What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Competition Brainstorming Contest - Win premium membership

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
sexy or not it is true, 2 decades of prohibition will end with this change. can you count how many members did we loose because of this? the world is changing slowly.

and somewhere it must be started, we can t let the forum to be flooded with newly registered accounts to promote their gears, this lead to the veterans badge to give the opportunity to make threads, and let them share their work without the fear of getting reported and banned.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
I think some of you guys still not get it. Except for the 3 or 5 ex-vendor subforums that were not hidden when the ads period ended (probably by mistake they were left on, but I can't be sure what happened there), there is nothing that was available before and it is not now. The veteran /premium area is added to what icmag was before (except for the subforums I mentioned above, which had to be reunited in same place with the rest of the archive), and it is a way to reward long time contributing members and maybe make some money to cover the hosting, which as of now costs almost 3 times as more as we make from patreon monthly (so nowhere near to being covered) and also our cost grows by a good percentage every few months because of the data that is uploaded (more than 1 Gb/1024 Mb a day).
The transfer to this new forum software took a lot of money and that hasn't been totally covered yet. Extra to that, in order to keep the software up to date and install or even create custom features we need to stay safe, relevant, evolve and get better also creates costs.
If you guys think the extra features are not worth it, that's ok, we do not force you to pay premium or support us in any way. But you should know keeping this forum takes money at every turn, and burns through them even when idling. Just like everyday life takes more and more money in order to live a decent life, we try to keep Icmag above the floating line, and ofc we would love to have a buffer fund from which to spend in order to get everyone new, useful and fun new functions. There are lots of available addons for this software, all costing money. For now we only got a few that were absolutely needed to keep most functionality from old software alive.
In closing this, I will say it's ok to not pay and we don't expect most to do it, we just need a small part of our membership that can afford it to do it. Being so against this as some of you are, even if there is no intention to pay for features or for supporting us, shows us maybe you don't even care about this forum and it's future so much.
Thank you all, especially to the ones supporting us!

Janborrego

Premium user
420club
I would also like to see a strain of the month contest or bud whatever you want either the whole mature plant or your best buds. Competition will bring people. I always send people here to check out the forum. Lots of cool ideas and people here

Last edited:

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
I think some of you guys still not get it. Except for the 3 or 5 ex-vendor subforums that were not hidden when the ads period ended (probably by mistake they were left on, but I can't be sure what happened there), there is nothing that was available before and it is not now. The veteran /premium area is added to what icmag was before (except for the subforums I mentioned above, which had to be reunited in same place with the rest of the archive), and it is a way to reward long time contributing members and maybe make some money to cover the hosting, which as of now costs almost 3 times as more as we make from patreon monthly (so nowhere near to being covered) and also our cost grows by a good percentage every few months because of the data that is uploaded (more than 1 Gb/1024 Mb a day).
The transfer to this new forum software took a lot of money and that hasn't been totally covered yet. Extra to that, in order to keep the software up to date and install or even create custom features we need to stay safe, relevant, evolve and get better also creates costs.
If you guys think the extra features are not worth it, that's ok, we do not force you to pay premium or support us in any way. But you should know keeping this forum takes money at every turn, and burns through them even when idling. Just like everyday life takes more and more money in order to live a decent life, we try to keep Icmag above the floating line, and ofc we would love to have a buffer fund from which to spend in order to get everyone new, useful and fun new functions. There are lots of available addons for this software, all costing money. For now we only got a few that were absolutely needed to keep most functionality from old software alive.
In closing this, I will say it's ok to not pay and we don't expect most to do it, we just need a small part of our membership that can afford it to do it. Being so against this as some of you are, even if there is no intention to pay for features or for supporting us, shows us maybe you don't even care about this forum and it's future so much.
Thank you all, especially to the ones supporting us!

i appreciate the financial transparency , it ain’t like ya all are getting a salary or anything like that

besides , I spend a ton of money on dirt , ferts , and general gardening supplies and I bitch about it until the harvest and then suddenly I realize that it has all been worth it…

IMG_8319.jpeg

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Thank you for understanding, I guess you can see how I am ok with the guys not wanting to pay, but man it bugs me when they are so against this, something that's totally optional for them, but helps keep the lights on.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
Thank you for understanding, I guess you can see how I am ok with the guys not wanting to pay, but man it bugs me when they are so against this, something that's totally optional for them, but helps keep the lights on.

it’s a thankless job for you Cats and until someone walks in ya alls shoes , they wont get it

it looks like growing pains to me and that is a good thing , in most cases…

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
I guess I must be the village idiot because I’m not thoroughly understanding what the new transition is going to be about. I don’t have any issue with Ici mag changing its format to stay relevant and keep the doors open but I just don’t know how this is going to affect every day posting here I am all for whatever changes occur as long as the site isn’t disrupted… I enjoy being a member here and have for over 10 years and I certainly don’t wanna have to think about going to another site. I like the people and the content on this site.

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
;) I think one thing that would help this site is to bring old pink back into the fray…

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
I am not in a position that I can support today but I may be in a month or 2. I would be willing. 10 buck isn't an insane amount either so it is affordable.
No worries. No one should prioritise supporting any online community over their regular life.
Also, we may have smaller patreon tiers available soon, so there is easier for those that want to support us by that smaller bit needed to make a diference.

Status
Not open for further replies.