What's new

Boycott the London 2012 Olympics

Elsweeto

I strongly dislike the olympics for a different reason. I see a direct correlation between the number of dollars spent on an athlete and the number of colored medals a country ''earns".
The olympics has passed its prime.

There's a formula using G.D.P and population whereby you can calculate how many medals a country will win to a ridiculous degree of accuracy.

e4ian

Don't agree with a lot said here.

If You had a great voice you would naturally want to show you had if ONLY for the Money.
If you were great at throwing you would Naturally want to show..
If you....
If you..

Mannn. you know your own singing voice say or song writing Skills.. Say that was awesome you'd ... Bollocks lol. WEEDHEADS !! Chuckle

Come on Jessica Ennis & Shanaze Reade yo.

Etc.
Talent (as is called) always is a Massive Inspiration.

mrcreosote

Veteran
Jeez,
What a bunch of whiners. Now hear this...
For all the fucked up things that humans do, The Olympics is maybe the one thing we do right.
The entire world stops and joins together to celebrate athletic excellence and fortitude.
I could go on and write a rousing ode to the human spirit, but if you don't see it for what it is then it would fall on deaf ears anyway and would be a waste of time.

You got 4 years to bitch about everything and anything so can't you take 2 weeks off to celebrate the one event where everyone tries their best to excel ?
We could use more of the Olympian mindset in the world.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
One hillbilly, a pipe bomb and Richard Jewel made Atlanta security, national media and the court system look like a joke.

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
and Shanaze Reade yo.

Etc.
Talent (as is called) always is a Massive Inspiration.

lmao!!

she fell on her face again!

she deserves that for doing that VISA advert :biglaugh:

:YaRight:

Jeez,
What a bunch of whiners. Now hear this...
For all the fucked up things that humans do, The Olympics is maybe the one thing we do right.
The entire world stops and joins together to celebrate athletic excellence and fortitude.
I could go on and write a rousing ode to the human spirit, but if you don't see it for what it is then it would fall on deaf ears anyway and would be a waste of time.

You got 4 years to bitch about everything and anything so can't you take 2 weeks off to celebrate the one event where everyone tries their best to excel ?
We could use more of the Olympian mindset in the world.

hey fuck you very much mrcreosote

when your paying for this stupid shit whilst you country's gdp is -400% then you can say that bs..

i hope you do enjoy that utter pointless crap,,, i paid for it :tiphat:

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
lmao!!

she fell on her face again!

she deserves that for doing that VISA advert :biglaugh:

:YaRight:

hey fuck you very much mrcreosote

when your paying for this stupid shit whilst you country's gdp is -400% then you can say that bs..

i hope you do enjoy that utter pointless crap,,, i paid for it :tiphat:

Did they raise your taxes this year because they knew they'd need extra money to cover security? If not then you didn't really pay for the Olympics you paid your taxes. Rarely do taxes go down if the government finds a way to save money or cut excess spending, they just find something else to spend it on, usually that somehow indirectly benefits one or more politician's bottom line.

Also if you want to be technical even if "you" did pay for it what you paid for was the security not for the Olympics itself. Mr. Creosote isn't going to be watching the gymnastics and say "good god, look at the pair of missles on top of that building in the background." He might be excited by a pair of something but not that pair.

Luckily this request fits with my plan of already boycotting the Olympics. Not for any greater reason than my existing boycott of the sport of curling.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
I really liked the Olympics when USA fielded amateurs only. Unfortunately this forced the exchange under the table. If corporations get rich we might as well pay the athletes, even if it rubs the shine off.

I still watch the 80s Hockey team ever now and then. For a while we were all happy because our kids beat a bunch of professionals.