What's new

Broad Mites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetroGrow

Veteran
I'm starting week 6 flower so I feel I'm to far into flower for that kind of heat. But once done I plan on heating room and all equipment and veg plants to 120 for one hour.

For those that have done it do you feel one application does the job or should it be done twice say a week apart????

Thank god for this thread. Hoping my next round is a BM free one!!!!!:tiphat:

With broads, you should repeat treatments, because if they are in your garden, they are in your house too, or maybe your yard if you have one. They generally will return. They can be in your air conditioning/heating ducts, and are so small, they can hide out anywhere. You should continuously check your plants with a scope, looking for eggs. These can be controlled, but don't go away easily.

LadyV

OK...so I stayed up all night, added un-coated aspirin @ 325mg/gal, watered them good and heated up the room. The term "sauna" in an earlier post was an understatement....damn. I was surprised at how well the girls seemed to handle the heat, they looked like they were enjoying it! I did notice today that they are not doing their standard lights out droop when they sleep.

I also took shots of all the plants before the treatment, will have to get them moved to my computer and will upload with a future update.

I picked up both Avid and Forbid yesterday for my moms. I've seen some conflicting info here on dosing, have never used either and my little bottles came only with a sticker and the name of the product on them...can someone please show me the light?

I also have clones in domes, about 75% rooted at this point - I really don't want to toss them - suggestions?

I'm a bit concerned if the heat treat will have killed all of them - I had a bit of trouble getting the canopy over 118 - who would have thought with 8k of light going and no a/c? Finally got it to 120.4, then 121.2 when I killed 2 of my 4 fans but at that point I only had just over an hour left before lights out. I will scope tonight....

LEDNewbie

Veteran
Keep us updated ladyv.

I'm picking up three 110v heaters tomorrow. Hopefully that will be enough to bring my veg room up to 120???? Going to try veg room first. If all goes well then ill try the flower room.

RetroGrow

Veteran
OK...so I stayed up all night, added un-coated aspirin @ 325mg/gal, watered them good and heated up the room. The term "sauna" in an earlier post was an understatement....damn. I was surprised at how well the girls seemed to handle the heat, they looked like they were enjoying it! I did notice today that they are not doing their standard lights out droop when they sleep.

I also took shots of all the plants before the treatment, will have to get them moved to my computer and will upload with a future update.

I picked up both Avid and Forbid yesterday for my moms. I've seen some conflicting info here on dosing, have never used either and my little bottles came only with a sticker and the name of the product on them...can someone please show me the light?

I also have clones in domes, about 75% rooted at this point - I really don't want to toss them - suggestions?

I'm a bit concerned if the heat treat will have killed all of them - I had a bit of trouble getting the canopy over 118 - who would have thought with 8k of light going and no a/c? Finally got it to 120.4, then 121.2 when I killed 2 of my 4 fans but at that point I only had just over an hour left before lights out. I will scope tonight....

118 should be good anyway. I wanted to be sure, so pushed it to 120. An hour should be sufficient if temps are constant throughout entire space, which is not always easy depending on the climate where you are. Plants do seem to like the heat. They perk right up. The aspirin & the death of the mites could be part of the reason. I have seen mine perk right up just from aspirin before I knew what the problem was. At any rate, the heat doesn't hurt them. Keep us posted, but I'm pretty sure you will not find anything living. I would have put the moms in the sauna. Avid is not an ovicide. Will not kill eggs. Forbid will kill eggs. Heat kills everything. Remember,if your moms are in a different space, that area will have mites in it. They are probably all over your house, as they get into the A/C & heat ducting. They will come back, so remain vigilant and repeat treatment a couple of times and then as necessary.

LadyV

I hope these help someone else diagnose this earlier than I did...

My Madman seems to suffer the worst, these pics was taken just before last nights heat treatment:

And this is her in veg when I was chasing what I thought were deficiencies and/or underfeeding:

:cry:

LadyV

I hope these help someone else diagnose this earlier than I did...

My Madman seems to suffer the worst, these pics was taken just before last nights heat treatment:

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=208507&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=208508&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=208509&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

And this is her in veg when I was chasing what I thought were deficiencies and/or underfeeding:
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=208531&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

:cry:

Trying again....I couldn't find a link to edit my original post

eric2028

Veteran
ive been reading along about this heat treatment. im thinking about trying it myself. ive been using avid and forbid for the last few months to battle my bms. havnt seen any living or eggs in quite awhile but im still certain their hiding out somewhere. so i was thinking u had to wait untill lights out to increase the heat? also i have plants in all stages of bloom and was wondering if anyone had experience with this in later bloom?

RetroGrow

Veteran
ive been reading along about this heat treatment. im thinking about trying it myself. ive been using avid and forbid for the last few months to battle my bms. havnt seen any living or eggs in quite awhile but im still certain their hiding out somewhere. so i was thinking u had to wait untill lights out to increase the heat? also i have plants in all stages of bloom and was wondering if anyone had experience with this in later bloom?

Lights ARE the main heat source. You need them on. Otherwise, how are you gonna heat the room up & check temperatures?
Haven't done it in LATE bloom myself, but I believe others have. Try it on only one plant first, and check the result. Then if everything looks O.K. (I think it will), do it again with all plants. Kills broads hiding out in whole room. Do not use Forbid in flower, that's a "no-no"....it lingers too long and is highly toxic.

LEDNewbie

Veteran
So I placed three 110v heaters in my veg room just now. Took 1.5 hours but it finally hit 120 degrees. So now I'm gunna leave it like that for the next hour. I also put one 6 week old flowering girl in there to see how she responds. I'll post back later tonight with results. If the flowering girl responds well I'll do the flower room later tonight once the veg room is done. Stay tuned:biggrin:

LEDNewbie

Veteran
So I just through the heaters into my flower room. My flowering girl i had in the veg room didn't show any signs of stress from the heat.

I'd say my room was at 115+ for 1 to 1.5 hours. 120 degrees for 45 to 60 minutes. And around 125 for 15-20 minutes. I hope that's enough to do the trick?????

LadyV

I read way earlier in this thread about bio control, I'm fast approaching end of week 2 in flower and got to figure this out. Gonna do some research on the AG sites and see what I come up with.

LEDNewbie

Veteran
I read way earlier in this thread about bio control, I'm fast approaching end of week 2 in flower and got to figure this out. Gonna do some research on the AG sites and see what I come up with.

How long is your strain? I might think about hitting them with some avid as well.......?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts