What's new

bobblepods v2.0. bobbleracks revamped.

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
Bobble, what is the reasoning behind you putting one opening up top and another on the bottom? Is this whole system connected, or two sides? Thanks dude.

aod

bobblehead

Veteran
Bobble, what is the reasoning behind you putting one opening up top and another on the bottom? Is this whole system connected, or two sides? Thanks dude.

aod

Two ends broski, but it's all connected... . I just remember someone telling me that they had 2 pumps, one going to the top and one going to the bottom, with control valves at each level to control pressure... But I was just too inexperienced to wrap my head around it. This system is bulletproof.

G

GMax

the cooling system is dope thanks for the break down K+

...gottta spread rep 1st :)

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
Ok cool. Thanks bro. Time to go cop another 500gph pump from lowes. I have been getting some weird ass leaf curl on some of my plants. I am thinking it might be a little bit of heat stress since they are the ones closest to the bulb. Gonna get pics up into the thread tonight, maybe you can swing by later and check it out. Thanks dude. Keep it green.

aod

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
that setup looks fuckin sick, i like the shutoff valves for each level.. i might have to copy this when i pull my stadium - any thoughts on using 1000's instead of 600's? thats what i would be doing

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Wow Bobble! That's lovely work my man!! Can't wait to see that loaded up, what's that like V3/4 now :p You don't play about

bobblehead

Veteran
that setup looks fuckin sick, i like the shutoff valves for each level.. i might have to copy this when i pull my stadium - any thoughts on using 1000's instead of 600's? thats what i would be doing

Yeah, my thoughts are to make the room 10x10, so that you have an inner diameter of 8x8. You know the rest. ;) :tiphat: But any questions feel free to ask. It has taken some work learning to grow like this. lol Rule#1- don't question Freds on anything. If I would have built this watering system like he told me to, I wouldn't have gone through 2 others, 1 that sucked and another that kinda worked ok.

Wow Bobble! That's lovely work my man!! Can't wait to see that loaded up, what's that like V3/4 now :p You don't play about

lol... V10.... I hear ya, but I won't rest until it's perfect... I want 2.5gpw. Some think I'm nuts... but with every grow, i get closer to my goal. :dance013:

G

greenmatter

sorry bobble , but i don't have any coffee in me yet .... are you saying 8 feet as an inside diameter on a 1000w pod? so 4 feet from bulb to rack/reflectix?

bobblehead

Veteran
sorry bobble , but i don't have any coffee in me yet .... are you saying 8 feet as an inside diameter on a 1000w pod? so 4 feet from bulb to rack/reflectix?

Lol.. It sounds super far huh?

Luckily the base of the plant doesn't need light, so your gonna trim off any growth on that first foot. Then everything in the light zone is 1. Within 3ft of the lamp and growing closer. 2. 100% buds. No roots in the light zone wasting space like a traditional stadium.

headees

Hi Bobble great work on the set up, looks pro.

Are you still using the adjustable drip stakes now that you have the valves? You think you could pull this system off with one large pump, say 1250 gpm or you think having 2 smaller ones is the way to go?

Ive been using your old drip design in my stadium, its working pretty well, but having issues with a few sites. Also bottom row of plants gets a good bit more water than the top, I think this design would take care of that.

bobblehead

Veteran
Hi Bobble great work on the set up, looks pro.

Are you still using the adjustable drip stakes now that you have the valves? You think you could pull this system off with one large pump, say 1250 gpm or you think having 2 smaller ones is the way to go?

Ive been using your old drip design in my stadium, its working pretty well, but having issues with a few sites. Also bottom row of plants gets a good bit more water than the top, I think this design would take care of that.

yeah bro I'm sorry you're using my old design... lol... like you said it works, but a few spots are trouble... And I had a few plants die b/c of it. I would tighten up the feed on the plants getting too much, but then they would get clogged and not water the plant at all.

I ordered basket stakes for the new system, so the water comes out of the 1/4" drip line and sprays everywhere, with pressure controlled at the valves. It can't get clogged. You could re-use the adjustable drip stakes if you wanted, just unscrew the cap or keep it loose, but the basket stakes are cheap. $0.39 each.

I recommend 2 pumps just b/c of the possibility of pump failure... if one doesn't kick on, the other hopefully will and at least some if not all your plants will still get water. Also pumping water into the top and bottom of the manifold to equalize pressure... I think that was part of it.

G

greenmatter

Lol.. It sounds super far huh?

Luckily the base of the plant doesn't need light, so your gonna trim off any growth on that first foot. Then everything in the light zone is 1. Within 3ft of the lamp and growing closer. 2. 100% buds. No roots in the light zone wasting space like a traditional stadium.

it does sound like a stretch ...... heheh

i was actually thinking about moving my screens closer to the bulb and they are two feet off right now, but my set up is not even in the same ball park as yours. i don't think i could fit a pod that big in the room and still walk around it. dam!

bobblehead

Veteran
it does sound like a stretch ...... heheh

i was actually thinking about moving my screens closer to the bulb and they are two feet off right now, but my set up is not even in the same ball park as yours. i don't think i could fit a pod that big in the room and still walk around it. dam!

The face of my racks are 3' from the lamps. I'm not bullshitting you. From what I've observed, most growers try to get their plants as close as possible to the lamps, and by doing so, lose out on yield. You need to get your plants as close as they need to be to the light. 2' away from 1k is perfect, cause more plants can receive that light.

To further explain... you're 3k 10x10 room would ideally have 3' long plants... 1' of bare stem, 2' of budsicle, finishing 1' away from the lamp. You have to lay them down horizontal to fit a bunch of them in there... that's how you smash the GPWs... but you have to have a sweet clone-army... and so far I've been unsuccessful at that. It's ok though, cause I've got this. :smokey:

G

greenmatter

never thought you were bullshitting about anything bobble. the screens stay at two feet

bobblehead

Veteran
Everything is green again... so it's time to get something flowering again! :D Hopefully no more derailment... just rooms full of buds from here on out.

This is a multi-strain grow, featuring USD, Straw DD, Reddy1's Menage-A-Trois, Grape Skunk, Chem4D, CLS C99x, Sour Amnesia, and PTB's Reclining Buddha. Put your welding shades on.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I only HOPE that is a different pheno of C99 lol....puhhlease!

And wtf is PTB's Reclining Buddha? It sounds very spiritual?

Latest posts

Latest posts