What's new

BOG Seeds Sour Bubble.

Grizz

Veteran
Looks like you have created a monster Southwind, How tall is she?Looks like a good yielder as well.

O

olddrifter66

How did you get her to fill in so nicely? That top looks to be about 6in+.

southwind

answer..

answer..

olddrifter66 said:
How did you get her to fill in so nicely? That top looks to be about 6in+.

ALOT OF STUDY!!

I have tried many many things, OD66,you know as well as I that Sour Bubble can be a bit harder to get to fill in.

But what I do is many many toppings [FIM/PINCH] until I get the shape I would like.

Also remember these SB's went in in early JUNE not MAY like last year and so are perhaps 2/3 to 1/2 the height.

But this year Outdoor almost did not happen, a disease almost wiped out my plants to the last one.

It was a kind of unsual combination of diseases really and too long to explain.

But as I said, I top often and I also use my SPECIAL JUICE.

Which has improved my yields over the years to perhaps 2 or 3 times what I used to yield.

But it takes also alot of watching the plants , making sure they are as disease and pest free as possible, that if they need a change in micro or N-PK ratos to do it right away.

patience, a good eye for what plants want.. and my juice.

which I will PM to you.

keep in mind these have JUST started bloom.

you can imagine how much anxiety I have about MOLD if they are this big now, in about a month and a half its going to be sweating everyday about it.

SOUR B.

Last edited:
O

olddrifter66

Fantastic job....I have too been trying to figure it out...
I have been trying lst and topping, but only the tops have flourished and the bottoms become pale and insignificant..but I will keep trying....

I will sweat with you on this one, becuase these look impressive.....

mold mold go away.....find your food some other way.....(repeat as necessary) OD

G

PeavillePride - Always impressed with your SB!

Sohumb Purp x Sourbubble Bx4
DSC00487Large.jpg
[/IMG]

NYCD x SB4

DSC00588Large.jpg
[/IMG]

SB4 F2's

DSC00743Large.jpg
[/IMG]

SourBubble Bx4

DSC00744Large.jpg
[/IMG]
bub.jpg
[/IMG]

SourBubble Bubble! RASTA! :rasta:

DSC00550Large.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

tequila_sunrise

WOW! I am always amazed at BOG's genetics. I had some bogglegum about 2 years ago, never got to finish it :( Kicking myself in the ass now.

Is the preservation project still going?

southwind

peaville pride!

peaville pride!

Thank you for stopping by this thread!!

Thank you for the great photos and all I have leared from you over a lot of time!

Your plants are just perfect!

This is SOUR BUBBLE grown with love and attention to detail.

sw

PeavillePride said:
Heres pix today of green pheno BX3,i have 24 going at around day 20 something.I love this one,it stil does get a bit purple but not as near dark as BX1..Peace and stay safe,DancesWithWeed////

O

olddrifter66

Finger Licken....

Finger Licken....

Care Free 1 said:
Also the ultra rare purple pheno you know well. I have not yet seen any other Sour Bub grower find this pheno yet. Lets see if we can do it again this year.

Damn You........ :canabis:

Swoop420

Great thread and awesome pictures!!

Can anyone that's grown both SB BX2 and SB BX3 describe how they vary from one another ... other than the obvious + or - 1BX ... ??

I've got a pack of the BX2's are ready to be sprouted!!

Thanks!!

southwind

Sour Bubble in BX

Sour Bubble in BX

Swoop420 said:
Great thread and awesome pictures!!

Can anyone that's grown both SB BX2 and SB BX3 describe how they vary from one another ... other than the obvious + or - 1BX ... ??

I've got a pack of the BX2's are ready to be sprouted!!

Thanks!!

Greetings:

Sour Bubble BX2 is easily recognizable by its larger leaf size and often single trunk tendency compared to BX3 which branches more easily IN GENERAL.

I have noted that alot of BX2 have a higher trichome density than BX3 , but without losing potency in BX3.

Not all THC and other cannbinoids reside in the trichome ONLY.

In general it seems that BX3 is a bit faster in veg not always but often enough to note and seems to have a bit higher yield.

If I had to NOT grow any BX itwould be BX4 as it seems to be the slowest of all and at times I need a bit less footprint taken by it for so long.

But BX1, BX2 and BX 3 are all keepers in my book, some more so than others of course.

sw

G

Really? How many beans did it take you to figure this one?

I have had no problem seeing fast, vigor and decent yield from the Bx4 and its crosses..

2 week veg = 2 oz with the first pheno , way more stretch then Bubba , however a friend ran another pheno and did get way less so I bet cha its more pheno related , less of a Bx issue.. just imo..

Bog had told a friend that the BX4 he has done was closest to the his original..

If I had to NOT grow any BX itwould be BX4 as it seems to be the slowest of all and at times I need a bit less footprint taken by it for so long.

But BX1, BX2 and BX 3 are all keepers in my book, some more so than others of course.

sw[/QUOTE]

southwind

hearsay..etc..

hearsay..etc..

AlabmaghsU said:
Really? How many beans did it take you to figure this one?

I have had no problem seeing fast, vigor and decent yield from the Bx4 and its crosses..

2 week veg = 2 oz with the first pheno , way more stretch then Bubba , however a friend ran another pheno and did get way less so I bet cha its more pheno related , less of a Bx issue.. just imo..

Bog had told a friend that the BX4 he has done was closest to the his original..

sw
[/QUOTE]

I agree..its always hard to try to say definite things on these BX's, as it IS pheno dependant.

Others who have done the BX4 also seem to not like its veg time, but we are growing somewhat larger plants in 3 to 10 gallon pots or larger or outdoors..and it does take some time to get them rooted into their pots well.

Last year I had to make sure that the BX3 was in the ground FIRST to ensure that it was large enough to compete iwth the Sweet Tooth 1.1 for light.

This year they went in later due to many problems and are flowering much smaller, last year they were at least three times this size.

Did you use male BX4 and FEMALE BX4 for your crosses?

But I DID NOT run enough BX4 to make a determination myself, I am basing it on what others have told me.

It certainly takes more time than BOGGLEGUM.

Last edited:

southwind

a-mazing!

a-mazing!

wow..wow..speechless..do you like bx4 in f2?
any info is great!!
thanks for posting here!

I have high hope for BX4 in f2 also.
and this is my opportunity to see what you think OVERALL of BX4?

I have gotten conflicting reports about it.

sw

AlabmaghsU said:
PeavillePride - Always impressed with your SB!

Sohumb Purp x Sourbubble Bx4
DSC00487Large.jpg
[/IMG]

NYCD x SB4

DSC00588Large.jpg
[/IMG]

SB4 F2's

DSC00743Large.jpg
[/IMG]

SourBubble Bx4

DSC00744Large.jpg
[/IMG]
bub.jpg
[/IMG]

SourBubble Bubble! RASTA! :rasta:

DSC00550Large.jpg
[/IMG]

G

Thanks for the pm!

The F2's are smelling like mint coffee perfume, loving it!

SB4 x OGRE

Smells like tangerine sweet tarts candy..

DSC00507Large.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC00344Large.jpg
[/IMG]

Latest posts

Latest posts