What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BOXING-Who is the best in your opinion?

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Who would have been able to handle this guy when he was 21 years old? Ali was a childhood hero of mine but I would not have liked to see him fight this guy. Marciano? I think Iron Mike would have destroyed marciano.

I was in the super flyweight div in elizabeth nj so long ago I feel prehistoric so I have no standing here but I do have an opinion heh.

shiva82

iron mike wasn't even top 20 all time. His best win was against former cruiserweight and past his prime Spinks, and i loved milkes style. Same with Nas, great to watch, not even top 20. no chance. i don't know why he is rated so high.Of course it is all subjective , but mike and naz are not top 20 in my opinion.Ali toys with mike , frustrates him , tires him and knocks him out in the later rounds. easywork for ali. it would be a schooling

Last edited:

iTarzan

Marciano wouldn't even be a heavyweight now. He weighed 190 pounds when he fought. Back in the day for what it is worth a computer had Marciano beating Ali. I don't know if he could. But he was an undefeated heavyweight champion at 190 pounds. So I think that puts him at the top of the all-time pound for pound list.

I would pay good money to watch a prime Joe Lewis vs Ali fight. A prime Tyson vs a prime Foreman fight. How about a prime Sugar Ray Robinson vs prime Hagler.

Right now I think Crawford is the best pound for pound. Tyson Fury is awesome. Plus he talks a good game and he backs it up.

Let's hear some more fantasy matchups from other people.

Reactions: BMG

shiva82

if tyson fury was 6ft 4 he would be average. he is a monster and will be hard for anyone to beat. The only man who can beat fury is the current pfp Usyk. If they were the same height and weight usyk would win easily, but tyson has the reach and size advantage. That's the only fight to be be made in heavyweight. The rest in that division are dossers. Joe joyce gives everyone problems just on durability alone but isn't pleasing on the eyes. Boxers are getting a bit like soccer players too , and just want to take the easy route for maximum money and are pure athletes. The old boys are more pure fighters first then athletes second.Also there is too many belets now. Back in alis time , they fought 15 rounders , fought each other, avenged losses and took on champions. 17 champions ali fought , and the ones he lost to he avenged. different breed nowadays.and the over hyped mike tyson wouldnt last against the likes of a prime ali, norton , foreman, frazier holmes etc . hed get smoked. the eras cant really be matched up fairly.

Last edited:

iTarzan

He isn't 6'4" though. He is what he is. I like that he doesn't run, he backs up his talk and he can get off the canvas and still knock you out. When I said Tyson vs Foreman I meant Mike Tyson. The Klitchkos 6'6"and 6"7" and he would probably beat both of them and did beat the 6'6" brother.

Roy Jones was a special fighter. In his prime nobody could touch him. I think he would be too much for Hagler. So would Sugar Ray Robinson but I still want to see them do it. You came up with a good match-up Shiva.

I am making my prediction now... Joshua is going to knock Usyk out.

iTarzan

Hey Rolandomota are you saying Alvarez is the best fighter now or the best Mexican fighter? IMHO he lost the first two fights to GGG. Many people agree in the sports world and Shiva thinks so too.

There are so many great fighters from Mexico but Julio is probably the best.

shiva82

my point being tyson fury aint all that but for his shear size.Furys reach is rediculous.Joshua only has a chance of knocking out usyk is if he catches him blind and usyk is far superior of a boxer for that. usyk has fought every style all his life and joshua lacks skill to land the shot and over commits and tires too fast.Joshua is a good weight lifter.i favour hagler over jones. lol. it's all subjective . Joshua is a well marketed social media boxer. new age body builder poser. the joshua fight is in saudi though an dthe judges are on his side , so a robbery is on the cards. Usyk to k.o joshua this time. I cant see usyk sitting still, dropping his guard and allowing joshua to telegraph heavy bombs on him. usyk will take it all on the glove and slip and counter anything A.j has

Pound for pound, prince Naseem hamed was the greatest there ever was.

No chance, he had skills but not the attitude.... once Barrera dealt with him he was gone though in reality he was gone long before.... don't even think he was the best boxer out of that Wincobank gym Graham was IMO.

shiva82

the bomber graham style. ingle and nas even stole his style. i did enjoy watching naz and bomber though

BMG

I'll be taking my son to the Boxing Gym today. He's 6 years old and i had him in the Boxing Gym when he was 4 years old doing some training. He's in love with Boxing. He says he's going to knockout Canelo but I tell him by the time he grows up to be a Professional Boxer Canelo would be an old man who's retired and that he would be fighting other people who call themselves Champions. As for my pick My Son is going to be the Greatest Boxer to come but as for the past and right now it would have to be a list of names such as

Prince Naseem Hamed
Roy Jones
Macho Camacho
Sugar Ray
Tommy Hearns
Mike Tyson
Lennox Lewis
Klitchko's
Pacquiao
Mayweather
Gatti
Mayorga
Marvin Hagler
Muhammad Ali (The Greatest of the Past)
Carlos Monzon
Andre Ward
And the list goes on..

Right now I would say

Fury
Usyk
Crawford
Savannah Marshall
David Benavidez
Canelo
Beterbiev
Bivol
Haney
Shakur Stevenson
Inoue
Demetrius Andrade

shiva82

i'm not an expert or big fan of womans boxing but i'm looking forward to savanah marshall vs shields. Savvanah can bang a bit and spars decent level men regularly.Peter Fury says it how it is too and the fight should be interesting. shields has good foundations .

my current pfp top 5 , in no particular order. usyk , fury, crawford , berterbiev, spence. I would have to give number one to usyk , from his amateur career, all the belts at cruiser,and moving up to grab 3 belts at heavy and undefeated and hasn't failed a dope test.

i think lennox has to be u.ks number one fighter , or calzaghe.Frank bruno would knock out joshua

Last edited:
Reactions: BMG
640px-Oscar_De_La_Hoya,_Feb_2011.jpg
George_Foreman.png

Latest posts

Latest posts