What's new

Bonsai Container Landscape Grow

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
Thanks Bom. Nowhere near enough! That was the first plant I grew hydroponically and I didn't exactly shower it with love. The coco was often bone dry. The second plant is the same cutting with a lot more regular watering, and a little more experience. Both were vegged in a tiny pc case and flowered outside.

Edit: sorry, to answer your question better, I watered about every 3 or 4 days, or less!! And I had no EC meter at that stage so it was double strength nutes, lol.

ItsAllOver

Devil's Advocate
I like this idea. Bonsai for the impatient!
I'm in, if not a little late.
I'll have a picture of my entry when I can find my cam battery charger...

Glimmbo

Thread Revival

Thread Revival

Hey guys, hope I can spark some interest here. I'm a new grower, mostly for hobbie right now. I just picked up this bonsai pot, got a seedling, and I've got a few other supplies. I'm growing a Jock Horror with the hopes that it will be a nice female candidate to bonsai into nice looking, compact clone producer. Hopefully something like these but looking more like what Scrub Ninja's got going in this thread, shape/size-wise. (below)
picture.php
This from this:

picture.php

Biggest questions right now:

-Medium? I was thinking anything inert (peat, perlite etc) but any hints on what might be best to use? I was thinking maybe even legit bonsai stuff might be cool.

-The transplant? Currently I'm using a potting soil with .08-.12-.08. If I switch medium to something more "bonsai-friendly" is it going to affect the plant? And do I root trim a bit to fit the shallow pot or just sort of lay the roots all around evenly?

-Feed? Just because I have it, I was planning on using 1/3 strength dissolved miracle grow every couple weeks. Any objections?

-Photoperiod? - I'm assuming somewhere between 24/0 and 18/6, because it's continuously vegetative.

Let's get more bonsai! Oh, and you can count this as my submission to the challenge. :yay:

V

Voodoo

Well with the exception of the log at the root base, this is how I train everything I grow.
Not an entry, just an example.
100_2009.jpg

Glimmbo

Yea man, I am. Mine's none too pretty but it does the job. (fits in a pc) I've got a journal of sorts in my signature.
picture.php