What's new

bobblehead v5.0 1800w flip pods. Time to get serious.

well, I suppose the plants could grow faster under more light... but from what I've seen, they grow fast enough. All those larger plants pictured in the new pod were pulled out of my veg tent, and they've only been in there a couple months...

DHF told me to veg with t5's... but I already had a digital switchable 400w ballast laying around, and it was only another $200 for the hoods... The DPDT relay I also had already... And there's research that indicates the plant only benefits from direct light for so many hours. So I decided to do my own thing, and see what happens...

Now I'm no master when it comes to vegging plants... I've been killing seedling and cuts left and right lately... So if I should be using more light, don't be scurred to say so... but so far, I'm not complaining. It's more about providing the right environment.

I have the best luck rooting clones using indirect light. They focus on building roots instead of being busy with photosynthesis since the leaves are not well lit. My aerocloner chills on the floor next to a veg ebb and flow table that is lit with a 400mh. Once you figure inverse squared they really get minimal light. Half of it is actually shadowed by the table.

It blows me away that your veg plants come out of there as dense as they do at 6w per square foot. It's too cool. I plan on vegging 2 girls all fall, winter, and spring to put outside in the back yard next summer. They should be monsters. After seeing what your doing I'm going to try doing it on real low wattage, indirect light from my mom table on one side of them and some t5s on the other side or above them. Maybe even run the t5s less than 18 hours a day.

:dance013:

L

laylow

IMO as long as your conditions are bang on the more light you give your plants the better....

obviously not at the kick off but once they are of an age that can handle it i would blast there ass with 100w psft again only if i could have my conditions bang on...

typically i pot cuttings up and veg them under T5's untill i can move them into a better space environment but as soon as i can get them under a 600w M/H the better watch them bitches grow Big green luscious leafs... unfortunately in the real world evertings a rush and this barely happens how i want it to....

in an ideal world i would veg under a 300w plasma light kick them into flower and the start of week 2 of flower change the light for a 400V converted to a 240V 1150w HPS Gavita....

whodare

Veteran
sup Bob,

look at it this way, if you can grow your plants to 12 inches with 50 wpsf by the time you grow 6 inch plants with, 10 wpsf would you...

more watts equals more photosynthesis, to a point of course, youll be able to feed more cause they'll eat more too...

i noticed an immediate difference in growth when i went from a 200 watt cfl to a 1k mh, the plants just exploded...

so if your running a set veg time itll do nothing but increase your yeild... better to have to trim them back than have a bunch of empty spots..

bobblehead

Veteran
Thanks for the input everyone. After consulting with a few growers more experienced than myself, I'm going to up the wattage in my veg tent. I think a 600w ballast should be enough... when the plants are too big (not gonna happen lol), I can plug the smaller ballast back in.

Thanks again...

Thanks for the input everyone. After consulting with a few growers more experienced than myself, I'm going to up the wattage in my veg tent. I think a 600w ballast should be enough... when the plants are too big (not gonna happen lol), I can plug the smaller ballast back in.

Thanks again...

Ramping it up to 14w per sq foot... Keep us updated on what you think of it.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok so I veg under 2 ...4ft-T5's.....should I upgrade my veg tent to a 400 watt MH?

D

DHF

With beans , Heathie taught me long ago that once the lil round leaves fell off ta blast their ass with as much light as they could stand for the sq ftg...and cuts.......once fully rooted never let up on em......

As in my favorite shit says......adapt or perish....only the strong survive , and there better be enough back up stock to cover the fuckups...

Good luck Bro....Freds....:ying:,,,,,

D

DHF

Jgrow...bein a carpenter and tightass as well , I built cabinets from floor to ceiling with bonsai moms and cuts rooting on 2 levels and pre-veggers on 2 more levels with 432 watt 8 light T-5`s with inside dimensions a lil over 2' x 4' and the whole inside covered in reflectix with 6" vortex`s as active intakes and exhausts to get rid of most of the heat and keep an ongoing supply of fresh air pumped in and stale shit sucked out......

Worked well cuz lil 2 light fluorescents in the top provided low light for the cuts , and the heat rising helped keep cuts rooting at increased rates ftw....mom`s kinda sorta were phased out after a few yrs cuz I was producing enough cuts off cuts to feed the beast......

Chem D`s the only mom I kept after goin 100% coco cuz the bitch wont root fer shit , and took for fuking ever to get where they could be raped/trimmed/pruned out , and ready for the flip rooms.....

I ran 128 plants total in both flip rooms , and rooted at least 128 cuts as needed on 2 levels so the 64 picks of the litter could be put right into the rooms when ready for each rotation , and the rest to the compost piles....Only the strong survive....and cuts never root the same or grow the same...ever....thus why rootin bunches ta get the cream for the production rooms.....

50 watts per sq ft`s been my sweet spot for many yrs...in every setup I ran.....Been shutdown and retired for couple yrs Jgrow....just consulting these days here and several invite only sites with my bored ass , and not doin so much of that lately with new lil gf fukin with me constantly....

Good luck Bobble`s...I gotcher back Bro....Holler if yas need anything.....anything......

Peace.....Freds....:ying:.....

bobblehead

Veteran
Well I'm happy to put this run under my belt and move on... I cut it all down today after 8 weeks. Enjoy.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Purple Skunk- it's purple up close... but not as dark as it could have been...
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Sour Diesel S1
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Grape Kush
picture.php

picture.php

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
mmmmmm good.........That Sour Diesel looks sweet also.

Is Grape Kush and Grape Skunk the same strain? ( I am guessing no)..Great job Bobble but ........you don't sound like your happy with this run or am I just mis-reading things?

If I am being to personal just tell me to STFU...heh.

bobblehead

Veteran
Every harvest is a successful harvest... but yes, I'm dissatisfied. I expect more of myself... but, it's okay.

I'm gonna make some tweaks... and come back even better. :D I'm thinking 1200w in the veg tent would be a good starting point... I have new lamps on the way.

My pond fogger died.. after 3 months. So I might need to buy a whole house humidifier as a replacement for durability purposes...

I'm a little stressed out with school... Not going into that though...

On a good note, I'll be buying a truck soon...

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
OK bro, if their is anything I can do..just let me know. Trust me I know how stressful school and life in general can be.

I KNOW your going to be successful Bobble, your just too smart NOT to be.

EDIT - I JUST saw the little tag line about getting the truck WOOT yes..I am saving for one myself, to haul my G/F's horse w/o borrowing the mother in laws, so I can do dump runs, go the hydro whore store and have plenty of room for CoCo and FFOF lol....what kind of truck, I guess it will have to be a Ford or Chevy or Dodge since your in Michigan......lol!

hi bobble, me again.
nice effort, did not fill in, but it was your first time, and you have a great looking strain there. Overall you did a lovely job.

perhaps higher numbers, single cola.

C

Chris1

Good stuff bobble. All your flavors super tasty my dude. You'll get that locked in and smash it retarded hard

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
looks like some tasty buds there Bobble,

veg them bigger next time? never hurts right..

i did very well with a light mover for my veg space, helps keep the KW down especially cuz i was using a 1000w MH ina 6x10 space haha

BTW i am copying your/DHF's setup for my next run i think.... using 1000's instead of 600's though, any advice? looks simple enough except for the drip system, that should be fun haha

bobblehead

Veteran
OK bro, if their is anything I can do..just let me know. Trust me I know how stressful school and life in general can be.

I KNOW your going to be successful Bobble, your just too smart NOT to be.

EDIT - I JUST saw the little tag line about getting the truck WOOT yes..I am saving for one myself, to haul my G/F's horse w/o borrowing the mother in laws, so I can do dump runs, go the hydro whore store and have plenty of room for CoCo and FFOF lol....what kind of truck, I guess it will have to be a Ford or Chevy or Dodge since your in Michigan......lol!

Thanks for the encouragement... I'm gonna razzle dazzle you guys this time, there's just a few kinks to work out...

I'm leaning toward a Ford Ranger... There's a LOT of them available, so the price is the most competitive, and the replacement parts are inexpensive and easy to obtain. I was looking at full size trucks, but the 12/15mpg fuel economy doesn't really appeal to me. I didn't have a 6lb run, so I can't exactly afford a work truck and a daily driver 4-banger just yet... but yeah, I need something where I can throw in lots of coco brick, and big bags of perlite... and not worry about having to vacuum up all the perlite when the bag rips... DOH!

hi bobble, me again.
nice effort, did not fill in, but it was your first time, and you have a great looking strain there. Overall you did a lovely job.

perhaps higher numbers, single cola.

Thanks. The plants just need more/better veg time. I had root aphids when this grow started, so the plants never got off on the right foot.

That grape kush looks delicious!

Thanks, and thanks again for bringing my veg lighting to my attention... nobody else ever brought it to my attention. 250w stretched out was obviously working, but 1200w steady is gonna be a night/day difference.

Good stuff bobble. All your flavors super tasty my dude. You'll get that locked in and smash it retarded hard

Thanks Chris1. :) I'm gonna have to make up for this run by smashing 6lbs and pull down 8lbs on the next run.... Watch me make it happen.

looks like some tasty buds there Bobble,

veg them bigger next time? never hurts right..

i did very well with a light mover for my veg space, helps keep the KW down especially cuz i was using a 1000w MH ina 6x10 space haha

BTW i am copying your/DHF's setup for my next run i think.... using 1000's instead of 600's though, any advice? looks simple enough except for the drip system, that should be fun haha

Yeah, the plants needed more veg time... b/c I had a root aphid infestation that I wasn't aware of till it was too late.

Congrats on the light mover working out as planned. :jump: I love it when a plan comes together...

A 3k vertical stack? damn son... You're going to need a 8x8 inner diameter around the stack... and as far as the water goes... I'm changing what I did. I'm going to pump it up to a ring running around the ceiling, and have 1/4" tubing coming down to each rack, with splits for each pot. The 1/2" tubing worked... but the bottom plants always get more water when the pumps kick off and gravity starts pulling all the water down... I'm looking to fix that.

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bobble....funny you mentioned the Ford Ranger...".I am going to look at one right now....the guy might do a barter!

Latest posts

Latest posts