What's new

Breeding for beginners

glasspackedbowl

Medical Test grower. Inquire within...
Veteran
If shes loaded with white hairs its time to rock and roll. It can take up to5 weeks to for mature seeds.

T

TheOneWill

Well I'm getting pics today when the lights come on. So I will post pics of her before I sex her and make sure she is alright to sex. It has a decent amount of hairs already but the bud isn't really all that big.
Oh yeah once she is done producing the first batch of seeds what shall I do with her? Toss her or keep? What happens after she produces the seeds?

Thanks for all the info glasspackedbowl.

glasspackedbowl

Veteran
keep the bud to smoke. After the seeds form the plant will slow down and stop growing so thick. So I prefer to pollenate just before or after the first hair changes from white to what ever color its gonna be. She will be done after she does seeds so If you wanna keep it around take a clone.

T

TheOneWill

Whats good to transfer pollen say from a piece of paper to the hairs? I heard a q-tip is good for that.

glasspackedbowl

Veteran
yes a q-tip or a paint brush from a model car set. I like the brush better. You can pick one up for less then $1 at any arts and crafts store.

Smoke King

Hey Glasspacked-

Sorry to drop in so quiclky but I am looking for someone to bounce problems off of. Can you be that person? If so, I will reply with the problems. Thanks ahead of time!

Mt Toaker

I read some where that you can tie a piece of plastic bag around the male flowers and the pollen will drop into that. Could probably cut corners off of plastic baggies and rubber band it around the male flower's as well.

GREAT THREAD by the way

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
glasspackedbowl said:
82posts 9,209views this thread has about a 1000 views per post. Seams like all of our members have read it. :wave:

this is good info.
i just made 3 batches of seeds with 2 different genepools. 1 male 2 dif females.

OG(P)F

OG(G)F

OG(G)M

i have a GG and a GP seed bank ill grow them out when i move in march/april
probably a few hundred seeds total....

i hope i dont clog up this thread too much but i learned alot, and it shows what others can do with some reading/learning

i got a Q about polyploids.
i have 2 branches on my OG(G) that i used for seed.
one happens to be a polyploidal branch.

is this a 2 plant in 1 seed? should i grow it our or breed with it? seams like the wild card (joker) in the pack.
i wanted to see if i could make some triploid seeds.

Omega Rasta

Omega Rasta said:
Interesting enough a lot of gardeners breed and want to name their experiment that they've worked on for garden after garden.

What I have achieved is no way monumental or ground breaking...I'm just happy for myself reaching this part of my growing experience.....but my question is.....

Has there been a White Rhino x White Widow cross named before that some Breeder is or has worked on ??
I'd like to compare a grow or two if I could.

Bless up
Omega Rasta

I present to you.....White Linen = (Nirv) White Rhino x (DP) White Widow
Organically fed with Earth Juice Grow, Bloom, Meta K, Microblast and Bio_Genesis' Synergy and molasses in a medium of Foxfarm Ocean Forest, Coco Coir, Worm Castings, Blood meal, Bone meal, Greensandplus, Ascophyllum Nodosum (sea kelp), dolomite lime and perlite.

220032d1195665774-communitea-time-organically-speaking-lui-x-ww-beans-.jpg

Now the tricky part....grow them out and see what happens :lurk: :wave:

PGW

White Linen?....NICE!

I for one am really happy that this thread is here. Thank You all for keeping it alive long enough for me to see it (not letting it fade into server oblivion) lol.

One quick question for those who aren't as new as I am to breeding/seed making:

1. Does anyone have a flowchart that shows how a plants biological structure is broken down?......What I mean is from Kingdom to Genus to Genotype to phenotype to.....?

I know I probably missed 5 or 10 there..lol...thats why I need an accurate breakdown.

I also know I can search one out on the www, but I'm worried about it being accurate enough for me to use in my learning of beginning breeder basics.

Last edited:

facelift

This is the money you could be saving if you grow
Veteran
I currently have 6 plants. 5 males and one female. I purchased the seeds online and would like to make seeds with my female.

How do I pick the best male?
How do I cross the pollen from male to female?
Should I rip out 3-4 of the male plants?
Should I shake the male plant when the sacks have popped to pollinate the female?

Any other things I am unaware of? I've never really seen too many males, when they are ready to pop generally because they get ripped before their time.

Thanks,

glasspackedbowl

Veteran
facelift said:
I currently have 6 plants. 5 males and one female. I purchased the seeds online and would like to make seeds with my female.

How do I pick the best male?
How do I cross the pollen from male to female?
Should I rip out 3-4 of the male plants?
Should I shake the male plant when the sacks have popped to pollinate the female?

Any other things I am unaware of? I've never really seen too many males, when they are ready to pop generally because they get ripped before their time.

Thanks,
Ok. heres the plan... take best 2-3 males(for variety in the gene pool) to pollenate you lady. When your looking at males heres what traits to look for...

How far apart the nodes are? If you want short stacked plants go for short node spacing.
How fast he is to flower? The faster the shorter the flowering time will be in the end.
How much vigor he has? the faster he grows taller with short nodes the better if you want an indica body stone.
Smell is also something that can help. But if they dont smell then I usually go with color. Which ever is greener gets my vote there.

If your not worried about how much bud you will get, yes taking them and lightly flick the lower stem of the male to dust female. Or take all males and the one female in a room grab a fan turn it on and shut the door return 20 min later and clean the mess up. Take a spraybottle and spray all the floor and walls to remove excess pollen and return female to grow room.

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
GpB
Howzit brother..?? Hope all is well.. long time no see.. thought id pop in and read n learn something.. chat is idle so im cruising threads.. Glad to see yer thread still kicking and teaching peeps great work.. ill bbl brother peace...

sack

facelift

Veteran
Thanks for the advice.

So far all I've done is segregate the plants. They're still in the same box, I just moved all males to one side to give the female room to grow and extra light. I guess seeds need 4-6 weeks to ripen, and the female has been sexed for just 3 days, so I have time to let the female pack on a good number of pistols. I think it's too early right now for a bulk pollination.

facelift

Veteran
What's the difference between female plants that hermi and male planta that hermi? Are the pollens the same?