What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BROTHERS GRIMM...STRAINS AND INFO...

D

Darkstarlive

I'm running Sugar Blossoms now and its a branchy full figured plant that looks promising.

Peace...

Last edited by a moderator:

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks hazesseker and shaunmulok...

Highlighter good post thanks for the input that was a nice read...

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
Good thread Benji! I have some original AB seeds and I pull them out of the freezer every few months, stare at them for about 2 minutes, then they go right back in the freeze. I wanna grow them so bad but they are all I have left of their stock and I am worried that a frreak accident will cause me to lose them. Paranoid I know, but once youve grown their gear and seen what comes of it, in my eyes it makes perfect sense!

White Rabbit

Digging in the garden
ICMag Donor
This is turning out to be a classic thread.... has it the potential for a sticky somewhere? Yes, especially with condensed info regarding conversations with Mr. Soul. (Highlighter etc). lovely knowledge sharing here. we need more of these types of threads me finks.
Rabbit

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I notice Apollo13 isnt on there...

BeAn, It's not included just as C-88 isn't - Tho they were a limited release, Soul didn't consider them finished til he got them to A-11 and C-99, respectively.

Mr. Soul
"Apollo 11 & 13 are from the same mother plant (Genius). The father of Apollo 13 was P.75 whereas Apollo 11's dad is Cinderella 99. Apollo 13's mother was bred from a mysterious hybrid of Jack Herer crossed with an unidentified male which seems to have given it an unusually SHORT flowering period. Its scent is a pungent “Lemon Pledge” citrus with an undertone of acrid skunk. You really taste lemons when you smoke a joint. The high is STRONG, and starts hitting you while you're smoking it, rather than being a “creeper” high. It's easy to grow, matures rapidly, and manicures easily." MrSoul

Apollo 13 has a MINIMAL amount Shiva Skunk in its composition, only about 10%. Its mother was bred from a mysterious hybrid of Jack Herer crossed with an unidentified male which seems to have given it an unusually SHORT flowering period. Its scent is a pungent "Lemon Pledge" citrus with an undertone of acrid skunk. You really taste lemons when you smoke a joint. The high is STRONG, and starts hitting you while you're smoking it, rather than being a "creeper" high. It's easy to grow, matures rapidly, and manicures easily. Cinderella 88 is shorter & more resinous, but yields about the same as Apollo 13.

The flavour is like tropical fruits like pineapple, mango, tangerine... but with an "evil" undertone a lot like certain Thai weed has. I consider Cinderella superior to Apollo, but everyone's got an opinion. Neither of these strains are true-breeding but their offspring would be good -just lots of variety. MrSoul

"The potency of A13 and Cinderella are "on par" in strength, but the character of each high is unique. A13 is a more "happy, social high" although seriously potent. Cinderella has a bit more "paranoia-inducing" high. Neither one has the "couch-lock" effect -they give the smoker an "up", energetic feeling... good for doing something physical, as opposed to lying around comatose." MrSoul

HashishinReidi

Highlighter i dont think anyone would say anything about what you said .

As i think its spot on, and i think anyone else who was around at the time would also agree with what you say on every aspect.

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
HashishinReidi, I was very stoned when I posted that, almost deleted it on the spot! :D Being who I am tho, I thought at the least, it would spark up this thread and get it rolling!
I see all these threads like "who's got the best C99?" and the like, w/ a bunch of folks who weren't around, say, 6-7 yrs ago, (when you could still buy much of the originals) and they romantize these guys, putting them on a pedestal.
There's always been a demand for these genetics and it seems to be increasing w/ a whole new generation.
I certainly hope Cannacopia and others can keep these genes going, and I know there's some old codgers out there that can add a lot of insight to this thread. Hope they step up. :wink:

Apollo 11 harvested this wk.
picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
Nice lost in a sea do you have any pics..?

And i agree with your last statement...

Also a friend told me their Northern Light version was the best he has ever grown i think the taste and smell was described as straight up lemon pine needles...

i cut the last DTC99 down a couple of days ago, but il take some pics later of the carcass and nugs. i need to get a better camera so no promises on the picture quality.

Weedninja

I'll probably take some lumps for this, and anyone that knows me, knows I LOVE Apollo, but these guys aren't in the same class as Sam, Shanti, or DJ. They were opportunistic breeders w/ keen eyes, sifting thru others' work. Totally lucked into the Cindy. Had good connections and good marketing.
They put the work into what they did, and did it well, but let's keep things in perspective.
What burnt my ass was how expensive their gear was. All of the princess projects were like $220 and the only regular strain they had under $100 was the Sweet Skunk. Their In/Out mix kicked ass though and was only $20. Best $20 I've ever spent on beans.

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
ok im not used to doing this but the camera was well better than i thought! not the best pics but here goes-

All spice bros DTC99 f2's ( basically dry but not manicured)
it has loads of indica and sativa high, tastes a bit like cross between mr nice's spice and magus's double dutch! a sort of sugary, greasy almost beefy flavour. DTC'S size and shape is fairly homogenous and yields quite well, but some individuals have a slight variation in the mix of indica/sativa high. i think someone should seriously be producing these in some form, ive got karmas jack and chemdog aswell at the mo and DTC99 stands up to both of em in its own way, i love it

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
F'n lovely, lost in a sea! :D:yes: Have a pk of Rez's Speedball - Paradise's Sensi Star X Grimm/SSSC's DTC99 I gotta run someday. :chin:

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
F'n lovely, lost in a sea! :D:yes: Have a pk of Rez's Speedball - Paradise's Sensi Star X Grimm/SSSC's DTC99 I gotta run someday. :chin:

wow wow wow!

that sounds like it will be amazing,i wish id got some of those when they were out!

really never thought cindy would die out like it did, well that and bros grimm.......... shame

G

Guest 18340

Man, I just smoked an el with the wife while reading this thread. I'm baked and this is a great thread, nice info guys:yes:

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good thread Benji! I have some original AB seeds and I pull them out of the freezer every few months, stare at them for about 2 minutes, then they go right back in the freeze. I wanna grow them so bad but they are all I have left of their stock and I am worried that a frreak accident will cause me to lose them. Paranoid I know, but once youve grown their gear and seen what comes of it, in my eyes it makes perfect sense!

Thanks Rainman Bro if you ever pop them seeds please make a thread im dying to see the AB grown out im a big northern lights fan...

Highlighter, HindukushMaster and lost in a sea thanks for the info and pics much appreciated and good to see some of their other strains..

Mr.M

XXI
ICMag Donor
What a killer idea for a thread BENJI! Nice contributions fellas! The closest thing to Bros Grimm genetics that I have are Rez's ApolloMist and Wally's C99 (seed form). I have Rez's KillBill, but that hardly counts at just 25% C99. It would be nice to see Rez eventually work his way back to the C99 and Original Recipe A11, or even a Genius G5.
Peace,
M

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have grown A-ll like 5 or 6 times. I love it It is a nutrient whore and a half. There is a typical A-11 pheno that is lemony, and pinappley, and skunky a little. There is a genius pheno that is more lemony, and a little lankier. Both can finish in as little as 7 weeks, and yield pretty well. Also they can make full melt bubble. I found individual buds got a lot frostier when I added a few blue spectrum cfl's, to them, along with my 1000w hps. The ones with just the hps had less frost. This one requires a good flush if you want it to taste right. other words you get bud that stay planty tasting for a while. This strain starts to smell really skunky, and like rotting fruit after a 6th month cure. In a good way.

I rate it a 9.3 out of 10 on the sativa scale. It takes a long time to build up a tolerance. It is motivating high. Great medicine, or smoke before work.

I recommend it. It clones easy, and is really really an easy joy to grow. She stretches pretty good make sure you bump up the nutes a little more for this strain.

Good luck.

Aurora is great too. I just like everything from brother grimm though.

Cabri

Good Times.

Good Times.

What a killer idea for a thread BENJI! Nice contributions fellas! The closest thing to Bros Grimm genetics that I have are Rez's ApolloMist and Wally's C99 (seed form). I have Rez's KillBill, but that hardly counts at just 25% C99. It would be nice to see Rez eventually work his way back to the C99 and Original Recipe A11, or even a Genius G5.
Peace,
M

Oh Yeah bring back the Brothers grimm New and improved and I`m there!
Great pics of great nuggets.:woohoo:

C

Cinderella99

Thanks for posting the Cinderella Story, Highlighter- it is really a great reference. Here are a few other items (in no particular order) which i think are helpful for folks in this forum.

More of what Soul and others said of Soul's work and the reason I picked this up in 2000. Please forgive me if some of this is redundant:

------------------
Cindy99 Notes
"Clone flowered under a 400watt, 42watts/sq.ft. Grown organically in a soilless medium, 1:1:1 ratio of GOOD potting mix, perlite, & worm castings. Finished about 16"-18" tall. Nice high flower to leaf ratio, manicuring would be a breeze if it didn't have so much resin globbed all over it. Nugs were dense for a 400watt, but not tight like they are under the big lights. I flowered for 53 days, last 24 hours no light. I alternated Big Bloom & Hi-P fishes (Neptune's Harvest) for food. Total yield about 15gm of very frosty & very potent well manicured buds. Good flavor, but a STRONG smoke. Very "up" high. I can get a lot done instead of just vegging. By far the best I've grown. No shit." - Bill Clinton

"C88 is the best so far. It has blown the socks off every Dutch variety I've grown for all around goodness." - flwr smkr

"The photo at the web site is Cafe'Girl, she is the sister of Princess (Cinderella 88's mom). Cafe'Girl is the seed mother I'm using to produce "Dylan's Diamond" which will be released in January 1999. She's a beauty - BIG yielder of super DENSE, crystalized buds in fairly LOW light levels. Scent/flavour is very much like ginger ale." - MrSoul

"Princess was obtained from growing out seeds found in buds of Jack Herer that was purchased in Amsterdam at the "Sensi-Smile" coffee shop, an authorized outlet of Sensi Seed Bank. Thus, it is considered to be an f2 generation Jack Herer. The seeds were found only in the deepest part of the buds indicating that the father was an unusually early-maturing JH that the growers missed at first." - MrSoul

"Princess is a female which resulted from a seed found in a Jack Herer bud I bought in Amsterdam near the Sensi Seed Bank at "Coffeeshop Sensi Smile". The bud came in a 2 gr. cello-pack with the Sensi logo; I expected sinsemilla, but it had about 10 seeds so I assume she's an F2 JH. Her characteristics were so fine I wanted to create seeds that would "replicate" this plant. She has the KILLER Haze-influenced high with the most DELICIOUS pineapple/evil scent, 50 day maturation in 12/12, and incredible resin production, doesn't stretch - yet clearly Sativa-dominant! Last but not least: Never a hint of hermaphrodism after 2 years of cloning & many different styles of grow.

Mr Soul's Princess .75
Written by Mr Soul and edited by Vic High
1. Princess was obtained from growing out seeds found in buds of Jack Herer which was purchased in Amsterdam at the "Sensi-Smile" coffee shop, an authorized outlet of Sensi Seed Bank. Thus, it is considered to be an f2 generation Jack Herer. The seeds were found only in the deepest part of the buds indicating that the father was an unusually early-maturing Jack Herer that the growers missed at first.

2. Princess smells very much like pineapple both during flowering and when dried, but there's this "evil" scent in it too, like rotting meat, which has been linked with the most devastating weed (notably the Durban/Thai hybrid from SSSC, years ago). The taste is connoisseur quality when it's cured; VERY fruity. The high is almost too intense for a lot of people; Dr. Atomic actually refused to smoke any on our second meeting, after getting rather "hazed and confused" on the first sampling we did together a couple of weeks before, so he decided to try Shiva Skunk and found that more mellow and to his liking. Two hits of Princess will induce your body to tremble involuntarily and your heart to race and paranoid thoughts... very much like Haze, but not quite as intense. It also has a "creeper" quality that makes it easy to over-indulge...you get progressively higher during the first 10 minutes after smoking. Look at the May '98 issue of High Times' centerfold and find "Yellow Cab"...that's EXACTLY what the finished Princess buds look like. The "frosting" of stalked, capitate trichomes on the flowers and smaller leaves gives them a "furry" appearance much like Haze.

3. Princess grow vigorously, and is rapidly-maturing... 6 to 7 weeks of 12/12. It feeds heavily and requires about 50% stronger nutrient solution than an Indica does. It stays short, for a Sativa-dominant strain, and finishes at about 3 ft indoors. The yield from such a plant is about 20 grams.

4. Mr Soul has been "cubing" the clone of Princess so the seedline will be Princess. The father is Shiva Skunk. He is currently growing out Princess.75 to obtain males for the creation of Princess.88. Seeds of the 0.88 generation will be ready by mid-July and should produce excellent plants, albeit not perfectly stable yet...but nearly. He plans to back-cross once more after that to arrive at 0.94 Princess genetics, which should be a stable, true-breeding seedline with females "replicating" Princess reliably.

5. This strain is exactly what most people believe doesn't exist; a Sativa which grows VERY well indoors, stays short, and matures as rapidly as an Indica (faster than many), and has the great KILLER Sativa high/flavor. The yield is fine too. Mr Soul finds that the Indica strains are too leafy/stalky and much goes to waste with them, whereas Princess has an extremely high flower/leaf ratio and therefore almost no waste.

"Princess.75 finished outside in northern Kentucky Oct 15, (killer smoke!) The 99's should also, I would think. I do intend to find out! No mold and it was quite wet too." - 27yrs

"I grew out Cinderella 88 and in my experience the Great White Shark is a more interesting line although admittedly my luck with C88 was not the best. The one female I was vouchsafed grows more like a vine then a tree and is difficult to clone and cultivate. However the psychoactivity of the floral clusters is very intense and the stone is complex and very cerebral. This is a very potent plant, indeed. But if I didn't know it was Cindy, I confess I might have let this plant go a while ago. As it is I am trying to find ways to accommodate the plant's finickiness because of its lineage. But I wonder if the BG's cross between the original princess and a Green House male White Widow (Ice Princess) might not be a more propitious way of including Bg's Princess genetics in one's garden. The hybrid vigor that results from crossing two great plants of differing genetic backgrounds creates the best stock for cultivation, in my opinion." - Moose

"I want to comment that your result with the Cinderella 88 is NOT typical: I have grown an awful lot of them, and I have never seen one that was remotely "vine-like". They're usually Sativa-dominant hybrid phenotype with moderate leaf width, short & stocky stature, heavy branching, extremely high flower/leaf ratio and unparalleled resin production. The flowering plants smell like fruity cotton-candy. In my experience, they usually root through a 2 inch rockwool cube in 10 days...and I don't even use rooting hormones." -MrSoul

"Cinder: There's been a lot of talk about this strain. All I can say is that I'm very glad I grew this one. Fast, nice yields, great high. Harvested at 49 days--maybe even a little too long. While most really bite ya in the ass, the occasional bud out of my jar is simply wicked. I actually got lost a few blocks from my house--shit that hasn't happened in 10 years." - shaggy

"There are 10 C99's flowering at day 32 in the hydroponics online 2-liter bottle ebb-and flow system using GH nutes and Pure blend at about 1600 ppm(they could probably take more!!). I have to say these plants are unbelievable! The situation is that the buds are becoming too heavy for the branches, including some of the colas. It looks like some of the side buds will be scraping the floor by harvest!" - KGB

"I agree that c99 appears to be something special. Great resin production, great density at 28 days. Still no major odor(yet.) The thin leaves allow great light penetration. Sometime in the future I will do a whole garden of Cindy. What GH mix are you using on the c99 right now? She has been the most finicky feeder I've ever met." - kaka

"C-99 is very uniform. I have 4 females grown from seed that just finished their 4th week of flowering, and the only variation seems to be their height, the shortest being 3.5 feet and the tallest 4.5 feet, and all were topped once. They were started under a 400 watt MH for the first month and have been getting a full 12 hours per day of sunlight since then, and their cola's are HUGE. Wait'll you see how well they do under natural sunlight." - Rex Feral

"My estimate for Northern States would be early October. I have a friend who was growing it outdoors in Maine (48 degrees N?), it was about 3 weeks from finished in mid-September. Unfortunately, his outdoor grow was ripped off. If you're growing in an area prone to mold, you may have problems, but it's difficult to say because in the Northeast we don't have such a problem with mold. I can only tell you that the buds are DENSE (you HAVE seen the photos, haven't you?)...so it could be susceptible to mold." -MrSoul

"If its Fruit Punch that you want, you should check out "Cinderella 88"....I've smoked the mother that this is the backcross of, and YEEEEHAW she kicks ass. The smell is very similar to the Hawaiian... think back to when you (ok I) was a kid... remember Bubbalicious? Or Hubba Bubba chewing gum? Think about the tropical fruit flavor, and there ya go-- thats what it smells like... A sickly sweet fruit punch gum, a little undertone of "stink" to go with it. A first class high too... (Not to turn this into an advertisement, just a recommendation, but I've personally tried this strain and it will do it for you just like the Hawaiian)." - Shabang

"I'm kind of trying for either Kali Mist or their Himalayan Gold, essentially I'm looking for a badass sativa high that I can grow manageably indoors. -See if you can get Cinderella 88 from Mike at Weedseed. I've personally tried this smoke and it is the best, most lucid sativa high you could ask for. The breeder put a lot of time and talent into this one! Kumquat I do have 3 6' princess " crosses in my garden.

They are nothing like the j. herer growing with them, as someone mentioned...looks closer to Ncga's BW but with a more sativa look. The plants preflowered in early June which made it much easier to plan the garden spacing, although I had no idea these would get so tall. The secondary branching is quite thick and well developed with tight node spacing so looks to be a good yielder. It has handled our 100+ degree days w/o any problems, unlike the j. Herer (only minor probs with them) and even took on a Great Dane bending one over flat on the ground! It sprung right back after a bit of temporary splinting and bracing to be the fattest plant in the garden...which btw, includes most of the "hot" seedbank offerings of last year." - Desert Rat (a.k.a. M.G.)

"My head just turned full circle...This shit is good! I have to say to the brothers...Cinders passes the test with flying colours...the effect is very heady and almost hallucinogenic...very much like a potent version of silver pearl... with a smoother, fruitier taste and no nasty tickle at the back of the throat." - Mike

"I can only answer question #3 (Does it have as strong a sativa high as haze or Durban?)... WAY STRONGER!!! At least the sample of Cinderella 88 I had was. Very tight nugs too! It was grown indoors so I expect the outdoors to be even better (just the way it turns out for me). Very fruity, mellow hitting and easy to take in too much as it has a definite creep to it. The buzz is very sativa-ish and tends to make the mind wonder when trying to find something. But the energy to keep looking is there! I highly recommend it! But keep a bowl of some nice indica nearby to mellow it out! All above is strictly MHO and based on MY experience." - dead man talking a.k.a. M.G.

"The only person I know who has disliked Soul's weed is BB. Taste is a personal thing but I think we know that politics may have also played a role there. The buds of the ones I'm growing out are dense and sticky. The plants are a little small for my liking and probably won't make the grade, but it is obvious that it is high grade bud." - Vic High

"The princess I have smoked was indoor grown by a friend of mine. It is a VERY heavy sativa high bordering on paranoia at times. I found it's best when there's a bowl of a nice indica around to mellow out the edge. 3 tokes do the trick (it creeps up in about 15-20 minutes)! Very nice sweet, fruity flavor and tight nuggets. The plants I have growing outdoors in the hot desert are doing great. They have the typical sativa x-mas tree shape and very hardy. Planted 6 eggs, got 5 plants with 3 being female. It will become a permanent fixture in my garden!" - Desert Rat

"Remember that Cinderella (88) is a Sativa-dominant hybrid, so you can expect it to be a LITTLE "leggy" when grown from seed. However clones from a good mother will stay quite short - I flower 12" clones for 7 weeks in 2-gal containers of organic soil to produce a 2.5' plant which yields about 2 ounces. Yes, "crystal" production is AMAZING...the stalked resin glands appearing on bud leaves as early as 3 weeks of flowering look like white FUR!" - MrSoul

Cinderella 88: This strain is exactly what many people have been asking for. It is a Sativa-dominant strain which grows VERY well indoors, staying short and maturing as rapidly as an Indica, yet maintaining the fruity flavor and clear, soaring cerebral high of the best Sativas. The yield is well above average and her high flower/leaf ratio makes manicuring a breeze. The buds are dense, crystal-covered floral clusters shaped like braided hair. Pistil color ranges from snow white to yellow... these are PRETTY plants.