What's new

Bringing out the blueberries

Tynehead Tom

my 1998 to 2005 experience with year 98 release Blueberry , original packs, mirrors yours.
I'm on a blueberry mission myself hunting through seeds here in BC Canada where we had blueberry before 98 that was stickier, stronger and reeked so hard of this sweet acrid blueberry jam.... you literally had to wear a respirator trimming large rooms or you would get a headache in short order. I remember the DJ bluebery plants grew spears for main colas and had large longish calyxes and large granular trichomes.
I would dive ito the DJ themed stuff again but at average 200 canadian a pack I just can't bring myself to go there when I could pull some blueberry themed sees from my own vault and work them to find what I want.
I have seed lot of 1998 shiskaberry x 2015 Shiskaberry 3 f2 and I would like to reintroduce to a solid breeding blueberry line. I did a pollination from 4 plants selected from a BC cross of fraser valley blueberry hashplant x dr atomic blueberry northern lights. I think these were a BX1 or 2 and there is a lot of berry to hunt through. I narrowed my selections down to 3 females and one male. I did a full release pollination and fully seeded the 3 girls which were already nearing 4 foot tall bushes when I knocked them up but shaking the male over them in an enclosed and hepa filtered room (in and out). Put on a tyvek painter suit and went to town every day at lights out for 5 days straight. I just finished cleaning up the first 2 and have to do the third still. Thousands of seed though.... I wasn't really thinking when I dusted the entire plants LOL I'll preserve a couple thousand in the freezer and leave them in my will for the nephew hehehe

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
my 1998 to 2005 experience with year 98 release Blueberry , original packs, mirrors yours.
I'm on a blueberry mission myself hunting through seeds here in BC Canada where we had blueberry before 98 that was stickier, stronger and reeked so hard of this sweet acrid blueberry jam.... you literally had to wear a respirator trimming large rooms or you would get a headache in short order. I remember the DJ bluebery plants grew spears for main colas and had large longish calyxes and large granular trichomes.
I would dive ito the DJ themed stuff again but at average 200 canadian a pack I just can't bring myself to go there when I could pull some blueberry themed sees from my own vault and work them to find what I want.
I have seed lot of 1998 shiskaberry x 2015 Shiskaberry 3 f2 and I would like to reintroduce to a solid breeding blueberry line. I did a pollination from 4 plants selected from a BC cross of fraser valley blueberry hashplant x dr atomic blueberry northern lights. I think these were a BX1 or 2 and there is a lot of berry to hunt through. I narrowed my selections down to 3 females and one male. I did a full release pollination and fully seeded the 3 girls which were already nearing 4 foot tall bushes when I knocked them up but shaking the male over them in an enclosed and hepa filtered room (in and out). Put on a tyvek painter suit and went to town every day at lights out for 5 days straight. I just finished cleaning up the first 2 and have to do the third still. Thousands of seed though.... I wasn't really thinking when I dusted the entire plants LOL I'll preserve a couple thousand in the freezer and leave them in my will for the nephew hehehe
Good on you T.T. :sneaky: Do you have any pics left over from that 1998 blueberry…? Did you have a growth of sweet tooth # three [back then] ?

Tynehead Tom

no pics of the blueberry from back then. I have very few grow pics from those days.
Sweet Tooth. Yes we crushed on those beans hard back then. We went through 5 or 6 packs between 98 and 05. I do still have some F3's or F4's in my cold storage, both ones worked from my stock and some gifted recently.... I think they are F4's. Funny I was pondering pulling those out as the sweet tooth was some really nice tasty flower and I'm chasing some fruity weed lately as I come off of a kush craze LOL

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here is the Blueberry that I grew out in 1998 ….found the picture :sneaky:
D29113DE-3662-4CD9-B724-8F71E535E33A.jpeg

Miraculous Meds

Awesome project!

DunHav`nFun

Guess I needta get around more in different categories.........Old timers disease I guess......JB.......where`s that other thread you started recently......I`ll go try and find the new Blue Star thread.....

Happy holidays my brutha.....and.......

Peace......DHF......

Latest posts

Latest posts