What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Competition Brainstorming Contest - Win premium membership

Status
Not open for further replies.

windmills

Can you explain how cryptos protect management in a transaction that may not be legal where you are registered?
Last that I noted, they had been monitored, and fully traceable, in the EU, UK, the US, and others, for some time now.

no, i am not crypto expert, but transaction history is saved in the blockchain, i don t think it is very easy to connect it to a person, unless you run some other things with it, that needs to be registered with id to make exchanges from crypto to cash.
You might want to update your sources before giving incorrect advice on something so impactful, especially to management. I can only assume that you do not represent management, and that is why there was no cogent answer. For the record, in all of the EU for example, cryptocurrency has been FULLY traceable, since April of 2023.

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
ok so give the correct answer, with some detailed explanations, sources of your "reads", because your comment says nothing
and i can only assume it is just trolling

windmills

You might want to update your sources before giving incorrect advice on something so impactful, especially to management. I can only assume that you do not represent management, and that is why there was no cogent answer. For the record, in all of the EU for example, cryptocurrency has been FULLY traceable, since April of 2023.

ok so give the correct answer, with some detailed explanations, sources of your "reads", because your comment says nothing
and i can only assume it is just trolling
I cannot fathom why you would surmise that, in the absence of doing your own simple homework and research. And, you do not need to take my word on this, or in the absence of any current knowledge, yours. A good day to you.

Here are just a few links to ponder, that focus on the current EU LAWS, regarding the FULL traceability, of crypto:

Last edited:

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
I cannot fathom why you would surmise that, in the absence of doing your own simple homework and research. And, you do not need to take my word on this, or in the absence of any current knowledge, yours. A good day to you.

Here are just a few links to ponder, that focus on the current EU LAWS, regarding the FULL traceability, of crypto:

Curbing money laundering and terrorism financing

Before making the crypto-assets available to beneficiaries, providers will have to verify that the source of the asset is not subject to restrictive measures or sanctions, and there are no risks of money laundering or terrorism financing.

Negotiators agreed that the set-up of a public register for non-compliant and non-supervised CASPs, with which EU CASPs would not be allowed to trade, will be covered in the Markets in Crypto-assets rules (MiCA), currently being negotiated.

windmills

Curbing money laundering and terrorism financing

Before making the crypto-assets available to beneficiaries, providers will have to verify that the source of the asset is not subject to restrictive measures or sanctions, and there are no risks of money laundering or terrorism financing.

Negotiators agreed that the set-up of a public register for non-compliant and non-supervised CASPs, with which EU CASPs would not be allowed to trade, will be covered in the Markets in Crypto-assets rules (MiCA), currently being negotiated.

Now that I have provided at least a modicum of details regarding affirming the true statements that I made, which you have chosen to quote some of the information I provided to you, in incomplete form out of context, it would be an oversight on my part not to add that this is just he beginning of the current regulations. As businesspersons it would appear imperative to know what's going on, in totality, to date.

Can you now explain the answer to my question that I asked several days ago: "How is management protected by cryptocurrency transactions?" Thanks in advance.

funkyhorse

Hi guys, I hope you dont mind some comments, I hope it is constructive criticism

I can understand the need for monetizing the site in order to support costs and why not earn money on the way. It is reasonable you are looking for ways to improve the economy
It is reasonable you have premium content and want to charge for it
Question: how many members have signed up and paid for the new premium content? The premium content is the archived threads I understand or is there anything else besides it?
How much money have you made with this move? Is it profitable?

But some things you are doing on the way are unreasonable
I cant access one of my grow logs because it is in the archived premium content
What is the incentive for someone to post a grow log if after a couple of years the poster wont be able to reach that content because it is in the premium site?
It is something like you are monetizing on growlog a poster has done for free without knowing it was going to become premium and pay per view material.

You should be the number 1 seedbank of cannabis in the planet. You got all of the big names here
Amateurs and pros.
Exchange subscription rates for seeds to members and posters. And the seed should be part of some server fund. And this server fund should include and have rare pure race varieties, rare F1s. And it should be able to be bought by anyone
No I cant send you seed nor I am able to buy subscription so I am unbiased

You should be making a lot more money offering the rarest seed made in the growlogs of your site by the top growers plus preservation runs of rare varieties rather than selling subscriptions to posting members

You should be the reference seedbank in the world, I am not talking about seedbay.
You should be the Svaalbard of cannabis. Your members hold canna treasures deep in their fridges
Offer some incentive to those people to take those treasures out of their fridges and make repros

So 2 things to work on:
1)How to convince or give enough incentive to someone to post a grow log for free if after some time it will be premium content and out of reach for the own poster
2)How to convince members to pay for memberships they dont want to pay. Barter seed for membership. If the seed is a good seller both of you have business, member and site.

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
What is the incentive for someone to post a grow log if after a couple of years the poster wont be able to reach that content because it is in the premium site?
It is something like you are monetizing on growlog a poster has done for free without knowing it was going to become premium and pay per view material.
no, that is totally not true,
everyone that have ongoing thread in any locked area have the opportunity to ask for it to continue, it will be moved to an active part of the forum.
those requests were never refused when it was asked by the thread starting member....

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Very soon the members that contributed most to the forums will get an easier way in there as well. It should really be something to look forward to, as you will see most of the archives were hidden before and not available to anyone but admin. The few subforums that were free (maybe that happened by mistake, no ideea) got put in the archive so we don't have a small portion of archive somewhere and the bigger part of it in another place.

Fuel

Win premium membership

The title of this thread resume well the equation from my perspective : "Ok, but what's inside for me ?"
And i don't found a clear/stimulating answer.

So my suggestion is : A structured dynamic, a project. Even a vision why not.

Randomly shooting around is impossible, i'm blind. And it's important to suggest things that will be carried and handled with constancy by the persons concerned.

To get pertinent suggestions openly, the equation need to be equally open. So at least a brief presentation of the staff in charge of this "alternate ICM" : their profiles, their will, their drives and how far they can go to support a given dynamic. Just this and it transform already the "what's inside for me" in "is it for me or not".

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
nothing is secret,

Dear valued IcMag users,
We are excited to announce that members who have been with us for 10 years or longer and posted at least 1000 messages will now receive special benefits as a token of our appreciation for their long-standing support and dedication.

These benefits include access to the Premium VIP subforum, Trading Post and full IcMag archive. It comes with a nice "Veteran" tag on your username. We are now working on setting up those benefits and adding new ones as well.
We want to thank our loyal long-time members for their continued contributions to our community.

If you want to get same benefits and support our forums, you can do so by subscribing to our patreon as a "Premium Supporter" here: https://www.patreon.com/internationalcannagraphic
Don't forget to send us a message with your username on patreon or contact me to upgrade your membership status. We look forward to celebrating and rewarding our most loyal members for their continued commitment to our forum. Thank you for being a part of our community!

drosera420

Premium user
Hi guys, I hope you dont mind some comments, I hope it is constructive criticism

I can understand the need for monetizing the site in order to support costs and why not earn money on the way. It is reasonable you are looking for ways to improve the economy
It is reasonable you have premium content and want to charge for it
Question: how many members have signed up and paid for the new premium content? The premium content is the archived threads I understand or is there anything else besides it?
How much money have you made with this move? Is it profitable?

But some things you are doing on the way are unreasonable

You should be the number 1 seedbank of cannabis in the planet. You got all of the big names here
Amateurs and pros.
Exchange subscription rates for seeds to members and posters. And the seed should be part of some server fund. And this server fund should include and have rare pure race varieties, rare F1s. And it should be able to be bought by anyone
No I cant send you seed nor I am able to buy subscription so I am unbiased

You should be making a lot more money offering the rarest seed made in the growlogs of your site by the top growers plus preservation runs of rare varieties rather than selling subscriptions to posting members

You should be the reference seedbank in the world, I am not talking about seedbay.
You should be the Svaalbard of cannabis. Your members hold canna treasures deep in their fridges
Offer some incentive to those people to take those treasures out of their fridges and make repros

So 2 things to work on:
1)How to convince or give enough incentive to someone to post a grow log for free if after some time it will be premium content and out of reach for the own poster
2)How to convince members to pay for memberships they dont want to pay. Barter seed for membership. If the seed is a good seller both of you have business, member and site.
I'd second this sentiment. As a relatively new grower in this legal environment I find the old grow threads exceptionally valuable. If there was a way to set a grow log requirement like post requirements or something. I typically don't post much but do like sharing some current grows. A contributor that posts grow techniques supported by evidence of success surely would count for more than the length of time here or random frivolous posts to up the numbers. Other forums are too open for my liking so I'm on board with this ans look forward to seeing how it evolves. Some of us don't frequent or have social media accounts so this is our only real outlet. For some reason it feels like there are more mature and rational heads here which is appreciated.

Fuel

nothing is secret

I'm strictly seeing the equation in the reverse sense : nothing is on the table, to at least to permit to discuss about it.

The benefits must be complementary, not the main purpose. (from my point of view : someone that don't understand the deal).

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
We know we can't make everyone happy with change. Because nobody really wants change! But stick with us and maybe some of you that don't see it yet might like where it is going.
Meanwhile, we are here to do our best at replying when questioned, taking suggestions when they beeing offered and so on. I would say we are pretty open about this. Don't think we had to delete any post regarding this so far. If we were to try to hide stuff, you'd think we would at least clean the noise and useless posts that some made, commenting before they understood any bit of this. We are not trying to make icmag worse, thats for sure. And we are very open about hearing input from users and reacting to it when it's possible and useful.

Cvh

Supermod
Vendor forums are always been hidden when the vendor stopped paying for his leased part of the forum. These were hidden and not accessible to anyone. This is how it always have been.
And now these are made accessible to the veteran and premium users.

No grow logs that were posted under grow diaries have ever been archived.

Any growlogs or threads that were posted on subforums where the lease of has been expired have always been put back when the original thread owner asked for it. This has always been and this continues to be so.

Any genetrading or any other form of trading from non-vendors have always resulted in a possible immediate ban. As we noticed many wanted to trade but cannot afford to pay for a vendor account (and current legality allows us). We introduced a free forum for our most contributive members (veterans) for it which is also open for anyone for the monthly cost of what less then a hamburger costs in my country, the premium users.

There's nothing taken away with the introduction of Veteran/Premium users. The opposite is true we have given and not taken away.

Please keep now this thread on topic.

Cheers

Rastafarout

Premium user
Yeah bring the seed thing in-house , exclusive, legit and trustworthy..
a seed bazaar with an iron fist and no scammers is really what’s needed right now
You have that other seed site rhymes with Painly ,mostly ends in pain ( fake)
You could set up similar model in here but with the control …
And not censored this community spots scammers and story tellers like a pack of bloodhounds at one sniff of the facts.
And a percentage of those sales would run this place

funkyhorse

A grow log I did in the Wizard of Oz forum running wizard of oz genetics was open for everybody when I run the grow log
I wanted to check some info I left there, it is not that important really. I wasnt trying to reopen it and I am not making a request, just wanted to check the info left. It is not a complain, it is a fact

Any genetrading or any other form of trading from non-vendors have always resulted in a possible immediate ban. As we noticed many wanted to trade but cannot afford to pay for a vendor account (and current legality allows us). We introduced a free forum for our most contributive members (veterans) for it which is also open for anyone for the monthly cost of what less then a hamburger costs in my country, the premium users.
Some things seem contradictory to me and this one is one of them, anything done in order to improve something is welcome
What about making something a little bit less elitistic
Icmag should be the trading platform that regulates and charges for seed trading and not the platform that allows elitistic 3rd parties to do business for free and then cry about lack of income

Instead of being a trading police checking if someone is doing business or not behind your back, become the Amazon of seeds, be the warehouse spot where you keep the goods and you are the mediator charging comission on the trade and giving authenticity approval seal, same like Amazon does
Amazon forces you to send your stock to their warehouse if you want to trade through the platform.
It seems Amazon does succeed with this policy
I dont see how you can succeed allowing people to do elitistic business for free and not charging for it

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
What this change has done is reward members for being here 10 years and punish those who haven’t. No more giving away or receiving seeds from other growers unless you have been here 10 years was the goal? Making a two tier society?

The closest I have come to buying seeds outside of seedbay was to send some OHz to a guy so he could have it at Piff con, and getting some supposed Piff seeds back. He didn’t bring the dope to the show and I haven’t popped the seeds.

Fresh good content is provided by the members, not the admins. My response to this change, which I consider to be a slap in the face, is to join the lurkers and stop posting grow diaries, of which I was up over 10. It is hard to restrain myself, but I also don’t want to share my inventions and discoveries of techniques for growing.

The seed donation from the USA requires filling out a customs form. That to me is akin to asking the cops to hold your beer while you piss on their shoe. The biggest improvement imo would have been a place in the USA to send seeds for the site to sell. I have spent a lot of money at the seedbay in the past, but that too doesn’t count.

There’s always overgrow, but they have a way of prioritizing some posters over others there too.

Last edited:

Fuel

what would you like to know?
I want to know who will handle daily this secondary ICM and what kind of torque they represent in term of vision. It still a privatization, the roadmap is a major leverage.

idea came from basically to stop banning members when they are offering genetics to other members, and to have a forum part where they are free to do it. giveaways, exchanges.. etc...
I understand the constraint, but it's not sexy presented like this ^^

Now to go straight to the point, various boards (privates or not) are offering this service openly without a paywall. And I don't even start to talk about the sh1t ton of Discord servers.

Without any "offending/agressive/taunting/bad faith" (come on, we are all made in sugar here or what lol ?), ICM is for me :

- The cup : not much online structures are able to offer this, it's a true singularity. And it's stimulating.
- The organic worldwide crossroad that it always been. Making sexy the investment in ads.

On vendors side, i pass. Hot subject, and i don't feel legit enough to debate on this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.