow-by-blow description of the generations:
P.50 = Heavy, single-cola type plants with mellow high (too much influence from the ShivaSkunk) Sweet fruity scent/flavor. Unstable in most traits - for example, 10 days difference in fastest/slowest maturation period in a group of 20 seedlings.
P.75 = Plants leaning MUCH more in the direction of Princess in floral cluster and bud structure, scent/flavor turned more "tropical" like pineapple. The stability was becoming better - two major phenotypes; short & dense (potent too) or tall/HUGE (Not so potent).
P.88 = Renamed Cinderella 88 when first released on the market. It grows fast and produces excellent yields of FROSTY buds in 7 weeks! Generally uniform seedlings with minor differences in floral formation and some height variance, but the smoke is quite consistent from all plants - Dense, heavy nuggets of fruity scented & flavored (like wild berries) and covered in resin glands, the dried buds have distinctly ORANGE pistils.
And now P.94 = Cinderella 99. This project has been a huge success. The strain has been embraced by the "net"work of growers with rave reviews.

"I personally think the plants these Cinderella 99 seeds produce are every bit as good as a cutting from Princess herself (or better).
I say better because the flavor of no two plants is "identical"; there's a personality to all living things. Like Princess herself, Cinderella is sweet & fruity to the palette and nose, and when you take a hit you're BLASTED...with the same "racy" high as Princess!
The improvement comes in the yield department; 25% greater yield and a stronger branch structure, which I accomplished by starting with some ShivaSkunk genes in the original father in the cubing process.
I knew I'd blend out the majority of the traits from ShivaSkunk in the cubing process, but I was hoping to incorporate the ShivaSkunk's stronger branches because Princess had a tendency to need supports in the final two weeks of flowering. As it turns out, I got lucky and it worked.
The name suits the strain IMO - it's a true Cinderella Story." - MrSoul

"Jack Herer is an unstable strain bred from an unequal combination of Sk#1, NL#5, and Haze. Crossing a male and female Jack Herer creates an F2 generation which has a HUGE number of possible recombinations of the genes. I grew out some Jack Herer F2s and discovered a SPECIAL one, "Princess", which has many improvements on the original JH such as a shorter flowering time, denser bud structure and pineapple scent/flavour. I have been continually back crossing Princess with her male offspring (generation after generation) which eventually creates a stabilized strain having her special characteristics found reliably in most females grown from those seeds. Each generation is composed of a 50% genetic contribution from Princess (since she's the seed parent) and a 50% contribution from the pollen parent (which also has an increasing percentage of Princess' genetics with each generation). The progression goes: P.50, P.75, P.88, P.94, and P.97...at that point it's considered stabilized (a male and female P.97 can be crossed and the offspring are essentially the same as the parents). I have been VERY pleased with the way this project is going; even the P.75 generation was rather stable in the sense that the individuals were all rather uniform and HIGH quality. ...So, you see, since I have combined genes from Sk#1, NL#5, and Haze, creating a plant which has characteristics distinctly different than Jack Herer, and I'm creating a stable strain from this plant... it's legitimately MY work." - MrSoul

"Each generation exhibited a MAJOR jump in potency (P.50 was rather mellow)...P.75 has a well-balanced body/mind high with a citrus flavour, Cinderella 88 is cerebral & paralyzing with a tropical fruit flavour, and Cinderella 99 is "TRIP WEED"...with more of the fruity flavour and speedy effect from Princess." - MrSoul

"...Princess smells very much like pineapple both during flowering and when dried, but there's this "evil" scent in it too, like rotting meat, which has been linked with the most devastating weed (notably the Durban/Thai hybrid from SSSC, years ago). The taste is connoisseur quality when it's cured; VERY fruity. The high is almost too intense for a lot of people; Dr. Atomic actually refused to smoke any on our second meeting, after getting rather "hazed and confused" on the first sampling we did together a couple of weeks before, so he decided to try Shiva Skunk and found that more mellow and to his liking. Two hits of Princess will induce your body to tremble involuntarily and your heart to race and paranoid thoughts... very much like Haze, but not quite as intense. It also has a "creeper" quality that makes it easy to over-indulge...you get progressively higher during the first 10 minutes after smoking. Look at the May '98 issue of High Times' centerfold and find "Yellow Cab"...that's EXACTLY what the finished Princess buds look like. The "frosting" of stalked, capitate trichomes on the flowers and smaller leaves gives them a "furry" appearance much like Haze."
MrSoul

"I'd personally advise you to "top" the C-99's at their 4th branch set (about 3-4 weeks old) then when the branches grow to be about a foot long (about 6-8 weeks old) you should flower them. You'll know which plants are female BEFORE you ever switch the light cycle to 12/12. Cinderella plants always show preflowers at the 5-7 branch sets during the VEGETATIVE stage... when they're a little over a month old. Mr Soul "

(MrSoul is probably most famous for originating "Cinderella 99" aka "Cindy 99")

[as related in an internet post by "MrSoul", June 2000]

"...Bros Grimm have been employing a method called "Cubing a Clone" to create strains from unique female plants for years now.

Read the following and you'll understand:

Cubing a clone is a way to create a unique seedline (a “strain”) modelled after a currently existing female individual.

The goal is to create seeds from which the females replicate the phenotype of the original female.

Obviously the chosen female should be an outstanding specimen.

Procedure:
CONTINUOUSLY KEEP A MOTHER IN THE VEGETATIVE STATE TO PROVIDE CLONES

1. Pollinate a flowering clone of the original female with the pollen of a related male, preferably her father or a brother. The resulting seeds contain 1/2 the original female's genes and 1/2 those of the male. An unrelated male won’t have the Y-chromosome of the chosen female’s family & therefore any Y-linked traits of the family will always be missing in the seedline.

2. Grow the above seeds & flower them. Collect an equal quantity of pollen from each selected male and mix it together.

3. Pollinate a flowering clone of the original female with the above pollen. These seeds contain 1/2 the original female’s genes plus 1/4 more because the male used was 1/2 her genetics too. I call this generation “.75” to capture the idea that it’s 3/4 of the original female’s genetics.

4. Grow the above seeds & flower them. Collect an equal quantity of pollen from each selected male and mix it together.

5. Pollinate a flowering clone of the original female with the above pollen. These seeds contain 7/8 the original genes (1/2+3/, the ".88" generation.

6. Grow the above seeds & flower them.
Collect an equal quantity of pollen from each selected male and mix it together.

7. Pollinate a flowering clone of the original female with the above pollen. These seeds contain 15/16 the original genes (1/2+7/16), the ".94" generation.

Theoretically, this will be a stable, true-breeding seedline from which all females are replicas of the original. "

December,1999, internet post by MrSoul]

"...
Apollo 13 = Genius/ P75 and is very popular despite my only having created about 500 seeds.

Apollo 11 = Genius/ C99....[*]

Note both have the SAME mother -
"Genius" which is a sister of Princess, although you'd hardly see a family resemblance.

Genius is lemon-scented, rather like Lemon Pledge furniture polish actually.
Her high is not speedy like Princess', it's a "happy high".
As a plant, Genius is a pleasure to flower, producing heavier yields than Princess with similarly resinous floral clusters shaped less like Princess' "braids" and more like a dense cone of sparkling, tightly-packed calyxes & pistils bursting out from between little leaves bristling with stalked glands.
Very sticky and pungent smelling. She matures rapidly, finishing in 7 weeks and when the buds are manicured (very easy) and dried, Genius' final product is true "eye candy" to behold.

The father plant used in Apollo 13 was the same as was used to create Cinderella 88.

The father plant used to create Apollo 11 was the same as was used to make the current generation of C99, i.e., P94. [wayback in December of 1999 when written by Soul]

(*)This (Genius) male was responsible for adding considerable yield to the current Cinderella 99, i.e., P97 generation..."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
IMB Note,
"Vic High" once offered the suggestion to Soul to pollinate individual branches with individuals pollen to test males, a method which soul eventually evolved to (?) instead of his original "shake and bake" method of male selection...
A little luck never hurt a damn thing, a lot of luck can be a beautiful thing, especially in Las Vegas when rolling dice and also apparently when breeding seeds...

well regardless of his breeding methodologies, the bottom line is he certainly got some big time positive results, it worked for him.
The "Brothers Grimm" cannabis strains will not soon be forgotten, thats for sure.
As Granny used to say "The proof of the pudding is in eating it".
That means that the true value or quality of something can only be judged when it's put to use and tried and tested.

dogsnob

rez the white shark and sugar blossoms are real winners ive grown both of them mate please make next gen bro there worth it mate

G

Guest50138

Here is a bit of nostalga,probably a pack of freebee from im guessing 1997?
note the more than 60 variety's! those were the days .brothers grim, sensi ,greenhouse, kc brains ,SOL ,and i carnt remember who else but not much more . the comment about the brothers grim being opertunistic breeders with a keen eye for quality is probally a fair descrition of them,the fact that they used other peoples work and done their own thing dont worry me at all , they always gave credit for what was behind their work (unlike some others) and the fact that so much interest still exist today is a testiment to them as breeders. one can only wonder what they may have been able to do with a state of the art breeding facilty.I dont know why they gave the game away but they shure were a taget of the haters and trolls on the boards at the time. Cheers Oldman :joint:

BENJI

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ah,the other one I have is Grimm's White Shark....That and Sugar Blossoms.
Oh,and I found some Grimm's Original DTC99 beans,kickin' around The Vault,as well-I forgot about 'dose! :D
I'll germ some of them towards the year's end and see what's what.
Ten year old seeds,stored well,but we shall see....

Cheers!

Nice REZ ill be looking forward to the end of the year..!!!

Latest posts

Latest posts