What's new

Botanicare, Coco, and -VT-

G

Just smoked a tester bud of some of my dabney x true blue = bomb very nice indica relaxing high :) very strong :)

Havn't gave up compleatly on the coco yet (? why though lol) must be stuborn :).

FFA MSSxOG-a

Last edited:

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Nice job slips I have never grown out a Blueberry.....heard lots about Dabney Blueberry lately....looks like a good one :yes: Rosy's pic in this thread a few pages back was mouthwatering as well :yummy: ....I hope I find a good one in the bunch....excited about doing a Blueberry seed run....I wish I had some Chimera beans though :( Sucks being poor, lol

I think there should be a Mediumless forum too S2D :smile: :wave: .....I keep vacillating on my approach for the next show....I think I'll stick to 2 gal growbags for mini bushes and fill in gaps with 1 gal growbag plants (for a total of 12), or veg longer for bush grow with 6 plants....what to do? :chin: Soon as the OGK x c99 recovers from lockout I'll probably flip
Rosy Cheeks said:
The NLXWW is easy to grow, just give it food and an occasional pat on the head and it'll grow by itself.
Blueberry is a different matter. You can't just chuck it into the growroom and feed it whatever you feed the others. You should be totally pest-free, because it resists nothing, and it'll help if you're in control of your temps and humidity.

It's worth it though. You might even feel other plants are taking up valuable space in your bloomroom, if you're hooked on the BB. I grew some WW alongside for variety, and I realize now that it was unnecessary. I'm not going to smoke it as long as I've got Blueberry in my
Thanks for the detailed feedback :wave:

Last edited:

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Battling Thrips

Battling Thrips

Finally got a pyrethrins product...actually two. I am really upset with myself for buying Fox Farm's "Don't Bug Me"

The ingredients are identical to Orchard Supply's "Easy Gone"...identical....'cept the price....OSH's product $5.49....the Fox Farm product was $10! :bashhead:

I spray them toward the end of photosynthesis after they have eaten....then rinse them the following "morning" and foliar feed. The first week they get pytrethrins 2x....once a week thereafter with neem treatment thrown in to boot......also spraying the coco surface (after irrigation) daily with pyrethrin spray.

Anyways, I should be pest free upon my return, as it is working well.....I bombed the entire property also.....

My plants are doing well with two exceptions...LA Pure is burned (N in Cal/Mag+), and OGK x c99 is locked out....the others are looking good....

G

Get that c99 x og-a healthy and she will reward you in 60 days, mine is frosty as fuc*.

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Mine looks terrible...I need help! Damn slips you're not kidding....that shit is frosty....

I just burned some plants with the pyrethrin second spray....the eggs hatch in 3 days so I whacked em again with the spray and lost some cuttings and a couple clones....
My C13 , LA PK and OGK x c99 look almost dead....but thrip free lol....I am finally gonna get to post my Straw D pre-harvest shots tonight...

Thrips cost me my GN F2 c99 mom in that DWC thread a while back...also lost Urkle and a few others...thrips are no joke!!

I'll be back with belated Straw D pre-harvest shots and some lessons learned with the molasses and PBP etc...

Last edited:

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
^^^ Ditto Aeric ^^^
Sorry to hear the borg have invaded your grow my friend - serious 'sects call for serious measures - not all girls are up to endure the task that needs doing :mad: Maybe we need to get you another C99???

man slips - your gear never ceases to frost me up - WOW:abduct:

Last edited:

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
It's no fun aeric...I've had them several times before....they just eat clones alive....impossible to root clones with thrips almost....I'm loading up on stellar seed stock just in case...I'll eliminate them, if not I'll save on postage as no one wants clones with thrips :wink:....I am in one dang good mood...hope you're doing swell...peace

I should have either ran the Cal/Mag+ deeper in bloom...or ramped up the Bloom nutes a bit....I starved this Straw D too much...and it hurt yield....but I still got just under 2 zips from this girl that was flipped small...in a 2 gal bag
Think I'll pH adjust for final flush with the molasses; and increase the molasses dose for final flush in the future

I agree brotha...slips has got some frosty dankness goin' on in his garden... glad to have the pics in my thread to keep it entertaining...I've always liked it when my buddy's post pics in my threads....I been wanting a c99 for some time now,,, got any suggestionsMGJ? :D This straw D is some pretty good smoke...I'll save us some to puff on when we hookup....Cya soon :headbange

Oh...she was taken at day 69....she needed to go to about 80 I thought....white pistils abound at day 69...also had to chop her cause of my impatience, and the damn thrips!

peace​

Last edited:
The Strawberry Diesel looks good VT! :yes: Really sucks about the thrips...pain in the ass for sure. I don't think I'll get the yield I usually get out of the Strawberry Diesel this run but I still have quite a bit of time left on 'em.

JC

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
I'm not sure which cut was which though! I have the other STD outdoors finishing....not sure if there will be a pre-chop pic....anyways I wanna definitely run her again...very good smoke....just gonna run her for personal stash for variety....

I'll post up some SR-71 outdoor Purple Kush nugs when I get around to it....should have an SR-71 Odyssey finishing outside soon, but I put her out too damn late....may just let my buddy have her

peace JC :wave:

Here is the keeper (same cut in both pics)...

day 29 this run

day 40 i think...a previous run

Won't be a problem either way to get it sorted out in the near future.:wink:

JC

B

buzzed day

welp at least you got 2 oz. from it.don't know but would a bug bomb kill those suckers?peace

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Johnny Chimpo said:
Won't be a problem either way to get it sorted out in the near future.:wink:

JC
That'll work :D Trainwreck is either resistant to thrips, or they are less desirable in the presence of so many other strains....I learned about pest preferences tagging one of kokua's threads....I have about 6 newly rooted TW clones vegging...gonna take some MTF cuts this weekend....I'm never gonna willingly give up my MTF....love her

Hey buzzed day :wave: I used a bomb with pyretrhins (potent stuff) I sprayed the plants with a pyrethrins product twice in 4 days (thrip eggs hatch in 3 days I believe?). I'll continue to treat with pyretrhins once a week...and neem once per week (applying both at "night")....yea I got close to 2 zips from a small plant in a 2 gal rootzone....9 of those Straw D's in a circle and that woulda been a decent pull in 2 gal bags. Johnny Chimpo's Strawberry Diesel is a good yielder....excellent smoke...I'm going through it quickly lol...I'd better take a dry shot soon....

Last edited:
B

buzzed day

don't know but woould hodozine peroxide in the water of a easy cloner or sprayed all over leaves kill them or chase them off.it would change the taste of the plants to them??? something i never heard tried but it might work and doesn't hurt plants to much?just a thought.peace and good luck

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Thanks buzzed day :wave: Well, the issue with the bubble cloner is that the cuttings were being eaten by the pests....so I'm dumping the bubbler for now and cloning in a dome (in coco) to protect cuttings from pests....I'm almost certain I've knocked em out. Thanks again for sharing your idea on h202 :yes: ....I've also heard of folks using rubbing alcohol....I'll know in a few days if I've eradicated them with the pyrethrins sprays, neem sprays, bombing the property, and Bti at the rootzone....in the past I've also tried Diatomaceous Earth and Nematodes

Last edited:

aeric

Veteran
I'm almosty certain I've knockked em out.
Excellent news, no more sleepless nights I hope. I've had 90% failure rate with bubblecloners, fk em!.... So what's on the pipeline?

spacecadet

hey vt just dropping by and saying hello and here a shot of my coco grow got 2 weeks left before harvest and just updated my thread with new pics

Last edited:

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Hiya -VT- :wave:
I think I know where you can find some c99 :D

Strong work on :asskick: the thrips - you have the right idea - neem and pyrethrin once a week, many weeks, should do the trick.

JC 2:yes: on that STD!!!:rasta:

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
aeric said:
Excellent news, no more sleepless nights I hope. I've had 90% failure rate with bubblecloners, fk em!....
Agreed, my good friend....this we can agree on....thanks for the positive vibe

Looking good space cadet :yes: Thanks for comin' by, and sharing a pic from your impressive foray into outdoor coco :yes: I'll hit your thread in a day or so....thanks for the invite :wave:

aeric said:
So what's on the pipeline?
Well sounds like :
MGJ said:
I know where you can find some c99
Some c99 :D And.....
Some of your gear, aeric :D (they hit :yes:)..I'll germ some of Rosy's NL x WW, and some of the beans you sent...the SDV3 x SDV3 will have to wait until I am confident about the stank, lol Thanks! :joint:

Good to see yas MGJ ...I'm ready to come get my lil' baby, CJ ....I'll be in touch, bro....hey JC's STD cut is stellar bro :yes:

I'll upload some veg shots when these girls are healthy and near 'bout ready for bloom:

TW (several)
C13
GDP
Pebbles
OGK x c99
Blockhead
MTF

That's the PBP bloomshow that'll put a "wrap" on this show...then we find seed mommas from some stellar stock....which I'll get into once I pop some beans....in pure coco

peace

Last edited:

aeric

Veteran
the SDV3 x SDV3 will have to wait until I am confident about the stank, lol Thanks!
No doubt....i wont be doing anything more than trimming these V3/original ECSD moms for awhile, same deal. Slips did a stellar job on those OGKxC99, lookin forward....and Blockhead I should be getting soon too. Aaaaah...beans in coco, unreal how vigorous they are.