What's new

bobblepods v2.0. bobbleracks revamped.

headees

Yea I definitely couldnt leave the garden for more than a couple days. Have to constantly check for drip stake failures. Still better than hand watering the whole room.

New system sounds good. DHF was telling me about a system similar to this. Its more clear now that I actually see some pics.
I will taking notes. :)

yeah bro I'm sorry you're using my old design... lol... like you said it works, but a few spots are trouble... And I had a few plants die b/c of it. I would tighten up the feed on the plants getting too much, but then they would get clogged and not water the plant at all.

I ordered basket stakes for the new system, so the water comes out of the 1/4" drip line and sprays everywhere, with pressure controlled at the valves. It can't get clogged. You could re-use the adjustable drip stakes if you wanted, just unscrew the cap or keep it loose, but the basket stakes are cheap. $0.39 each.

I recommend 2 pumps just b/c of the possibility of pump failure... if one doesn't kick on, the other hopefully will and at least some if not all your plants will still get water. Also pumping water into the top and bottom of the manifold to equalize pressure... I think that was part of it.

bobblehead

Veteran
I only HOPE that is a different pheno of C99 lol....puhhlease!

And wtf is PTB's Reclining Buddha? It sounds very spiritual?

A friend gave me his keeper cut of Reclining Buddha... I forget the seed vendor. I'm sure someone will be able to chime in.

Yea I definitely couldnt leave the garden for more than a couple days. Have to constantly check for drip stake failures. Still better than hand watering the whole room.

New system sounds good. DHF was telling me about a system similar to this. Its more clear now that I actually see some pics.
I will taking notes. :)

Well I'm happy I can make the new system easier for you to understand. The good thing is that the parts are cheap. :D

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Yeah! Lets get this show on the road again, another multi strain grow :biglaugh: your just like me! When ya gonna grow mono bobble? Your doing so good in there with multi strain grows, I can't wait to see how you do with a dialled mono strain. +K

bobblehead

Veteran
So today I made an air-filter-humidification intake box.
picture.php

Air Filter gets attached to the big hole with tape.
picture.php

My Aprilaire 500 whole house humidifier
picture.php

picture.php

And installed...
picture.php

I found that the humidity controller that came with my humidifier was crap. 1- it came with a digital controller that has a blue back-light, so i can't keep it in the room. 2- It's only supposed to increase the humidity up to 45% RH... I guess you wouldn't normally want you're house at 70% RH. So what did I do? Well I have a Dayton digital Humidistat, that will go from 0-99%RH, and it only costs $55. I just plugged the 24v power converter into the Dayton Humidistat... and tossed the stock humidistat. The humidifier can be gravity fed or hooked up to a water line.

Anyway, I hope that helps solve anyone's humidification issues with a larger room. :)

bobblehead

Veteran
Yeah! Lets get this show on the road again, another multi strain grow :biglaugh: your just like me! When ya gonna grow mono bobble? Your doing so good in there with multi strain grows, I can't wait to see how you do with a dialled mono strain. +K

LMAO... tell me about it bro...

It's just a clone problem... and I have lots of them rooting... The other pod is prepped and ready. I'll be setting it up in about 2 weeks hopefully.

I have custom pots on the way. :blowbubbles:

bobblehead

Veteran
oh! Speaking of my custom pots... They're HERE!!!

So SRGB made me a custom SRBGB, called the Custom No. 1... But I think we'll call them the SRBGB bobblebag. :D They are only $5 and some change...
picture.php

So the elongated pot gives me the benefit of the pot drying out faster than a traditional round 3 gal fabric pot... and using 1 pot instead of 2-3 creates a greater margin of safety should something happen with the watering. There's also all of the other benefits of a SRBGB... like quality construction! Do you see those ties sewn in to keep the pot from spilling out? I was going to ask for such a feature, but I figured I'd wait and see what SRGB came up with. Needless to say my bobblebag is well above my expectations, and I think SRGB is going to be my exclusive supplier of pots.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
oh! Speaking of my custom pots... They're HERE!!!

So SRGB made me a custom SRBGB, called the Custom No. 1... But I think we'll call them the SRBGB bobblebag. :D They are only $5 and some change...

You should try to cut a marketing deal with them. I'm sure some of your disciples will start calling asking for the SRBGB BobbleBag and you should get a free bag for every 4 they sell to someone else, or something like that.

picture.php

So the elongated pot gives me the benefit of the pot drying out faster than a traditional round 3 gal fabric pot... and using 1 pot instead of 2-3 creates a greater margin of safety should something happen with the watering. There's also all of the other benefits of a SRBGB... like quality construction! Do you see those ties sewn in to keep the pot from spilling out?
Two things:

1. I'm a little high and I'm a bit confused about how you're going to use these new bags. Will the pot sit in one end with the other end running out the back of the pod? Or will there be multiple plants sitting next to each other in it? Or will it be mounted vertically with one plant per bag?

More 'splaining, please.

2. I wonder if SRBGB could make me some mini-treepot sized "anti-bags"? {There's an australian company selling "rocket pots" which are basically plastic airpots that are rectangular instead of cylindrical. I'd buy 'em, but I can't get 'em to ship to the US.)

bobblehead

Veteran
You should try to cut a marketing deal with them. I'm sure some of your disciples will start calling asking for the SRBGB BobbleBag and you should get a free bag for every 4 they sell to someone else, or something like that.

Two things:

1. I'm a little high and I'm a bit confused about how you're going to use these new bags. Will the pot sit in one end with the other end running out the back of the pod? Or will there be multiple plants sitting next to each other in it? Or will it be mounted vertically with one plant per bag?

More 'splaining, please.

2. I wonder if SRBGB could make me some mini-treepot sized "anti-bags"? {There's an australian company selling "rocket pots" which are basically plastic airpots that are rectangular instead of cylindrical. I'd buy 'em, but I can't get 'em to ship to the US.)

Well lets just say that I'm sure if SRGB sees an increase in business b/c of my marketing... I'm confident he/she/they will compensate me appropriately. :D And to help me out with that, if anyone buying from SRGB after seeing my bobblebags would make mention of where you heard about SRBGB's... Well I would appreciate that. I'm not trying to get anything out of SRGB, other than a quality bag... Well, a couple hundred anyway... lol

This is how the bag will be used... as a planter, with planter trays below them. 2 feed lines. As many clones as are needed to fill that space.
picture.php

I'm confident SRGB would design an Anti-bag... just send a PM, link SRGB to your grow thread and where you want to go with your bags.

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Bobble them pots are freaking awesome, I wonder if the guys could make a few 8ft & 4ft'ers, they would be perfect for modified anti stadium that I was telling you about.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
interesting....I'll wait till I see how the actually work before I make up my mind though, you know..."counting your eggs and all that"

Very nice Bobble!

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
The run you do with these pots and the new watering system should really be a home run bro... they're a great planter mate :)

I'm setting up a tent vert with something called aqua trays to hold the pots, they look like this...

GH_Aquatray.jpg

used to use them for horizontal SOG ala gaiusmarius's set up in the coco section and they worked well for that... Can flood the tray and then drain by turning the those L shaped pipes up or down. I'm hand watering so should suit my need well. Those bobblebags :D lmfao btw!! Would have been just the ticket.

bobblehead

Veteran
The run you do with these pots and the new watering system should really be a home run bro... they're a great planter mate :)

I'm setting up a tent vert with something called aqua trays to hold the pots, they look like this...

GH_Aquatray.jpg

used to use them for horizontal SOG ala gaiusmarius's set up in the coco section and they worked well for that... Can flood the tray and then drain by turning the those L shaped pipes up or down. I'm hand watering so should suit my need well. Those bobblebags :D lmfao btw!! Would have been just the ticket.

The shortest "dutch leach tray" I can find is 36"... So I would have to change to a hexagon instead of an octagon... but that would be ok. $16+shipping each...
dutchleach.jpg

My 24" Fiskars planter trays cost $2-2.50 each.
21JfFZNfpIL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

So if I'm unhappy with the $2 trays... please believe I'll upgrade to leach trays. I might just do it anyway. :) Thanks.

bobblehead

Veteran
2 plants per bobblebag?

yes and no... I will put as many as I need. So a sativa leaning strain might only need 2, but say I wanted to do something dumb like grow bubba kush ans still get a decent yield... well then I would just up the plants to 3-4. Now I don''t have to fill up a bunch of small bags... what a pain in the ass...

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
NO it will ALWAYS be reffered to as the "Bobblepods" uhh were at V10 right Bobble?

I am never going to take credit for that great Mad Scientist Bobbleheads excellent design skills, although speaking of mad scientist's idea's, stay tuned you cool cat's...Arminus and I have some exciting stuff we are cooking up......will make Bobbles THC creation look like tinker toys ......muwhahahahahaha!

bobblehead

Veteran
NO it will ALWAYS be reffered to as the "Bobblepods" uhh were at V10 right Bobble?

I am never going to take credit for that great Mad Scientist Bobbleheads excellent design skills, although speaking of mad scientist's idea's, stay tuned you cool cat's...Arminus and I have some exciting stuff we are cooking up......will make Bobbles THC creation look like tinker toys ......muwhahahahahaha!

the V10 was a joke... really it's like 6 or 7... lol... They just keep getting better.

Every grower has their own style, and brings something unique to the table. Krusty would always tell people that they weren't running Krusty buckets exactly how he said. If you didn't follow everything he said, and do it his way, like busting a hole into your basement floor to have a sunken res... You weren't running Krusty buckets.

I didn't create the concept of the racks. I've seen them before. Like DHF always says, "there's nothing new under the sun"... but I sure as hell can take what's old and do my best to improve upon it. That's what makes bobblepods.

I would be flattered to see Megapods, Antipods, Marlopods, Chocpods... etc... I already know Choc is going to do it, it's only a matter of when. Choc is convinced long racks are the way to go. I still have to get it through his head that smaller rooms are better cause they're easier to dial in, and you can run more strains... lol But that's what's going to make his unique from mine. Everyone has their own style.

Latest posts

Latest posts