What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bonsai Container Landscape Grow

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
Thanks Bom. Nowhere near enough! That was the first plant I grew hydroponically and I didn't exactly shower it with love. The coco was often bone dry. The second plant is the same cutting with a lot more regular watering, and a little more experience. Both were vegged in a tiny pc case and flowered outside.

Edit: sorry, to answer your question better, I watered about every 3 or 4 days, or less!! And I had no EC meter at that stage so it was double strength nutes, lol.

ItsAllOver

Devil's Advocate
I like this idea. Bonsai for the impatient!
I'm in, if not a little late.
I'll have a picture of my entry when I can find my cam battery charger...

Glimmbo

Thread Revival

Thread Revival

Hey guys, hope I can spark some interest here. I'm a new grower, mostly for hobbie right now. I just picked up this bonsai pot, got a seedling, and I've got a few other supplies. I'm growing a Jock Horror with the hopes that it will be a nice female candidate to bonsai into nice looking, compact clone producer. Hopefully something like these but looking more like what Scrub Ninja's got going in this thread, shape/size-wise. (below)
picture.php
This from this:

picture.php

Biggest questions right now:

-Medium? I was thinking anything inert (peat, perlite etc) but any hints on what might be best to use? I was thinking maybe even legit bonsai stuff might be cool.

-The transplant? Currently I'm using a potting soil with .08-.12-.08. If I switch medium to something more "bonsai-friendly" is it going to affect the plant? And do I root trim a bit to fit the shallow pot or just sort of lay the roots all around evenly?

-Feed? Just because I have it, I was planning on using 1/3 strength dissolved miracle grow every couple weeks. Any objections?

-Photoperiod? - I'm assuming somewhere between 24/0 and 18/6, because it's continuously vegetative.

Let's get more bonsai! Oh, and you can count this as my submission to the challenge. :yay:

V

Voodoo

Well with the exception of the log at the root base, this is how I train everything I grow.
Not an entry, just an example.
100_2009.jpg

Glimmbo

Yea man, I am. Mine's none too pretty but it does the job. (fits in a pc) I've got a journal of sorts in my signature.
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts