What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BOG Seeds Sour Bubble.

acespicoli

Bubble Gum

Adamn Dunn Bubblegum Strain - Breeding the Culture

Adam Dunn has relayed the history of the Bubble gum in multiple interviews and podcasts (here and here).

The Bubblegum came to Amsterdam in seed form with Adam’s friend Victor who collected the seeds while living in Rhode Island. The seeds were originally found in buds that Victor got from a source in Illinois. Victor called this variety ‘chewing gum’.

Adam popped the Bubblegum seeds and narrowed the population down to seven females and one male. The Bubblegum quickly developed notoriety and was highly sought after being introduced in Amsterdam. After refusing to sell clones of the Bubblegum Adam’s grow was broken into his clones were stolen and his mother plants were chopped down and stole – luckily a mother was salvaged from a single remaining branch.

After the break-in, Adam shared copies with Tony and Simon. These clones were used to create the various Bubblegum varieties sold by T.H.Seeds, Serious Seeds, and Sagarmatha Seeds.

Last edited:

Munson

The next question is, was Victor getting his “chewing gum” via Silverback? Or at least in the same chain that was coming from Silverback?

Munson

Wonder if “purest kush” is a hint? Maybe some PK? And when people say a “sour” pheno bubblegum, do they mean like diesel or like tart lime? I personally haven’t seen anything diesel like in sour bubble. From what I remember Bog used the “sour” moniker more for marketing cuz at the time a lot of breeders were adding “sour” in strain names. I think that’s what Bog said in an interview

acespicoli

Wonder if “purest kush” is a hint? Maybe some PK? And when people say a “sour” pheno bubblegum, do they mean like diesel or like tart lime? I personally haven’t seen anything diesel like in sour bubble. From what I remember Bog used the “sour” moniker more for marketing cuz at the time a lot of breeders were adding “sour” in strain names. I think that’s what Bog said in an interview
Could for sure see a lime or lemon flavor as sour as well, good point you make @Munson
Not much on Sour Bubble or WL or TH
1711724723227.png

But smell on Serious has Sour...
1711724770520.png

On taste its mostly Sweet and Fruity as expected 🤷‍♂️
Looks like 3 users agreed on this!!!
BG did have that very special flavor like fruity gum :)
BOG favored the sour lemon end maybe for the best hash expression
1711725117983.png

afhgan lemon from khalfia
1711725170952.png

1711725267441.png

and another "pure afghani lemon" for example

Limonene: Aroma of innovation in health and disease​

DOI: 10.1016/j.cbi.2018.02.007

The therapeutic effects of limonene have been extensively studied, proving anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antinociceptive, anticancer, antidiabetic, antihyperalgesic, antiviral, and gastroprotective effects, among other beneficial effects in health.
1711725581914.png

1711726098279.png

1711726258041.png

BOG Sour Bubble3 @BushyOldGrower
1711726339654.png

BOGs SB Male

>>>Best>ibes :huggg:

Attachments

• 1711726020989.png
    1711726020989.png
    1 MB · Views: 46
Last edited:

CARE giver

Sour Bubble Connoisseur
Veteran
I never personally found something similar. The beans made after 2012-2013 ish weren’t quite the same. But PKs pheno had a shockingly distinct dank sour milk smell. Unmistakable with or without a “sour” attached to the name. The flavor was different, much better actually, but yeah im not sure if Bog was finding similar sour phenos or what. Im sure he had but don’t personally remember him ever talking about it.

Last edited:

CARE giver

Sour Bubble Connoisseur
Veteran
Just a little progress. 7 new seedlings added. Had one from the first germ session that’s finally pulling through as well.

Got 1-2 more that seem to be germinating in paper towel that ill check on today. Think im gonna settle on 24 total this first run.

If anyone needs help searching through SB f2s made from 2010-2012 stock let me know. I’ll definitely help ya out and save all cuts.

Attachments

• IMG_3145.jpeg
    IMG_3145.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3147.jpeg
    IMG_3147.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3143.jpeg
    IMG_3143.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 12

sbeanonnamellow

The amount of love and admiration Bog has gained from being just a little mom and pop operation puts all these big breeders to shame nowadays.
Totally agree! So many breeders from the community stop interacting with the community once they start selling retail. BOG was an active member of the community and it showed! We miss you BOG, you live on in the hearts and minds of many! Through your seeds and in your selections. Nam Myoho Renge Kyo! Many blessings and much love

sbeanonnamellow

I noticed that there have also been some recent comments regarding Sour Bubble lineage and the controversy with Bubba Kush or not.

What stands out to me the most is BOG. He has used genetics from many other people and always gave them credit. He credits the genetic material for all of his work. We know Jacks Cleaner Blueberry is from SubCool. We know Sensi Star is in Life Star. He credits the work in his Sour Strawberry and even for his original BOGBubble work he credits White Label Double Gum. He even comments about how integrity and being honest is important to him. I seriously doubt that there is any Bubba Kush in BOG's work.

There is shared ancestral heritage in the work that was shared to Nevil by Jim Ortega and the work that Nevil produced and retailed to the world. I think there is a shared ancestor in the White Label Double Gum, Bubba Kush, and Sour Bubble. I don't think the Bubba Kush cutting was used in BOG'S work. Rather, shared ancestry displaying similar observable traits.

It just doesn't seem like BOG'S style to do such a thing when he always gave credit to the genetic material he was using. Bubba Kush Bubblegum work would have been a huge selling point when those elites were basically impossible for most gardeners to acquire. So I'm supposed to believe that BOG gave credit to all the other genetic material he used in his work, but the Bubba he hid that secret from the world? No way, it would have been great advertising and BOG was all about good advertising!

These are just my thoughts. I noticed the topic come back up recently in this thread and wanted to share my opinion too. Many blessings and much love

sbeanonnamellow

Nice to see you here Doug! I actually came to seek out that BOG twins comment I referenced in your thread on OG. To make sure I was speaking accurately. It's been a while since I have frequented here at Icmag but it seems I'm having difficulty finding the BOG Seeds sub forum. I remember a short while ago it was moved to an archives type of sub forum but now I'm unable to find it and when searching for threads in Google it brings up a message saying that I don't have access to view.

Does anyone know what happened to the BOG Seeds forum? Many blessings and much love

sbeanonnamellow

Turns out it wasn't a direct BOG quote and rather a quote by someone surmising their conversation with BOG. Thankfully it wasn't tucked away in the BOG Seeds sub form that I'm having difficulty finding. From:

I am a dirt farmer and we are coming into the mud harvest season.

Once someone asked BOG what he looked for in a male for breeding. BOG replied; I can't believe I am sharing this, but I look for male twins... one is typically a runt where the other is supercharged.
I am paraphrasing to the best of my recollection, but I always found that interesting.
Rest in Peace B.O.G. 😇🌲

Many blessings and much love

Doug Dawson

I actually came to seek out that BOG twins comment I referenced in your thread on OG.
Nice man, good to see you. The twins seem to have lived so that's a good sign. For those who don't know, this is from BOG LSD.

20240401_204908.jpg

They separated when I took the shell off so I planted them both Monday. This is them yesterday.
Screenshot_20240402_104736_Gallery.jpg

And now today. They are still kicking anyway.

Screenshot_20240403_172554_Gallery.jpg