What's new

bobblepods v2.0. bobbleracks revamped.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
I see a motorized security webcam, mounted directly above the grow, with the ability to rotate, pan and zoom in your future. :) (Then you can take pics without having to get in there at all.) You can get a "fancy" one for about $75.

Looking good, Bobble.

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Anti that would be great but I couldn't do it because my grow hasn't got internet. I wonder if you could hook one of them cameras up to mobile internet with a motion sensor?

bobblehead

Veteran
Awesome !

:thank you:

I see a motorized security webcam, mounted directly above the grow, with the ability to rotate, pan and zoom in your future. :) (Then you can take pics without having to get in there at all.) You can get a "fancy" one for about $75.

Looking good, Bobble.

probably not to be perfectly honest with you... Putting the illegal grow on a live feed imo is a big security risk, secured connection or not. There are hackers out there that can break into the NSA... I don't have any doubts that LEO could hack a webcam...

Thanks for the idea though. ;)

Once I strip out the fan leaves, it won't be AS difficult... Eventually I'm going to be taking the bobblepods offline. I'm learning and designing the setup right now. I'm pretty sure I have it figured out now though, so all that's left is to replicate and repeat. I feel comfortable leaving this system alone for a 1+ weeks. The only thing holding me back is pH swings, and that could be fixed with a timed rez refill... or even a float valve with a more acidic refill rez.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
:thank you:
probably not to be perfectly honest with you... Putting the illegal grow on a live feed imo is a big security risk, secured connection or not. There are hackers out there that can break into the NSA... I don't have any doubts that LEO could hack a webcam...

Webcams are just cameras that are made to be easily attached to a PC (usually by a USB cable, though you can get the wireless kind.) The beauty of this is that you DON'T have to leave them plugged into the PC all the time. I'm merely suggesting a way that you could mount a camera above the grow, plug it into your computer whenever you feel like taking some pictures, and then unplug it when you're done. Your PC does not need to be (and probably shouldn't be) connected to the internet while you take these pictures.

The zoom, tilt, pan, etc. would just make it easier for you to get shots of different sections of the grow without having to move your pods around.

If I saw ANY of my IC-homies discussing setting up a real-time, 24-7 webcam show on the internet I'd be the first to try to dissuade them from doing so.

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
I see some hydro website selling SMS alarms and alarms that call you if anyone enters, too much IMO. Although for the paranoid mind it could be a lifesaver :)

bobblehead

Veteran
I could do an SMS alarm... Cause if it's at a secret location, and someone other than me is there... oh boy...

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Here's what I found...

3.SMS Alarm(Handy Growing Products)£357.44

4.SMS Alarm Water Detector(Handy Growing Products)£61.22

5.SMS Alarm Smoke Detector(Handy Growing Products)£61.22

6.SMS Alarm Door Contact(Handy Growing Products)£16.28

7.SMS Motion Detector(Handy Growing Products)£61.22

C

csedge

fuggin a musclehead! opps i mean bobblehead! :) lol thanks 4 everytbing dude i owe u big time!

D

DHF

That setup`s easily dialed for weekly maintenance "set it and forget it" , once all issues are worked out.......

I used R/O topoffs to the DTW rez`s to dilute the feedtanks as they dropped in volume and it kept ph leveled out as it rose from 5.5-6 ish to 6.2 ish during each 7 day period before I got back to each location for swapouts and fresh juice......

Simple.......Babyshit.....bout an hr in each room including daisy chained rez`s........

Once hoonin , yas can run 4 locations with 8 rooms in 1-8 hr day on saturday as I did for many yrs....Heath`s the one that showed me bout flip rooms that don`t cause powerspikes every 12 hrs , cuz as lights go off the others come on for flyin under the radar with minimum power draw for optimum returns while hidin from LEO......

You know how I feel about remote locations......pitbulls and a security system that dials your cell instead of programming it ta call 911 ......

That way if God forbid yas have a security breach you`re the first 1 on the scene and yas got time ta clean shit up or whatever before callin popo for a theft and homeowners insurance claim instead of reacting to criminal charges from an illegal grow op if Popo gets involved too soon....ya know ?.........

Good luck Bro....You know what ta do....

Handle it......Freds.....:ying:......

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
DHF - 4 locations with 8 rooms is good going, how many KW did you run each room? Yeah if I was doing that I'd defo be flipping. One day I'll get off the damn grid.

Nitelife

Wow the full room shots are freekin full of nuttin but green,Bob..Looks like they are totally dialed in,no signs of any distress what so ever...Nice man!...
As i cought up on your thred i seen you trim fan leaves while in flower cycle..I just flipped a week ago and being a noob didn't know if it was ok to keep trimming shit up.Besides letting light thru the canopy, will doing so slow down the flower cycle or cause any ill effects?Or is it a good thing to keep up on trimming?
Cuz i didn't know LOL my tent is unwalkable now from all the growth....And i really wanna go nutz with the trim and clean them up.Can ya give me some input on this Bobble?
Thanks Man.
Nite.

bobblehead

Veteran
Wow the full room shots are freekin full of nuttin but green,Bob..Looks like they are totally dialed in,no signs of any distress what so ever...Nice man!...
As i cought up on your thred i seen you trim fan leaves while in flower cycle..I just flipped a week ago and being a noob didn't know if it was ok to keep trimming shit up.Besides letting light thru the canopy, will doing so slow down the flower cycle or cause any ill effects?Or is it a good thing to keep up on trimming?
Cuz i didn't know LOL my tent is unwalkable now from all the growth....And i really wanna go nutz with the trim and clean them up.Can ya give me some input on this Bobble?
Thanks Man.
Nite.

Does this answer your question?

ok dewds... I'm gonna break this down, and if I miss something, I know Freds will fill in the blanks.

What you're looking at, the plant, all the green stuff... Has nothing to do with what's happening on the surface, it's all about what's happening down below. The roots. All the great growers know this. You're not growing the plant, you're growing the roots!

It's ok to hack away at your plants... b/c the root mass is still there. Leaves are directly related to roots. Roots draw up the fertilizer and water, and it gets sent to the leaves to be converted to sugar, and then it gets sent back to the roots for storage. Roots and leaves are directly related.

Anyway, Freds was telling me that when you cut a plant, you stunt it... etc... go back and read his post.

This means that you can shape your plant to fit in it's space, and it's going to grow big fat juicy buds b/c it has the root-mass of a larger plant.

Fan leaves can be removed after the stretch, b/c their work is over. They have 4 weeks to build up their carbohydrates in the roots, and then the buds are going to start swelling and drawing on the reserves... You keep feeding the plant, but not too heavy... and by the end of flower, it will have used up all of it's stored carbs, and you won't have to flush anything. No need for a Kool Bloom slam. If you treat your plant right during stretch, it'll be ready for bloom.

Seriously guys, it's all in the books. You just have to interpret the info.

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
I was just gonna ask if you were gonna trim up some of those fans as some look like they're shading budsites. Cheers for that post bobble.

Looking good btw mate very healthy and growth rate seems spot on.

bobblehead

Veteran
That setup`s easily dialed for weekly maintenance "set it and forget it" , once all issues are worked out.......

I used R/O topoffs to the DTW rez`s to dilute the feedtanks as they dropped in volume and it kept ph leveled out as it rose from 5.5-6 ish to 6.2 ish during each 7 day period before I got back to each location for swapouts and fresh juice......

Simple.......Babyshit.....bout an hr in each room including daisy chained rez`s........

Once hoonin , yas can run 4 locations with 8 rooms in 1-8 hr day on saturday as I did for many yrs....Heath`s the one that showed me bout flip rooms that don`t cause powerspikes every 12 hrs , cuz as lights go off the others come on for flyin under the radar with minimum power draw for optimum returns while hidin from LEO......

You know how I feel about remote locations......pitbulls and a security system that dials your cell instead of programming it ta call 911 ......

That way if God forbid yas have a security breach you`re the first 1 on the scene and yas got time ta clean shit up or whatever before callin popo for a theft and homeowners insurance claim instead of reacting to criminal charges from an illegal grow op if Popo gets involved too soon....ya know ?.........

Good luck Bro....You know what ta do....

Handle it......Freds.....:ying:......

I've been giving some thought to the housing situation... and I've pretty much decided to buy houses far away from Detroit. Housing in northern Michigan is much more affordable, and there is a lot less crime to be concerned with. If I only need to be there once a week, there's no reason I can't drive a few hours to do it... If costs and security are improved... Not to mention to cooler temps.

I have a harvest coming up in the next few weeks... I see a house in my very near future.

It's funny bro... having to play dumb... I went to a wedding and saw some of my friends from college. They knew I had messed around with growing back in the day... an were telling me I should get into it. lol... Or driving through the hood (visiting family, not for fun)... I see the young punks driving around in their brand new Cadillac sitting on 20" rims... dealing their rocks and dimebags on the street... I'm driving my used Ranger and I have a few g's and a lb of AAA buds sitting next to me... and medical id's to transport/distribute anxiety free.

D

DHF

He who hid well , lived well......Rule # 1 in my book for many yrs.....

Stole that from a respected member , but describes me to a T....and.....

Many should follow suit...

Peace.....Freds....:ying:.....

turbolaser4528

Veteran
Well said guys, lets get to growing, yeeeehaaaww!!!

Bobble, must be nice to have a med card. haha :) soon enough, soon enough..

Are there any girls to be had in Michigan? Or ya gotta bring wifey for the ride? (grand rapids for example)

bobblehead

Veteran
Well said guys, lets get to growing, yeeeehaaaww!!!

Bobble, must be nice to have a med card. haha :) soon enough, soon enough..

Are there any girls to be had in Michigan? Or ya gotta bring wifey for the ride? (grand rapids for example)

The medical id is great... cause I get to walk into the cardholder only pot stores and "donate" my product for cash. No more street deals for me. The police can't touch me either, unless they catch me breaking the rules.

Of course there's a few females running around here... Detroit was ranked like 3rd fattest city in the country... so you just have to avoid the land-whales, unless you like their personality. ;)

Grand Rapids is my favorite city in the state... :D and you have a lot more suburban white folk up there. That's where I would direct people to live that want city life but don't want to be in Detroit...

swim has a wife? bobble always thought swim was younger than him, and bobble likes to keep his options open.. ha ha...