What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BOG Interest.VOTE your input

Definite interest here...back in the day I used to stare at pictures of Lifesaver and Bogglegum and dream of possibly growing them one day.

Unfortunately when I got back into the scene his genetics were no longer available.

G

sunnyside said:
The art of selection is as important as the gene pool that you start with. Good luck.

A lot of BOG's success can be attributed to his 'eye' for selection in addition to his mother stock. There is no reason why someone can't come up with fantastic crosses and new breeds of their own...with whatever parent stock they choose. A BOG revisit performed by anyone other than BOG will be good...just not the same.

If you know what you are doing and you start with good parent stock (not just good beans), and you have an eye for finding the good boys to play with...you can have success.

BOG's work was based off of work someone else had done previously. His Bogbubble was just a reworked white label bubblegum. His bogglegum was his bogbubble crossed with a NL5, I think... His Lifesaver was jacks cleaner/blueberry with the reworked white label bubblegum. There is nothing in any of his parent stock that anyone one of you couldn't replicate with today's genetics....but remember the key isn't just parent stock, most importantly is the art of selection.

I am very happy to here someone else say this. It seems a lot of people are living in the past when they should be moving forward. The idea of BOG gear as the pinnacle of greatness just seems horribly wrong. Besides, the guy is still making and selling his seeds, just at a different site.

Pirate138

the Revenant
Veteran
Even_Steven said:
I am very happy to here someone else say this. It seems a lot of people are living in the past when they should be moving forward. The idea of BOG gear as the pinnacle of greatness just seems horribly wrong. Besides, the guy is still making and selling his seeds, just at a different site.

Man what a flamer, oh and what you said about him still selling and making seeds is completely erroroneous, read the Bog well wishes part. :bashhead:

G

grapepunched

BOG is revered as a legend because he was one of the best. Period.

I wouldn't sell BOGs gear though... I'd give it away as selling it may present problems with BOG, seeing that he didn't want F2s sold in the first place.

-gp

G

grapepunched

Totally pretty much, he's stopped in here, his home, and he's been seen in person a few times. That's it.

-gp

G

Pirate138 said:
Man what a flamer, oh and what you said about him still selling and making seeds is completely erroroneous, read the Bog well wishes part. :bashhead:
All I'm saying is there is better stuff out there waiting to be discovered; if that offends you, well, you're one sorry individual. What does the well wishes thread have to do with anything? You can live in denial if you want, fact is, BOG is still making seeds and selling them through another site.

Pirate138

the Revenant
Veteran
Even_Steven said:
All I'm saying is there is better stuff out there waiting to be discovered; if that offends you, well, you're one sorry individual. What does the well wishes thread have to do with anything? You can live in denial if you want, fact is, BOG is still making seeds and selling them through another site.

Because Bog himself explains that he is NOT selling or making seeds anymore. You must be talking about BC Bud depot, they arent legit, bog's said it himself.

G

Pirate138 said:
Because Bog himself explains that he is NOT selling or making seeds anymore. You must be talking about BC Bud depot, they arent legit, bog's said it himself.
You can negative rep me all you want; you just don't matter, and your hearsay isn't worth shit.

G

grapepunched

Let the haters hate all they want. Every famous person that was famous for doing something well has haters. BOG sells through no one else, I am in the know. BCBD is not selling stock for BOG, he's clarified that. No need to argue here, I'm too confident in my knowledge to argue with someone who is not in the know as me.

-gp

G

It would be so easy for him to post up, like he did when people thought he was dead, and clarify the facts. Until someone can show some proof, I say, fuck your know.

D

dongle69

From BOG dated Sept 2007:

Hello my friends! Let me say it's been a long time, recent events have coincided in a way that no one could have anticipated. Security has been it utmost of concerns, i so apologize for not being around, my family is safe, but i must becareful.

We have rights inherent from the laws of our universe. These laws are unbreakable in reality but for a time a gov't or a person can try and disobey them. Remember that we are all brothers and sisters and that you must be true to yourselves. We must grow on. Nam Myoho Renge Kyo.

Ahh yes a very special to my friends at BCBD for still offering my wares icon_thumleft.gif I know Vegas has just sent in a fresh batch of my joint venture with Plan B as well as my regular genetics. The Bubba Kush was a gift from my friends here in the west coast it is one of my favorites outside of my SourBubble. The bubba Kush clone was very strong and vigourous very potent and flavor that is just mouth watering. I had tried Plan B's Chocolate Diesel and it is one of the most powerful sativas i've had the pleasure of tasting. So vegas and i decide to cross this pair. It took some time for me to find the male that i liked best but we found an amazing stud. I cannot take credit for this strain as the bubba kush is not my creation, i merely helped select the pairing, so i cannot take credit for this creation.

I just finished growing the first batch of these seeds, and it is one of the most potent strains i have ever smoked! 28_spin.gif Flowering time ranged between 8-9 weeks some might go longer depending on pheno but yields very well, the longer phenos will lean towards the Chocolate side but all are very potent. There is some variation is this strain as the Bubba Kush is not a stablized strain but all are vigourous and potent.

To all my loyal friends here i will try my best to visit but security is my main concern, i would like to be here more often to answer questions, but i hope my friends at BCBD don't mind helping out in the time being. Vegas is going through some personal problems and he needs to take care of himself right now.

We are still trying to come up with a name for this new potent strain and would be honored to some grow threads on this new amazing strain, i'm sure my good friends here will come up with something! But before i go here's a few pics of this new viper! ciao.gif

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo is the answer so ask the question..

And this from October 2007:

My friends it has taken me a long time to come with a name for my new viper, and after growing out many seed plants my new creation has exceeded all my expectations. Here she is:

Chocolate Bubba

My creation of gifts! A very special medical Bubba Kush crossed with a very strong Chocolate Diesel male gifted from Plan B. Beware she's very tasty, but don't let her flavour fool you for her bite is extremely potent. One my favorites! There will be some variation but i wanted to keep the genetics intact as all pheno's a power houses. She won't disappoint! Flowering 56-70days (indica pheno-sativa pheno)

My Friends here at BCBD will come up with some thing fun for you guys for those autographed Bonaza of Green books, i'll try and send a few more for them as they have helped out a great deal through these rough times.

Welcome to the world of Chocolate Bubba!

Pirate138

the Revenant
Veteran
Whos got a link to that thread BOG started a few weeks ago in the tokers forum? Im pretty sure in there he talks about how he doesnt make seeds anymore and those BCBD are hacks.

G

grapepunched

6854BushyOldGrower.png

November 2005

-gp

Latest posts

Latest posts