What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Broad mites: ID and Organic Antidotes that work!

i have used this flying skull and it works i had outbreak of BMs in my my last run and it spread to some of my clones also this product is omri listed and can use up to the day of harvest! te only downside i saw was the app. rate whice is 2 oz. - 2.5 oz. per gal. stuff is costly but it works:laughing:

what dosage do you use and how often? I've heard of many people burning there pistols

mtntrogger

Veteran
I got either bm's or hrm's ...not sure which, they are not visible , and no webs, but destruction is obvious. I have been battling on and off for at least a year , partly unknowingly. I only became seriously suspicious about 6 months ago, but symptoms were mild, not as full blown as now. I seems to have a solid handle on them in veg right now. I clean my room(s) 2-3 times a week , along with spraying them with sponosad alternated with green cleaner and neem /iso also twice a week, and every other day with straight h20. However I am in the fifth week of flower and won't spray anything on a plant with pistols. My plan is to finish this cycle while continuing this routine in veg then use a bug bomb on the room/tent. My question is will a bug bomb hurt my veg plants if left in the same room ? Was planning on either Dr. Doom or one of those raid bombs ....maybe a combo . opinions welcome

panick503

Those bombs contain pyrethrins, which are ineffective against broad and russet mites. The only fogger I am aware of that may be effective is the pylon tr bombs, but this really isn't the thread for that kind of talk..

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am hearing a lot of good things about the big time exterminator against Hemp russet mites and broad mites. Many using it for outdoor crops in Colorado.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
miles---what's the shelf life like for that stuff?

FE--- biobest has the PFR (they call it PreFeRal) but it's not available in north america. where would one find that product in the states?

the gnome

Veteran
i have used this flying skull and it works i had outbreak of BMs in my my last run and it spread to some of my clones also this product is omri listed and can use up to the day of harvest! te only downside i saw was the app. rate whice is 2 oz. - 2.5 oz. per gal. stuff is costly but it works:laughing:
i saw this stuff at farm tek.
one of the downsides i saw was the number of times you have to treat, 2-3 times the 1st day and it goes on for days, can't memeber exactly but it was a ton of work if your gro is larger.
and like you say @ 2+oz a gallon its kinda pricey...
BUT
if your in bloom it sounds like the best thing out there to save your crop and your ass! :D

hey..OGrastaman
how many times did you treat the plants??

HatchBrew

Veteran
Even though my fight eventually proved pointless due to other reasons, my fight against the broads went well using: Met52, essential oils, neem/iso and Big Time Exterminator. Fought them thru August. Stay vigilant, be thorough.

Don't think I knocked them out, but at least held at bay, would of been able to finish.

jefe noche

Even though my fight eventually proved pointless due to other reasons, my fight against the broads went well using: Met52, essential oils, neem/iso and Big Time Exterminator. Fought them thru August. Stay vigilant, be thorough.

Don't think I knocked them out, but at least held at bay, would of been able to finish.

I have noticed outdoors I have no broadmites. Indoors I do.

Diffrence is that I water every third watering with EZ-WET. I feel that it goes systemic and helps a ton. Just started using it indoors today. All in coco indoors with flood and drain

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
miles---what's the shelf life like for that stuff?

not sure at all, it's pretty new to the market, and I've just got my first bottle of the stuff.
i don't imagine it will last very long, at 50 to 100 ml per gallon

also, i'm seeing some bad reviews of the "new and improved" big time exterminator...
the new bottles say 30% stronger(45-70 mL/g), and have a darker liquid in them, whereas the older stuff was clear or lightly milky (30-100 mL per gal)

Last edited:

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have noticed outdoors I have no broadmites. Indoors I do.

Diffrence is that I water every third watering with EZ-WET. I feel that it goes systemic and helps a ton. Just started using it indoors today. All in coco indoors with flood and drain

EZ-Wet is just yucca or polysorbate 80, no? Can't recall which off hand.

FatherEarth

Veteran
So...there are many other things I planned on sharing about integrated pest management in this thread. Unfortunately I haven't had the time to post all the info or methods that I use in detail. Busy time of year and many other projects that demand my attention. It's all good Mikell. If you are irritated by my use of the acronym I can't apologize for that. I can however rebuttal with all the links PDFs and things you need to feel assured that I know what IPM means and how it's used. Or since you do not find my posts helpful or informative you have the option to ignore my posts. I'm not gifted when it comes to writing especially when on a mobile device. I do my best to get my point across and that's all I can do. When I have the time I'll sit down at my desktop and give a proper in depth reply. Between family,gardening, building projects and preparing for winter dep it's proving tough to keep up with the forum.

Honestly the careless mixing of all sorts of genetics, was mostly out of laziness and denial. Normally I run a tight ship and keep a limited number cultivars. I got swept up in the collecting and didn't believe I would get them. I don't claim to know it all or that I'm above making mistakes. When I screw up, I gladly share it for others to learn from including myself. I'm also not an organic extremist, I'll use other methods when it best suits the application. I focus my practices on being organic but turning your back on all other possibilities doesn't seem like the most intelligent option. Although there are some things I will never consider using... I'm still open to the fact there are and could be better options that may not be organic.

An example of an integrated pest management... The rotation and application of Pesticide treatments and management techniques in a scheduled or regular rotation to eliminate pests.

For instance: indoors, day one of discovery of broadmites: first move is to try and find ground zero or the main source of the pests. Usually the plant with the heaviest infestation is ground zero. Secondly eliminate migration from ground zero. ( ground zero plants I will normally cull after a heavy application of oil and bronners. Then after placing a trash bag over the entire plant and securing it tightly. I'll cut the base of the stalk closest to the soil and remove the plant from the garden.)Protective clothing only worn in the growroom is immediately implemented. Those garments do not leave the room unless properly contained and are never worn outside of the room. Round 1 of knockdown is applied. Day two thinning/ pruning plants to increase effectiveness of sprays. Proper disposal of the material... Day3 second knockdown application with a dif mode of killing action.... Preventative pest management gets 1 weekly application. Known pest infestations are treated in accordance to the life cycle of the targeted pest. Regular two spotted mites for example are treated every three days to interrupt the reproductive cycle and keep the population in steady decline..... I also space plants so that they don't touch each other when possible... I will wipe the base and rim of plastic pots with an essential oil blend and bronners soap to prevent pests from crawling up pots.. Hanging sticky traps to keep an eye on pest numbers and insect pressure is another part of pest management integration I practice ..

I prefer using organic pest remedies that are not susceptible to pest resistance. Then following up a series of knockdown applications with a heavy release of beneficial/predator insects and regular releases until the end of a cycle. . . That is what I'm calling Integrated pest management.... ♻️��✌��️

Respectfully,

FE

mtntrogger

Veteran
Great work in this thread FE ! Thanks for taking what little time you have to share with us . I have been on an agreement ipm regime on my veg plants for 3 weeks now, and plan on continuing through harvest . I am curious if and how to treat the bedroom that my tent and cabs are in. Do I need to release a bomb or two to make sure they aren't in the carpet. Was planning on bombing after harvest, in about 3 weeks. I am hoping that the constant spraying on my veg plants (spinosad, neem,ISO,nukem,green cleaner) ,maintaining very clean rooms , and bombing after this flower cycle will put them out of my garden.
Any suggestions on which bombs I should employ, Dr.doom, pylon, tr, raid ?

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Correction, I do find much of what you post helpful/informative. I don't swallow any of this AEA malarkey but that doesn't mean I put my head in the sand to everything you write. The scenario you have described is a detailed and comprehensive control response to a pest infestation.

As I said it wasen't personal, though you certainly did fit the grade.

If you're writing here on mobile, my hats off to you. I haven't read IC in almost a month while working out of town as it's a bloody pain to the senses to navigate or post on mobile.

Poly ehylene glycol - 9 nonphenyl ether. That certainly sounds like the breakfast of champions

Source? Product lit states alkylpolydlycoside and oleic acid, derived from starches and fats. I'm no chemist but those appear to be different substances altogether.

milkyjoe

Veteran
I always look up the msds. Marketing appeals to emotion...msds forces people to tell the truth by force of law.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
MSDS is not an ingredient list nor are all ingredients required to be present on one, only those that pose a potential hazard.

Care to link your source? I see one MSDS listing PEG at 1ppm. I imagine breathing air is more toxic.

Or using one of the thousands of products containing PEG, from food to medicine to sexual lubricants.

FatherEarth

Veteran
Some Hormones in the human body work in parts per billion. Parts per million can disrupt the endocrine system... Im not saying the aforementioned compound is dangerous. Although, unless you are intricately familiar with its interactions with the human body...to say that because it's only 1ppm it's of no health concern is foolish.

Bless Up!

FE