What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BOG Interest.VOTE your input

Grandpa L

There is always great interest in BOG's genetic. The man was/is a master at selecting worthy parental stock. Your efforts will be rewarded in good karma. Peace, Grandpa L

DemonsITN

I'm very interested in BOG genetics. I was a huge lurker on OG back in the day, and I loved reading BOG's threads. I plan on growing in a year or two, and I would like to try some of BOG's stuff first if it's still around.

Anyways, I was going to start a new thread on this, but I guess I'll just stick it here:

Are the BOG seeds from BC Bud Depot legit? I ask because I thought that for the most part BOG's genetics were unavailable, and yet BC Bud Depot claims to sell Bogglegum, Bogbubble, Sourbubble, Lifesaver, LSD, etc. I looked through their forums, and the people who have bought the seeds say they're legit. I've learned that they seem to have horrible customer service, and seeds may take months to arrive, but the seeds themselves seem legit from what I can tell.

T

tex1969

Southwind, you don't even have to ask that question. Post them up and they will be gone in no time. I would love to get packs of bmr and bogbubble.

vindiesel

Veteran
fuck yeah there's interest...i know i am!!!
i'm about to start next grow with gifted bogglegums! i would love to grow lifesaver, sour bubble and blue moon rocks...really any bog strain...

southwind

bc

bc

Hello

As far as I know, and from all I have seen, BOG does not make seeds any longer, he gives no seeds to BC , or to any other seed selling operaton, he DOES NOT MAKE SEEDS OR SELL THEM.

So I , myself, will NOT use ANY seeds from BC. I am not willing to compromise this project on 'might be' BOG's.

Thats all I know.

sw

DemonsITN said:
I'm very interested in BOG genetics. I was a huge lurker on OG back in the day, and I loved reading BOG's threads. I plan on growing in a year or two, and I would like to try some of BOG's stuff first if it's still around.

Anyways, I was going to start a new thread on this, but I guess I'll just stick it here:

Are the BOG seeds from BC Bud Depot legit? I ask because I thought that for the most part BOG's genetics were unavailable, and yet BC Bud Depot claims to sell Bogglegum, Bogbubble, Sourbubble, Lifesaver, LSD, etc. I looked through their forums, and the people who have bought the seeds say they're legit. I've learned that they seem to have horrible customer service, and seeds may take months to arrive, but the seeds themselves seem legit from what I can tell.

G

grapepunched

For one, I think freebies are a great idea, as making money on BOGs gear would surely bring some questionable aspects in to address... So I don't think that would ever be a good idea...

-gp

Last edited:

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
there will ALWAYS be an interest for these genes. grapepunched brings up a valid point. shit, id be happy just to see him back on the boards!!!!!!

G

grapepunched

subrob, stop by my BOGs Well Wishes thread...
I just wanna see him back on the boards as well,,,

-gp

mdanzig

ICMag Donor
Veteran
sunnyside said:
The art of selection is as important as the gene pool that you start with. Good luck.

A lot of BOG's success can be attributed to his 'eye' for selection in addition to his mother stock. There is no reason why someone can't come up with fantastic crosses and new breeds of their own...with whatever parent stock they choose. A BOG revisit performed by anyone other than BOG will be good...just not the same.

If you know what you are doing and you start with good parent stock (not just good beans), and you have an eye for finding the good boys to play with...you can have success.

BOG's work was based off of work someone else had done previously. His Bogbubble was just a reworked white label bubblegum. His bogglegum was his bogbubble crossed with a NL5, I think... His Lifesaver was jacks cleaner/blueberry with the reworked white label bubblegum. There is nothing in any of his parent stock that anyone one of you couldn't replicate with today's genetics....but remember the key isn't just parent stock, most importantly is the art of selection.
Excellent post. Everybody gets their genetics from someone else. I think it shows the utmost respect when you give credit to the original breeder.

Taproot

Bogs lifesavers were the last beans I ordered before I had to quit growing a few years back.I can remember how helpful he was in selecting my purchase.I think I still have a pm from Bog.it,s good that someone is still trying to keep his beans goin.Taproot

supahdupah

yeah!
bog was a great breeder his genes deserves to bee around in the community.. i would love to grow out some blue moon rocks :D

T

tex1969

Nice looking plants, I love the sourbubble, the best indica I have tried yet!

DemonsITN

southwind said:
Hello

As far as I know, and from all I have seen, BOG does not make seeds any longer, he gives no seeds to BC , or to any other seed selling operaton, he DOES NOT MAKE SEEDS OR SELL THEM.

So I , myself, will NOT use ANY seeds from BC. I am not willing to compromise this project on 'might be' BOG's.

Thats all I know.

sw
So they are fraudulent then?

Perhaps they kept clones and made new seeds? It seems to me like it would be too obvious to the community if they went claiming to sell BOG's genetics when in reality a blatant lie. People who have received the seeds seem happy, but like you said, I would be skeptical since they were not from BOG himself.

OG bub

~Cannabis-Resinous~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
southwind said:
I am looking to see how high the current interest in BOG genetics is.

I want to continue the project but would like a more accurate picture of how much interest there ACTUALLY is.

High my friend! been a while!

untill now, I can honestly say youve never asked a stupid question ;)

yer work bro, is respected, and sought.. I commend you for it, and have recommended you more times than once in the many threads seeking BOG's gear.

SteelSavage, director of GrindHouse, has been workin SourBubble for a bit. yall should yak some time.!

be easy bro, n keep doin what you do!

Peace, bub.

Latest posts

Latest posts