What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Breeding for the best stimulating effect

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Malawi didn't have the punch

I respect your opinion.

what do you think about when you read that ace malawi is powerful weed? like this:

Malawi is the Queen!

it's the most powerful weed i came across the last 20 years... and i live in holland! For some of my hard smoking friends it's too much hehe. Amazing genetics! Our dutch hybrids are crap compared to this gear from ACE!

Carraxe

Veteran
I respect your opinion.

what do you think about when you read that ace malawi is powerful weed? like this:

What would you think that I think? I obviusly think that they like the Malawi much more than I do. I didn't like it much, so I didn't grow it twice. You know what weeds I keep growing from 20 years ago? Yes, Jack Herer and Black Domina from Sensi. And there are some weeds from the same ACE/CBG dealers, Taskenti, Mextiza and Thai Angola that I keep growing and crossing year after year.

If you want to know what weeds I like, these are the weeds that I grow again and again. Tasteless senseless power, like Malawi, is the kind I don't like.

Hope it is clear now. Did you like Malawi that much? Do you think everybody should like it?

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
one thing is what I like or I dont like, second thing is if it is powerful or not. and I think that ace malawi can put out powerful weed pheno. so when you say it didnt have punch... sounds strange to me... but maybe you have different chemistry than most of us. it is possible.

and yes, I dont like jack herrer. muddy dirty weed for me, too heavy to call it sativa for me, but I cant say it doesnt pack punch, it is strong weed.

Carraxe

Veteran
one thing is what I like or I dont like, second thing is if it is powerful or not. and I think that ace malawi can put out powerful weed pheno. so when you say it didnt have punch... sounds strange to me... but maybe you have different chemistry than most of us. it is possible.

and yes, I dont like jack herrer. muddy dirty weed for me, too heavy to call it sativa for me, but I cant say it doesnt pack punch, it is strong weed.

Man, if you like Malawi so much, you can use Malawi for your crosses and enjoy it yourself. That's something I won't do. That's not a question of strength, Malawi is just a weed that provides no pleasure to me as Jack Herer does. It doesn't deliver any pleasure when growing, it doesn't smell or taste good, it doesn't have a distinguished effect, and it isn't up to the sativas I work with, like Thai Angola, Mextiza, Titan's etc.

You don't like Jack? That's nice, I just don't care. I like it a lot.

Have a nice Sunday

Last edited:

Rgd

Veteran
Tom appears to be saying you can get

the sativa cut of a lifetime

from his" germ plasm.."

........i hope it happens

Carraxe

Veteran
Hi. Some months ago I found some seeds I thought there were long gone, either planted or lost. These are the seeds I made some years ago with a great Mextiza male and the Thai Angola Cut. This is one of the crosses that I was willing to repeat, in feminised form, since the original was so good. There are pictures of these plants in the beginning of the thread, or maybe the previous one.

I found them in a jar in the fridge I didn't remember that was there. There are some dozens, maybe hundreds and I decided to plant some. If these are the same I enjoyed, they really rock. I want to select a specimen that carries that bitter African punch instead the well balanced I've kept for years, TAM #27. And then backcross to the Thai Angola to keep selecting for the most agressive sativa taste.

Well, the thing is that I planted a bunch of them (37 or 38, after a fast count) and I got a quite good germination rate, there are twentysomething plants growing.

IMGP0211.JPG

And these are two of the shortest Thai Angola x Jack Herer feminised (the ones I didn't top trim) after two weeks of flowering. They grow a lot, they look vital and they do look like great sativas.

IMGP0216.JPG
IMGP0218.JPG

Sweet smokes

Carraxe

Veteran
These are some of the Thai Angola x Jack Herer from the female seeds I made. They are quite different between them, mostly because of the Thai Angola polyhybrid nature, but all of them look good and shiny with resin. They are now just past 5 weeks flowering, they will need quite a lot of time but will produce some nice shiny shit at maybe eleven or twelve weeks.

IMGP0227.JPG
IMGP0234.JPG
IMGP0233.JPG
IMGP0229.JPG

Sweet smokes

Carraxe

Veteran
These are the Jack Herer x Thai Angola and they look better in reality than in the pictures, but I couldn't get a good light to picture them now, at 7 weeks. They will provide a good harvest and quite hard and resinous buds. There are six of them, but these were the easiest to take out of the tent.

IMGP0235.JPG
IMGP0236.JPG
IMGP0239.JPG
IMGP0242.JPG

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
Good morning. I'm impressed, these plants look like they produce a ton, for sure they are bigger than a Jack Herer. They are now at 9 weeks and the branches are starting to lean and fall because of the weight of the flowers. They smell similar to the Jack Herer.

IMGP0246.JPG
IMGP0247.JPG
IMGP0248.JPG
IMGP0250.JPG
IMGP0251.JPG
IMGP0254.JPG

Sweet smokes

Carraxe

Veteran
Jack Herer x Thai Angola. They are still curing, so it is too early to smoke, but these buds look great. The smells are quite special, not as varnish-like as Jack, and stronger, as these buds pack a sharp African undertone. I like the smell and texture of these buds. The production was quite good too, and right now it seems that they smell quite similar to each other. That's a surprise.
IMGP0255.JPG
IMGP0256.JPG
IMGP0258.JPG

Waiting a couple of weeks before testing. By far, I'm impressed by the results.

Sweet smokes and nice new year

Last edited:

ankhori

Jack Herer x Thai Angola. They are still curing, so it is too early to smoke, but these buds look great. The smells are quite special, not as varnish-like as Jack, and stronger, as these buds pack a sharp African undertone. I like the smell and texture of these buds. The production was quite good too, and right now it seems that they smell quite similar to each other. That's a surprise. View attachment 18938889 View attachment 18938890 View attachment 18938891

Waiting a couple of weeks before testing. By far, I'm impressed by the results.

Sweet smokes and nice new year
Beutiful buds and resin density! Looks so good.

Un abrazo!

funkyfunk

Nice cross indeed, this buds looks great. I bet the effect is interesting. Might be potent as well. Where does this thai angola comes from?

Carraxe

Veteran
I spared some males of the Thai Angola Mextiza to pollinate a couple of plants. For a productive weed with a nice effect, I'll pollinate a Jack Herer, but I'm curious also about the mix of aromas hybridating TAM with something as tasty as Black Domina.

These are the four males I chose. They are just 3 weeks into flower, but they have already produced a good amount of yellow powder.

IMGP0020.JPG
IMGP0023.JPG
IMGP0024.JPG

I'll show the result of the pollination. Sweet smokes

Carraxe

Veteran
Hi

These are the feminized Thai Angola x Jack Herer. They are at their 34th day since put in soil, and I can fell how much they grow every day. Well, that's about the 34 plants in the upper side. There are some foreign cuts in the left bottom corner of the picture.

They grow so much that, in the test grow, they were put to flower with just 5 weeks since planted, and they made big productive plants.

I want to flower them soon and make a great harvest before the heat starts. Last years, I had problems growing further than April, since in April we had a great heat wave already.

IMGP0025.JPG
IMGP0026.JPG

Cheers

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is not from ACE. Does show what a killer Malawi hybrid can look like. These are some of the best Sativa Hybrids I've found in years. These seeds are at least 10 years old. I have the last 3 seeds soaking now. Last pic is pollinated

Malawi Gold x Grinspoon.
DSCN0353.JPG
DSCN0352.JPG
DSCN0335.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: