What's new

Botanicals

W89

Veteran
How would you rate your dandelion FPE as a fertilizer? Scrappy

I havent used it yet mate, I only started making last week The first lot I knocked over so I got to start again lol.. I will try it out on my new flowering SSH x Blueberry tho

B

BlueJayWay

So what's the 'next best thing' in botanicals? Or do you think every rock has been turned?

Any mad concoctions being tested out? Researching any plant species for their possible uses?

Man, I'm just trying to find more stuff to do with kudzu. After chatting with Coba, another soldier in the Great Kudzu War, I'm thinking a tea made of only fresh growing tips bubbled for 24 hours will extract maximum kudzu goodness.

Then it's on to kuzumochi...

B

BlueJayWay

Kudzu - in the 'shoot'

SILICA Shoot 15,000 - 5,200 ppm DUKE1992A

Not sure if they got that backwards or if it should be 52,000ppm - which would be significant and a good addition for silica.

Here's horsetail:

SILICA Plant 60,000 - 97,000 ppm DUKE1992A
SILICIC-ACID Plant 50,000 - 80,000 ppm DUKE1992A
SILICON Plant 386 ppm; DUKE1992A

Of course there's plenty of other benefits of kudzu, but silica stood out, not many options for plants that retain silica

Funny you mention that..the first thing I did with kudzu was to hack it up and throw it in an airtight bag for a month or two and then work it into the bins. I got a link to some old timey organic gardening magazine from some strange old dude suggesting it. LD or something like that...

So who here has made kuzumochi from scratch?

Kudzu - in the 'shoot'

SILICA Shoot 15,000 - 5,200 ppm DUKE1992A

Not sure if they got that backwards or if it should be 52,000ppm - which would be significant and a good addition for silica.

Here's horsetail:

SILICA Plant 60,000 - 97,000 ppm DUKE1992A
SILICIC-ACID Plant 50,000 - 80,000 ppm DUKE1992A
SILICON Plant 386 ppm; DUKE1992A

Of course there's plenty of other benefits of kudzu, but silica stood out, not many options for plants that retain silica

Woah - Rice coming in @ a crazy
SILICA Plant 140,000 ppm; DUKE1992A

Good to see Nettle in the top 5 as well, as well as the mango seeds which is some food for thought!

Sean

Hey you still using your AEM(BIM) for your teas?!

Seandawg

Botanicals

Sean

Hey you still using your AEM(BIM) for your teas?!

I'll use lacto on certain fruit fermentations like bananas, soursop, ulu, Iilikoi, whatever comes around easily and free.

For my compost teas its pretty simple. OM, molasses, some fish hyd, and a little bit of safflower oil.

My botanical teas are just a two day steep that's all. No long term fermentation on my botanicals. I typically use, peppermint, mamaki, noni leaves, lavender, thyme, basil if I got it, again usually whatever I can get cheap or free. Simple stuff =)

SD

M

MrSterling

Fuckin' kudzu. I hope you guys use it all. Botanical our way to kudzu freedom.

Latest posts

Latest posts