What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Competition Brainstorming Contest - Win premium membership

Status
Not open for further replies.

zif

Veteran
I think it’ be really cool if the news feed grouped items.

For followed users, this could be something like entries along the lines of “unclefishstick has 420 new items”, maybe with a breakdown into posts, replies, media, etc. Not sure how granular. Clicking that one line could then expand to the full list. Checking a “mark seen” box would clear the whole set from news.

For watched threads, it could be a comparable entry, except stating that the titled thread has X number of new replies. Expanding that could actually show the list of new replies. That’d be especially cool because it’d let you fully keep up with all of your watched threads from the same place.

It’d be great for followed users, because right now the “follow” function seems to miss a lot of a posting I’d like to see. I wondered if it’s just being pushed down the news feed by more rapid posters? It’d be much harder for that to happen if activity was grouped this way.

zif

Veteran
I think it’ be really cool if the news feed grouped items.

For followed users, this could be something like entries along the lines of “unclefishstick has 420 new items”, maybe with a breakdown into posts, replies, media, etc. Not sure how granular. Clicking that one line could then expand to the full list. Checking a “mark seen” box would clear the whole set from news.

For watched threads, it could be a comparable entry, except stating that the titled thread has X number of new replies. Expanding that could actually show the list of new replies. That’d be especially cool because it’d let you fully keep up with all of your watched threads from the same place.

It’d be great for followed users, because right now the “follow” function seems to miss a lot of a posting I’d like to see. I wondered if it’s just being pushed down the news feed by more rapid posters? It’d be much harder for that to happen if activity was grouped this way.
I was doubting my sanity, but just confirmed the news feed also omits some watched content altogether. It’d be great if this also allowed it to capture everything we’re watching, too. And/or, if the news feed was just fixed to show all watched/followed activity.

zif

Veteran
One last thought, related to the above, since I somehow omitted it. I think it would be very reasonable - even appropriate - to put the kind of functionality I suggested in as a perk for premium/veteran users. A few power user/creature comforts as an incentive could be useful.

Cvh

Supermod
The following was idea that was posted by someone else (but that post was removed as it was off topic in that specific thread)

But the idea is that there maybe be a top tier Patreon created which would allow members with such a tier badge to see posts that were deleted by moderators and also access to the post history function to view any posts edits. So a bit of a 'peeping tom' badge.

(Definitely no access to the moderator lounge or report module as these contain private/personal messages.)

Personally I don't see that much harm. It might perhaps lead to certain situations but in case of abuse we can update the rules so these kind of badges and associated privileges can be taken away.

windmills

It's still illegal in many countries, so organising crime isn't something that's a great way forward really.

I have suggested much the same in the: " Introducing Vetran Members Thread ". And,, I agree with your assessment.
I strongly surmise that there is more to come that is currently being cloaked behind the curtain. JMHO, or course.
It is hard for me to fathom that the Patreon Premium Supporters are, or in the future will, generate much income.
I could, of course, be 100% mistaken, but I am no spring chicken, and have been around a few blocks. Wait and see ..

this has been an amazing place to find mentors, and long time students of the plant.

i think some of the great things about this sitecould go toe to toe with seedfinder.eu, well what if that applied to ICMAG and some of the earliest of cuts and their crosses or new breeds had a lineage that kept up but this site could include fundamentals to that particular grow, and of course variations that shine and one's that dont! i love the idea that we are the ones moving this plant across continents into new environments and we keep this tradition strong.

just a wondering thought.....

TheMan13

Veteran
Idea: I would like to see the journals brought back. I had kept some journals on the old site of clone onlys (Bruce Banner #3 & Gorilla Glue #4) that I would back reference often over the years. It was very helpful to me in garden problem solving.

I also like the event idea. That is if it comes to the Great Lakes, as I have medical mobility/travel issues ;-)~

Clio, Michigan 2017
1st annual ZLabs Family Reunion Cup 2017 pic.jpg

1st annual ZLabs Family Reunion Cup sm - Copy.jpg

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
Idea: I would like to see the journals brought back. I had kept some journals on the old site of clone onlys (Bruce Banner #3 & Gorilla Glue #4) that I would back reference often over the years. It was very helpful to me in garden problem solving.

I also like the event idea. That is if it comes to the Great Lakes, as I have medical mobility/travel issues ;-)~

Clio, Michigan 2017
View attachment 18970143
View attachment 18970146
I wouldn't change anything, It just need more quality themes with more pictures and cultivation that is what 99% of members brought to here and other various forums.. I've been trying since I've been here. Maybe we would introduce not a veteran but some other status for people who "too much" promote a certain seeds or type of lighting, because I don't think it's fair to advertise your products on a free forum and making money without paying to forum owners.

windmills

It's still illegal in many countries, so organising crime isn't something that's a great way forward really.

I have suggested much the same in the: " Introducing Vetran Members Thread ". And,, I agree with your assessment.
I strongly surmise that there is more to come that is currently being cloaked behind the curtain. JMHO, or course.
It is hard for me to fathom that the Patreon Premium Supporters are, or in the future will, generate much income.
I could, of course, be 100% mistaken, but I am no spring chicken, and have been around a few blocks. Wait and see ..

sure, cryptos should be used in this case or something else
Can you explain how cryptos protect management in a transaction that may not be legal where you are registered?
Last that I noted, they had been monitored, and fully traceable, in the EU, UK, the US, and others, for some time now.

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
no, i am not crypto expert, but transaction history is saved in the blockchain, i don t think it is very easy to connect it to a person, unless you run some other things with it, that needs to be registered with id to make exchanges from crypto to cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.