What's new

bobblehead v5.0 1800w flip pods. Time to get serious.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am VERY interested buddy in Bobblpod rev 2.0 that can handle 36 more plants......also Gro-bro and I just decided to go to all #2's smarties.....same idea higher plant count = higher yield. But we might have to water more often correct?

D

DHF

Hadta say this once more for the record.......Plant #s dictate yield...

Bobble.Do what`s necessary for your world as far as production needs per strain requirements..."monocroppped"....

Adjusted my shit accordingly per Heathie`s instructions for many yrs till dialed results happened with automated setups that ran themselves for at least a week at a time and then some if needed per redundancy ..

10 lbs from 1800 watts ???.....Already said it was in front of yas ta do with extra plants on the floor and elsewhere up the walls with established sideways canopy management ....

Looks like you`re seein the light bout more plants touchin each other above and below while none are competing for light or environment while packin em in like cordwood ...Handle it......

100 might do it......Let`s see....God knows you`ll be honest on the results....already seen proof with issues on your integrity shinin through with X factors and telling all bout your shortcomings and giving folks "real time" grow`s for the good and bad of it regardless of the outcome....

Respect....Freds....:ying:.....

bobblehead

Veteran
I am VERY interested buddy in Bobblpod rev 2.0 that can handle 36 more plants......also Gro-bro and I just decided to go to all #2's smarties.....same idea higher plant count = higher yield. But we might have to water more often correct?

Mega- I wouldn't switch over 100% unless you get your feed automated. LL feeds his plants by hand every day. I'm just saying, what are you gonna do when something comes up and gro-bro can't make it to water the plants, and you're in late flower and the plants are suckin juice like there's no tomorrow... and you miss a watering, and lose 1/2 your crop...

Something could always go wrong with the timer, etc... but humans are more likely to err than machines. The machines just need attention from time to time.

But yeah, I'm switching to #2 SP's, b/c they will dry faster, and can be watered again sooner, for an increased yield... as well as the increased numbers.

Like DHF said, it's all coming together... I'm looking at being able to fit 96 #2's... The other 4 might be able to sit on the floor... lol... maybe.

kmart

hey bobble, Im sure it says in your thread somewhere, but are those top and bottom bulbs metal halides or are they the blue spectrum bulbs? I can't tell lol

bobblehead

Veteran
Hadta say this once more for the record.......Plant #s dictate yield...

Bobble.Do what`s necessary for your world as far as production needs per strain requirements..."monocroppped"....

Adjusted my shit accordingly per Heathie`s instructions for many yrs till dialed results happened with automated setups that ran themselves for at least a week at a time and then some if needed per redundancy ..

10 lbs from 1800 watts ???.....Already said it was in front of yas ta do with extra plants on the floor and elsewhere up the walls with established sideways canopy management ....

Looks like you`re seein the light bout more plants touchin each other above and below while none are competing for light or environment while packin em in like cordwood ...Handle it......

100 might do it......Let`s see....God knows you`ll be honest on the results....already seen proof with issues on your integrity shinin through with X factors and telling all bout your shortcomings and giving folks "real time" grow`s for the good and bad of it regardless of the outcome....

Respect....Freds....:ying:.....

The experience of actually DOING makes all the difference Freds. Seeing what you were helping me create come together, from scratch... Knowing everything that goes into it.... Now I can manipulate it.

My past failures/success are irrelevant. All that matters now is what I took from them, and what I"m gonna do next. It's time for someone else to come along and pull 2gpw+... And I'm gonna show everyone how to do it.

See ya on the beach...

bobblehead

Veteran
hey bobble, Im sure it says in your thread somewhere, but are those top and bottom bulbs metal halides or are they the blue spectrum bulbs? I can't tell lol

All HPS... These are production rooms, I don't really give 2 shits about the extra UV light and supposed increased potency from MH. I had bought 2 digilux HPS to try them out, that's why they look different from the USHIO in the middle.

DIGILUX uses a bigger jacket... maybe it holds more gas, idk? but why don't we use cool tubes? b/c the extra glass robs you of light... So I'll stick to USHIO lamps for now. Smaller jacket... and no problems in over a year of running their lamps. I try to relamp every grow, every-other tops.

There's a noticeable difference when you put in a fresh lamp even after 2 months... Those digital ballasts drive those lamps hard.

kmart

Thanks bobble,

I just had a good deal come up but the guy has 10 mh only ballasts and 2 sodiums... I was gonna try 2 mh and 1 sodium together for flower, but I'm thinking about just bagging that idea and doing it right the first time...

L

laylow

MH in the VEG tent FTW.... metal halide bulbs create shorter internode spacings... :D

hows things coming along bob? :)

bobblehead

Veteran
well, since you asked...

I don't have enough Strawberry DD for a 96 plant monocrop... But I have ultimate strawberry diesels to fill in the spaces. I have moms vegging so that in the future I can take 200+ cuts and monocrop every time.
picture.php

bobblehead

Veteran
I've been busy doing improvements. I bought 3 55gal drums to store water. 1 for each pod, and 1 for RO. I should have picked one up for the veg tent too... but I'll make do. Now I can leave for a week and not worry about mixing up more nutes...

So on with the show...

I'm 3 weeks in flower...
Ganesh Ultimate Strawberry Diesel
picture.php

Strawberry DD
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Hortilab Sour Amnesia
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The middle plant is Sour Bubble x SSSDH... unless someone has seen SB grow like that.
picture.php

ChemD- this plant is a BEAST!
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That Chemical D...it interest's me.....I may still go with the #2's still Bobble because I already bought them :).....I hear you on the watering issue but I am planning on Blumats and a larger Rez , pump to pump UP to a smaller Rez near ceiling to feed Blumats.....still a worn in progress, congrats on your 50's.....you know I am monitoring what you do with great interest!........but plz don't get mad if I try and beat you to 2gpw.....lol!

bobblehead

Veteran
100 #2 "prune-pots" came today... Things are falling into place. I think I'll be rebuilding the racks on Monday, finish up on Tuesday... Get everything loaded up right away and let it rip!

I'm getting everything cleaned up, improvements getting finished... And then maybe... A fresh thread for a fresh grow? I think so.

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
keep rocking it bobble! like you said, past doesnt mean a thing, only what you do in the future. ill be watching, and asking questions when the time comes. keep it green homey.

aod

bobblehead

Veteran
I think I'm switching to these flag drippers... but they're not pressure compensating... so I don't know that they'll work on multiple levels...
1280-5.jpg

If they clog, the top comes off to be cleaned. 100 micro inline shut-off valves are a lot of work to dial in...

Or I can get these adjustable flow drip stakes...
1272481933.jpg
1272482720.jpg

EDIT: adjustable flow drip stakes were my final decision. The micro inline shut-off valves cost me $0.59 each, plus a $0.20 stake... I got these for $0.60 each. No need to worry about uneven flow from pressure... I just have to adjust each one accordingly... My babies need the attention anyway.

Last edited:
L

laylow

i was looking at the second one over here they look quite good iirc they can flow 40L per hour... not that you would want that much flow but still they dont look like they will clog that easy.. go for it look forward to your updated drip system as if the blumats dont work tou they are what i will be running... thats providing you dont like them for some reason :D