What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BOG Seeds Sour Bubble.

acespicoli

Pic is from Seedfinder, not mine.

View attachment 18976224

View attachment 18976219
View attachment 18976222
Bubblegum (aka Indiana Bubblegum) is a mostly indica variety from unknown origin and can be cultivated indoors (where the plants will need a flowering time of ±60 days). .
Originally the Bubble Gum was developed by growers in Indiana, USA. From there the genetics moved to New England and eventually Holland.

Bubblegum was T.H.Seeds™ first contribution to the seed world in 1993. Over the last decades it has proven, through numerous awards and world wide fame, that Bubblegum is here to stay. We successfully inbred and stabilised this plant for it’s most desirable characteristics, it’s fruity smell, thick lingering flavor and short soldier like stature. Bubblegum breeds true, and has been used by many seed companies to produce award winning hybrids, and will make a great cornerstone for your breeding program.

https://en.seedfinder.eu/strain-info/BOGBubble/BOG_Seeds/

A pure bubblegum that was selected to be our first strain. The smell is all bubblegum and the smoke is very smooth. This very frosty strain has been my favorite for a long time. A long lasting and happy high. This mostly Indica is a large yielder indoors that produces the stickiest buds you can imagine. From my tried and true BOGBG #3 Mother plant. Flowers in 45 - 50 days.​

Last edited:

Munson

IMG_0126.jpeg

CARE giver

Sour Bubble Connoisseur
Veteran
Whatsup boys and girls 😎.

Got some exciting news.

Starting some 2010 SB gifted by a dear friend. Super excited. Was popping some old DMT alongside them but none of them have showed any tails yet.

So ill probably be popping 10-15 more of these 2010s this weekend. Well see!

Attachments

• IMG_3099.jpeg
    IMG_3099.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 15

CARE giver

Sour Bubble Connoisseur
Veteran
Anyone know the history Bubble Gum?
The Indiana seed lines
Then some growers got regular seeds and the plants got ripped
The only luck was they were able to save a female plant to clone

Well that could all be BS as well but Indiana did have some good weed back in the 90s
But it does make me wonder where the males came from
I dont know about the Indiana bubblegum. That was just a single clone as far as Im aware. But for seed companies making Bubblegum back in the 90s im sure they just used a male that was similar to bubblegum.

Bogs bugglegums were all derived from white labels bubblegum seed line back in the 90s? Even the Sour. It was a weird pheno he found in those packs. I could be wrong about that name and date because its been a while for me. But thats the jist.

Devondale

Has anyone tried sb x ak47 cross? What do you folks think of Matt riots idea that ak47 is made from bubblegum? Years ago i had a cut that smelled a lot like bubblegum.

edit:
https://codex.thebreederssyndicate.com/plants/AK47

—————- Note from Matt: Because the lineage is so secretive from most of the Dutch contingent, we can only speculate on this seedline that so many have used and continue to use over the years. If I had to speculate I would cite SSSC's description of Skunk #1 - where it shows that the Dutch thought that Skunk #1 had some Thai in it it. It I was a betting man, I’d guess majority Skunk #1 with a possible Bubblegum injection. Pure speculation based on years of growing different expressions.

Last edited:

Tynehead Tom

Whatsup boys and girls 😎.

Got some exciting news.

Starting some 2010 SB gifted by a dear friend. Super excited. Was popping some old DMT alongside them but none of them have showed any tails yet.

So ill probably be popping 10-15 more of these 2010s this weekend. Well see!
Great minds think alike!!!
I have done a full reset over here. My rooms are empty and the seeds are out. Sour Bubble (tony green) and DMT (jaws) are on deck. I actually had some going already but I had to kill all my rooms due to persistant aphid issues. Burn and turn as they say. I've gt some old reeferman stock of Bazooka Joe Bubblegum I'm tempted to pop too but I need to pace myself LOL

CARE giver

Sour Bubble Connoisseur
Veteran
Great minds think alike!!!
I have done a full reset over here. My rooms are empty and the seeds are out. Sour Bubble (tony green) and DMT (jaws) are on deck. I actually had some going already but I had to kill all my rooms due to persistant aphid issues. Burn and turn as they say. I've gt some old reeferman stock of Bazooka Joe Bubblegum I'm tempted to pop too but I need to pace myself LOL
Those same beans Tony used to make his line are the same ones in my little cups up there 😉. I had so many and Tony has always helped me out through the years so I sent him a little portion of mine.

They’re originally from Buckaroobonsai he made a bunch of F2s with beans from the golden SB era around 2010ish.

I have been searching for beans from that time period tirelessly and he has been an absolute blessing to me. Hoping to work these into something truly special for the bog community.

So youve got some great genetics to work with there man. Best of luck 😎💪.

Tynehead Tom

right on and yes , buckaroobonsai and I have interacted positively over the past while...... seems like real good people to me ;)
I also have the overgrow sourbubble reproduction by dougdawson which are F2's of an original pack of Bog's gear. Lots of sour bubble and dmt to hunt thru.
Been following tonygreen since I joined icmag back in 2015 ....... haven't missed too many drops since then hehe

acespicoli

I still havent found any suitable BOG Bubble, back in the 90s it was very popular for awhile... Bubble Gum
One thing I will say about the real deal back then it was white and sticky you had to peel it off the bag
Further we were at the house and it stuck to the wall... in the car it would stick to the window glass
Probably even a stucco wall you could have flicked it and it would stick... booger buds
Taste sweet berry just like juicy fruit gum or bubblelicous but I heard others say Bazooka sounds right

I thought BOG's was WL (white label) x TH seed anyway not that it matters much
It tested on phylos and was close to bubba kush which leads me to believe NL... id think NorStar is legit
1711500218154.png

1711499874317.png

BG clone real deal who knows?
In the end we really sure what any of these genetics really are?

I was told a long time ago it is pure afghani ... 🤷‍♂️
The story of the USA grower is out there somewhere just cant remember the exact details now

Last edited:

CARE giver

Sour Bubble Connoisseur
Veteran
right on and yes , buckaroobonsai and I have interacted positively over the past while...... seems like real good people to me ;)
I also have the overgrow sourbubble reproduction by dougdawson which are F2's of an original pack of Bog's gear. Lots of sour bubble and dmt to hunt thru.
Been following tonygreen since I joined icmag back in 2015 ....... haven't missed too many drops since then hehe
Doug and buck are both my boys. Come join the Sour Bubble Connoisseurs Society with us on discord 😂.

CARE giver

Sour Bubble Connoisseur
Veteran
I still havent found any suitable BOG Bubble, back in the 90s it was very popular for awhile... Bubble Gum
One thing I will say about the real deal back then it was white and sticky you had to peel it off the bag
Further we were at the house and it stuck to the wall... in the car it would stick to the window glass
Probably even a stucco wall you could have flicked it and it would stick... booger buds
Taste sweet berry just like juicy fruit gum or bubblelicous but I heard others say Bazooka sounds right

I thought BOG's was WL (white label) x TH seed anyway not that it matters much
It tested on phylos and was close to bubba kush which leads me to believe NL... id think NorStar is legit
View attachment 18979237
View attachment 18979236
BG clone real deal who knows?
In the end we really sure what any of these genetics really are?

I was told a long time ago it is pure afghani ... 🤷‍♂️
The story of the USA grower is out there somewhere just cant remember the exact details now
I wouldnt trust Phylos theyve been proven to do some pretty shotty work. But id agree there is Bubba in there somewhere. I don’t think it was there originally but it was introduced to SB at some point.

Nannymouse

I'm pretty sure that it was white label bubblegum. Bog and i got the same batch, i think. I could never understand how sour bubble came out of the bubblegum, after i finally got some SB 3x3 x 3x3. I've never had bubba, so couldn't say that it is a mistake by mixing up clones. Yet, so different from the bubblegum, that i wonder about that. Outliers happen, so if inbred to an odd one, i suppose that it could be straight bubblegum, but i doubt it. Did no one ever check out the dna and compare bubblegum with bubba?

edit (woops, just saw the phylos report)

Last edited:

CARE giver

Sour Bubble Connoisseur
Veteran
I'm pretty sure that it was white label bubblegum. Bog and i got the same batch, i think. I could never understand how sour bubble came out of the bubblegum, after i finally got some SB 3x3 x 3x3. I've never had bubba, so couldn't say that it is a mistake by mixing up clones. Yet, so different from the bubblegum, that i wonder about that. Outliers happen, so if inbred to an odd one, i suppose that it could be straight bubblegum, but i doubt it. Did no one ever check out the dna and compare bubblegum with bubba?
Most people dont believe Bogs story to be fair. But its his story and im fine with it lol.

Whatever it came from… doesnt change the fact that Sour Bubble is my all time favorite plant. And thats something I cant argue with him about 😎.

Tynehead Tom

all the information anyone is going to get about sour bubble history is out there. There's not much point trying to figure it out these days. What is important is that excellent representations of the line are still availlable today. It's all about the smoke for me , the history is what it is. The Phylos data is such that I don't even give it any credibility whatsoever. I don't utilize that site and never will as I think it's all a big pile of bullshit.
Bog was certainly not the only bigger name breeder to make errors in the pedigree of a line. Some have even done it on purpose so others would chase thier tails trying to recreate it.

CARE giver

Sour Bubble Connoisseur
Veteran
all the information anyone is going to get about sour bubble history is out there. There's not much point trying to figure it out these days. What is important is that excellent representations of the line are still availlable today. It's all about the smoke for me , the history is what it is. The Phylos data is such that I don't even give it any credibility whatsoever. I don't utilize that site and never will as I think it's all a big pile of bullshit.
Bog was certainly not the only bigger name breeder to make errors in the pedigree of a line. Some have even done it on purpose so others would chase thier tails trying to recreate it.
That last statement is what I believe pertaining to Bog. And I completely agree with everything else you said.

LG/

Well said!
I ran Tonys SB and it was great.
Anything regarding lineage is just a guessing game. And doesn't really matter...
It's good. That's all

Doug Dawson

Ok, not Sour Bubble but BOG LSD. Just started a new run on these and going to be collecting pollen and making a ton of F2's for future use. I just love me some BOG genetics. I will toss up a journal at some point if anyone is interested. Here is the collector card designed for the run. ✌️

BOG LSD front.jpg
b4647ec4d9a0928ab4f3fe4d97ba2fe52ea334b0.jpeg

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:yeahthats

Nannymouse

Ok, not Sour Bubble but BOG LSD. Just started a new run on these and going to be collecting pollen and making a ton of F2's for future use. I just love me some BOG genetics. I will toss up a journal at some point if anyone is interested. Here is the collector card designed for the run. ✌️

View attachment 18979627 View attachment 18979652
I liked the BOG LSD a lot! Had samples of three different seeds of that, all had nice strawberry flavor and such a nice daytime high. Wish that she'd have cloned for me. That was years ago, now. Would love to have her back, some day.