What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bonsai Container Landscape Grow

NOKUY

Veteran
rkrone said:
there was something else about grafting on this site and it turns out that cannabis cannot be grafted for one reason or another, idk what it was or else i would tell you, something to do with cannabis as a species and not the plants themselves

the only plant that you can successfully graft cannabis to is "hops" .

I'm not sure why you would, but you can. :wave:

...you can drill a plug (aprox. 1/2 inch diameter) out of a tree and root a clone or seedplant into the tree tho.

BonsaiGrower

Occasional User
Yukon...a whole bunch of canadians just went....huh?...Hops and Pot? ... really? I can mix my beer with my bud? what an awsome idea!!!!....lol quick smithers, fetch me my grafting tools!!!

R00KIE

Lol BG...
Reason you may want to graft a mj plant to a hops plant would be to have a stronger root system for your plant...
Alot of the times you get better pest and disease resistance, from using a rootball of another plant..
Thats about the only real reason to graft anything anyway, unless your talking apples or combining of 2 alike species....
You could take 2 different types of mj plants and graft them together to have a 2 sided mom, say one side bubblegum the other nl or whatever....
When they do that with apples, they get a 2 sided plant and in the middle a combination of the 2 pops up...
Therfore a new species of apple is born...
Btw i'm waiting for some cuttings to root then i'll be starting a bonsai just for this thread... :D

Last edited:

ZeusOGrefugee

Registered Medical Patient
Veteran
:wave: Hey BG and all...dude, I just found this thread while lookin thro TML's diary...You are fuckin insane dude, I love this kinda stuff, and it seems u are just the person to do it. What a great idea!!! :yoinks: If I have some time this summer, I def. wanna try this out, but for now, Im just gonna :lurk: here and see what u wild and crazy kids are doin with MJ Bonsai's....seriously BG, you are the man...I like the way ur mind works...Later.

- Z :sasmokin:

tngreen

Veteran
damn i would love to do somethin like this but space doesnt allow. which means i will definately be following this thread!

BonsaiGrower

Occasional User
Well I guess I better get off my ass and do someting for this now eh?...I have an LUI ready to be trimmed and repotted into a container.....sorry I've been procrastinating folks...got busy in my life and garden but I think this week I'll be able to get something going...

thanks for the kind words and interest in this thread and idea.

It was just an idea of mine but ICMag and everyone that jumps in, is what's gonna make it great.

Peace

G

vinmanr2d2 said:
hey bud. i was reading about bonsais in a book this very morning and from what i read i understand that they manicure the rootball at least once a year. wild stuff. i also like to see grafting. for instance i bought a weeping pussy willow tree that was grafted onto an apple tree stem and root, as the apple tree is hardier. have a great day BG

when we find a way to graft a sativas rootball to a super stoney indica lemme know!!!

hubout

R00KIE

Can be done.....
All you have to do is graft it..
Cannabis/Cannabis- No problem..
Cannabis/anything other than hops, no go...

D

DJ_highst_

still need to finish the landscape, but this is how I am starting off.

They are both God's Gift cuts

The Dopest

[THC] True Hippie Coonass
Veteran
lookin good DJ! here i am recovering from a drought, the roots have finally grown out the bottom hole so its fitna get buck wild up top!

Teh_Baker

I know my grow doesnt count for a bonsai setup, but I thought you guys could get a kick out of this. In my setup, one of my plants has a root that has gone rogue bonsai on us. Its all exposed to the light and air, but it doesnt seem to mind at all. Tell me what you guys think.

Teh Baker

Teh_Baker

Come on guys dont let this thread die. I know there were a couple of you guys out there that were doing great. DJ Highst and The Dopest, dont tell me your clones died or something. I dunno maing, but I thought this thread was pretty cool too. I hope she is not dead.

D

DJ_highst_

I'm on the ball still, but my two bonsai plants went into flower while they were really small, so I have to wait till it revegs to start doing training, pruning etc. Good thing is that revegged plants have shoots going in every direction once they make it back to veg, so it should be fun to train once its back in the game.

I am going outside now to take pics...back in a sec.

D

DJ_highst_

Sorry I havent really finished the landscape, I have been super busy lately, but here you guys go, just to keep the thread alive.

These are both God's Gift clones and the buds smell amazing, cant wait to bud them out for real. peace_highst

Last edited:
G

R00KIE said:
Can be done.....
All you have to do is graft it..
Cannabis/Cannabis- No problem..
Cannabis/anything other than hops, no go...

man, id LOVE to see THAT,...

have you done this methond yourself???
been trying like a MF and i cant get em to take....

got any tips....

tks in advance. and sorry to interrupt, gang. was just REAL curious on this...

DJ......looks like a nice piece of heaven u got there.....

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You guys are doing a great job...DoobieDucks Re-veggies didn't go so well...sorry...next time...Dr. Duck.

Latest posts

Latest posts