What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Breeding for the best stimulating effect

Carraxe

Veteran
Hi! Regarding these weeds, I didn't work much with in the last months, but I plan to catch up. Next step will be to make feminised seeds with my Jack Herer and cross her with both Thai Angola and Thai Angola Mextiza.

I've some in flower now. This monster is a Thai Angola Mextiza. My fave. 5 weeks in, full blooming. I've decided to use 6l pots for these, they usually get big and I prefer to water fewer times.

IMGP0002.JPG
IMGP0004.JPG
IMGP0006.JPG
IMGP0005.JPG

And this is the original Thai Angola after the same 5 weeks, they join the tent. Quite slow in comparison.

IMGP0007.JPG

Cheers

Nannymouse

Fond memories of the mexico plants that we would be lucky to get, back in the late 70's. I think that maybe we are spoiled now, with the readily available Cannabis of the day. Maybe if our receptors were all fresh and clean like 'back then', we would enjoy the lighter affects a bit more. Always was interested in Mextiza, but never had the opportunity. Your work with the sativas is admirable.

So, are you not working with any indicas, now? Just thinking about your Taskenti.

Oh, and about the bubblegum, yes, the ones that i worked with from WLabel were awesome in aroma and had a 'good' high. I used multiple parents, but the 'f2' generation was just not very good, i dunno if it was the different environment that they were grown, or what, but i wasn't the only one to be disappointed in that generation. All the seeds were white in that line, too. Maybe the crosses are much better, i did do one cross with romulan x mikado X romulan x C99.

Sorry, if too off topic.

Carraxe

Veteran
I've just made my first attempt with feminisation, and it worked. This is a Jack Herer from the 90s.

IMGP0013.JPG

IMGP0015.JPG

And this is the TAM, the best sativa ever. The reason I feminised the JH is that I want to test how it crosses with my TAM. There she is at 8 weeks 12/12.

IMGP0016.JPG
IMGP0017.JPG

IMGP0019.JPG

I've got some spider mites. Not a big issue at this point, I just spray some soap weekly.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
I didn't get much feminised pollen from the Jack Herer in my first try, a couple weeks ago, but I managed to spot a couple dozens of flowers growing seeds. The female is an old Thai Angola clone, very nice sativa, there is some info about her in the archives. I believe the JH will strengthen the savage aromas of the Thai Angola and reduce the flowering time in a week or two. Let's see.

I will "feminize" a new Jack soon.

Sweet smokes

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 44

Carraxe

Veteran
The pollination with feminised pollen from the Jack Herer was a success. I have just cut the Thai Angola, six weeks after pollination, and I could pick about 70 mature, dark nice seeds. I expected to get about a dozen or two, but I got many more, and there probably are some more seeds in the fresh buds.

I'll wait a couple of months, or three, before planting them. But I'm sure they'll rock with their sativa heritage.

These are the Thai Angola Jack Herer seeds. Any idea for a name? I am not specially creative in this field, I worry I'll call them something like TAJH or JHTA or anything similarly horrible that doesn't match the special sativa weed they are. Ideas welcome, thanks in advance.

IMGP0030.JPG

Sweet smokes

revegeta666

These are the Thai Angola Jack Herer seeds. Any idea for a name? I am not specially creative in this field, I worry I'll call them something like TAJH or JHTA or anything similarly horrible that doesn't match the special sativa weed they are. Ideas welcome, thanks in advance.
What about THAGORER? Sounds like some monster from power rangers or something
Droppin Poz Loads.gif

I AM THE MIGHTY THAGORER!!! FEAR MY SQUIRTY CLIT THING!!!!

Rgd

Veteran
Thats what alot of us want

You can attempt to build it

But even then

The way i find works the best is NOT

what i generally do..(grow more varieties)

Best way i have found is find something

You kind of like and grow a bunch of em

Its surprising the variation

My pet peeve is too much sedation

One can find couch lock everywhere

Even in top sativa’s

Ps

My fave before bed now is smc/dur x smg

Grew 6 did not like 5 of them

Adore one of them

In process of selfing it

“For Science Randy”

All the best with your worthy quest

Last edited:

Nannymouse

Oh yeah. okay. How about Angola Tack? Cuz saying Tangola Jack would sound too....tangie.

edit: And oh for pete sake, there are no rules for naming stuff. I do agree that when describing a pedigree, naming the female first and then pollen doners after, that makes sense.

...and i'm a granny. I guess that i've been around the boards so long that i figure every one knows. But i 'identify' as a mouse at these sites. Usually not in person, that would just be weird.

Last edited:

Carraxe

Veteran
For some reason I liked the cheap, ordinary standard way the seedbanks use to name their seeds, and for now this cross is going to be called Thai Herer.

By the way, a couple months ago I planted some seeds of a cross I made years ago, Titan's Haze x CBG Malawi. I have some plants growing and they have lovely thin leaves, I have made some cuts before putting them to flower. I have a very nice memory of this cut of Titan's Haze I used to make the seeds, that I unfortunately lost. I didn't like Malawi much, but let's see what comes out of these seeds.

Carraxe

Veteran
These are the Titan's Haze x CBG Malawi. They are clearly quite sativa leaning, with characteristics like these thin light green leaves and very slender and weak branches. I already had to tie one of the plants that was scattered all over.

These are the first ones I grow, so I don't know how good they are. I guess the coarse Malawi will impose over the delicacy of Titan's Haze effect and bouquet, but anyway they deserve a try. Everything is about sativa inebration, and this one should give some of that.

IMGP0034.JPG
IMGP0035.JPG

Sweet smokes

Carraxe

Veteran
Following the basic rules of nature, half ot these Titan's Haze x CBG Malawi resultet do be males. I guess once I started breeding with STS there is no looking back, there is a lot of extra work when using males, and the results are impredictable. Selecting two nice females from a bunch is much much easier than growing using different males and making conclusions after growing the descendants.

Anyway, these males are pretty.

IMGP0041.JPG
IMGP0045.JPG
IMGP0046.JPG

Sweet smokes

Carraxe

Veteran
This is the only female left from the batch of Titan's Haze x CBG Malawi seeds I planted. It is now at three weeks into flower. Slender and delicate

If I like this one, I'll plant the rest of the seeds to look for good sativas. I keep a cut of this one, just in case.

IMGP0048.JPG
IMGP0051.JPG
IMGP0053.JPG

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
This little cut of Jack Herer has just been thoroughly sprayed with the 0,25 mM STS solution I made some months ago, and moved to the flora garden. I'll repeat the STS shower in a week and that will be all the treatment she will get. In 6 weeks or so I hope to get some pollen to dust a TAM.

IMGP0059.JPG

Since I expect to get some extra pollen from the Jack Herer, I'll also pollinate a Black Domina. These seeds of such a cross are already being sold by a Spanish seed bank with the very unoriginal name of Black Jack and the results are apparently quite good. At the end of the day, it is a hybrid made from some of the best dutch strains from the 90s, AKA the European Cannabis Golden Age, so I guess the plants will be productive and strong. And this cross it is totally unrelated with all the new OG Chem Cookies etc, the hybrids from EEUU that are now setting new standards.

Let's see how it all goes.

Sweet smokes

Last edited:

Carraxe

Veteran
This is the Titan's Haze x CBG Malawi at 5 weeks. It's got fat long pistils and it will need a while to mature. Under these LEDs I usually get fast harvests between 8 and 9 weeks for most commercial weeds, but this one will probably need more than 10.

IMGP0062.JPG
IMGP0065.JPG
IMGP0066.JPG

Sweet smokes

Carraxe

Veteran
A couple sativas I'm testing. If they are worth the time for the effect, I'll use them in next crosses. They need their time, they've been 12/12 for six weeks and they will need some more.
IMGP0082.JPG

The one on the left is the only Titan's Haze x Malawi female I got.

IMGP0073.JPG
IMGP0074.JPG
IMGP0075.JPG

The plant in the right side is a cross Kali Mist x Neville's Haze. Two of them have these attractive thin slow sativa looks, but there is another one that looks like an hybrid and I'll probably discard that one.
IMGP0080.JPG
IMGP0076.JPG

Sweet smokes