What's new

Breaking Bad

gh0st9

Veteran
Am I really turning deaf? I thought the new guys name is Dodd?
Not you, lol the actor sometimes slurs his words together, seen it on other shows he was on. Not a bad actor by any means from what I've seen, I think he does that purposefully.

Yes AMC has a new format where they put more popular shows on mid season hiatus then resume the next year, they did it with the walking dead.

I don't think Walt and crew will kill Todd unless need be.. "loose end". Definitely amoral, but Walt and Mike have no remorse for killing ANY one if it will further their goals. I feel like Walt will want Todd to join. He's been shown increasingly to be part of their jobs and show promise to them. Jessie most likely will have another nervous breakdown and distance himself with this lifestyle, maybe eventually turning them in/killing them. At least imo

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the job they pulled on that last episode is super slick.... now the streets will be FLOODED with their blue meth. :laughing:

GO heisenburg!!

Wiggs Dannyboy

Last Laugh Foundation
ICMag Donor
Veteran
so...how many more episodes for this go 'round? There was going to be 8 this time, how many are left before the next break?

PistilPete

Enjoying the ride
ICMag Donor
Veteran
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/8517790/suspect-on-the-run-in-real-life-breaking-bad-case

Police search for meth cook named Walter White
09:00 AEST Fri Aug 17 2012Emily O'Keefe, ninemsn

resizer.aspx

Walter White (left) and the Breaking Bad character of the same name, played by Bryan Cranston.

In what could be described as television coming to life, a US man with the same name as the main character in Breaking Bad is being hunted by police for allegedly manufacturing methamphetamine.

Local sheriffs in Alabama have placed Walter White at the top of their most wanted list and say he turned to a life of crime in 2008, around the same time the fictional methamphetamine cook he shares a name with hit TV screens, Tuscaloosa News reports.

White, 55, was first arrested in 2008 for various drug offences including trafficking and manufacturing methamphetamine.

Police say he violated his parole in January and began making more drugs.

White was arrested again but has been on the run since he failed to show up for his court hearing.

In the TV series Breaking Bad, Walter White – a high school chemistry teacher – begins producing methamphetamine after he is diagnosed with lung cancer.

Sources: Tuscaloosa News

Author: Emily O'Keefe. Approving editor: Matthew Henry

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/8517790/suspect-on-the-run-in-real-life-breaking-bad-case

gh0st9

Veteran
Pistil,

I've read about a guy very similar to the show Walter white, not i name though. He's affiliated with bikers, and that's how he first got hooked up with them apparently if memory serves me right. Teacher->MethCook->sold to bikers-> patch member. Think from washington.

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
man walt is still a chupm around skylar, i hoped he was gonna snap and lay his pimp hand on her this time but nooooo. hes still chumping around "is it oky if some more money is coming in?"

wtf he should ditch her to the curb and upgrade, just like his car.

another thing did they REALLY have to bring in another annoying, neurotic, overacting, psychobith into the show? really?
2 arent enough?

all of the females on the show SUCK! except jessies gf and she hardly ever has any lines.

Skylar can hang Walt and Jessie and Saul and Mike and everyone else. He can't just "slap a bitch" like he's Wayne Brady ;)

Walt has to walk that very fine line between being the head of house, as always, and not letting Skylar get too much leverage on him. Walt's role as head of house hasn't changed in the show since the first episode. Walt just has a different job and the job's duties have changed. Probably for the worse but the hierarchy is still the same.

gh0st9

Veteran
Skylar can hang Walt and Jessie and Saul and Mike and everyone else. He can't just "slap a bitch" like he's Wayne Brady ;)

Walt has to walk that very fine line between being the head of house, as always, and not letting Skylar get too much leverage on him. Walt's role as head of house hasn't changed in the show since the first episode. Walt just has a different job and the job's duties have changed. Probably for the worse but the hierarchy is still the same.

If anything I think since the end of 3rd/4th season on he really took charge, fully changing into Heisenberg in persona too. More dominant than previous meek Walt. He doesn't have to really walk that line as much anymore since skylar agreed to help him launder she is now fully complicit.

Notice how when she wanted to take the kids and he brutally countered all of her ideas. He's not letting her fuck around with his life anymore and is terrorizing her. She is neurotic though and can't really complain. She knows what dealing hard drugs entail, and then plays the "oh you're a monster card". What did she expect? He's tied to cartels!

The new woman Lydia is crucial though, since she is Walt and friends connections and ties to the old Fringe empire and is currently the crux of their precursor material, and possibly a disaster waiting to happen. No doubt she will be taken out sooner or later.

Cartel530

Veteran
Well they could take her ass out and simply synthesize all the precursor chems they need. Thats the beautiful thing about organic chemistry... You can take chemicals that arent watched then with a little reflux here and some vacuum distillation there and next thing you know you have a nice stock. With walt being a world class chemist who was also a founding member of Grey Matter this should be an easy accomplishment for him.

irobot sd

I'm trying to watch season 5 off that one site and it's working on my Mac computer. However it doesn't work on my ipad. Keep getting a putlocker screen that loads & never plays. Not sure if it's settings or what.. If anyone can shoot me in the right direction please pm

gh0st9

Veteran
Well they could take her ass out and simply synthesize all the precursor chems they need. Thats the beautiful thing about organic chemistry... You can take chemicals that arent watched then with a little reflux here and some vacuum distillation there and next thing you know you have a nice stock. With walt being a world class chemist who was also a founding member of Grey Matter this should be an easy accomplishment for him.

I agree they need to take her out. Jessie's goodwill seems to do more harm than good at this point...

No doubt it wouldn't be hard for Walt, after taking a couple brutal org chem classes, synthesizing chemicals such as methylamine is on the lower end of difficulty. No doubt walt could do it. One of the reagents though is also on the DEA watchlist- anhydrous ammonia. But yeah, it would be a lot more logical+easier to just create it in the first place ammonia+menthanol=easy rxn, or even just stealing the peusdo/ephedrine instead of the methylamine since they are both tiered the same on the DEA watchlist AFAIK . But this is some typical Hollywood "drama" building plot schemes.

Cartel530

Veteran
If he went the pseudo route not only would he have a more pure potent product he would also simplify the production, but the problem with running an (pseudo)ephed reaction would then be acquiring the RP for the RXN and storage of the chemical over a period of time can lead it to turn back to white phosphorus which reacts VIOLENTLY to Oxygen (Incendiary Ammunition).

astartes

Considering the current setup for cooking, the space required for storage and synthesis of the precursors, in addition to the logistics, would likely be prohibitive. Remember, Walt has said nothing stops the train. When they have access to one house a week, the time spent synthesizing precursors would likely vex Walt to no end. He's not in control, nor making inconspicuous moves. Clearly the power has gone to his head. It will certainly be a downward spiral for the last eight episodes.

a.

gh0st9

Veteran
My memory of phospho states is rudimentary but I believe you got it backwards and red is more stable, I don't think long term storage would be a problem. Phospho would be the easiest precursor to acquire anyways imo.

astartes,
you have a point, a mobile cook site has potential in less risk but, the amount of meth they can realistically cook in a time frame and ease+ long term goals are severely hampered by this method walt wants. I have a feeling walt's going to pull the "mine"syndrome again.
Funny how in the earlier seasons it was Jessie pulling these inanae stunts, albeit more bluntly. But now Walt has the same syndrome, but much worse, he is now on an ego trip imo, giving his partners what he thinks is a illusion of partnership.