What's new

BOXING-Who is the best in your opinion?

mexweed

Veteran
even way past prime Holyfield still has so much better footwork and ring movement than young Ruiz, he gets some lead rights in, he clinches at one point and then later feigns a similar clinch movement and comes up with a left hook

Dime

Another great one was Julio Cesar Chavez,he went 89-0 before a loss and ended with a record of 107 wins,6 losses and 2 draws with 86 ko,he held the title for 10 years with 27 defences..

Dime

Wilfredo Gomez had 32 ko's in a row,Nikolai Valuev weightd 328 when he won his title,Wille Pep had 2 undefeated streaks of 60 plus fights,Len Wickwar fought 467 times and won 339,Henry Armstrong held the title of 3 weight divisions at the same time,Billy Bird had 138 ko's ,Joe Louis defended his title 25 times and held the title for over 13 years

Dime

I have Tyson winning the first 5 and Tillis winning the last 5. The 4th round being Tyson's best. Id be tempted to call it draw except Tyson got the 4th 10/8. This was the first fight where Tyson had real competition. Tillis had some health issues that only got sorted out before this fight that made him inconsistant throughout his career or he may have been a top contender and he fought some big names . He was trained by Archie moore and Angelo Dundee during some of his career. He said Ernie Shavers hit him so hard it was like getting kicked by a horse only only on his chin,he said in the ring Ernie was the baddest man that ever lived and among the heavyweights many agree.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Best ever? Tyson, in his prime, that dude was just scary. His uppercuts seemed to have so much power he would practically levitate for a second.

Current? Ennis from Philly is nasty. He is insanely fast and seems to move super well. I think his career will be a wild one to watch.

shiva82

Best ever? Tyson, in his prime, that dude was just scary. His uppercuts seemed to have so much power he would practically levitate for a second.

Current? Ennis from Philly is nasty. He is insanely fast and seems to move super well. I think his career will be a wild one to watch.
what is tysons best win ?

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
what is tysons best win ?
When he knocked out Spinks in 88. Many top boxers thought it wouldnt happen. It wasnt even close. But im no expert, i just loved watching him box. I felt like he was superhuman. I never saw anything like it personally. Having read some of your responses earlier in the thread, i know your stance on this. Id love to see footage of who you find more impressive.

Last edited: