What's new

bobblehead overtakes

Bonzo

Veteran
then you drop one .....or two....wait a minute...were these from this batch? well maybe not from this batch but....

redbudduckfoot

Veteran
http://www.solarnovar.com/live/1.0/trackers.htm

this is their Cadillac system. run this with On-Grid power, and you can rock 6Kw and nobody would ever know. 70K initial investment, and the Feds give you a huge tax rebate, and along with the state incentives, 50% can be refunded, depending on the state you live in. If you only wanted 3.5K then you can go with the smallest system, a 16 panel array. after tax incentives(LOOPHOLES)this system costs as much as a new subcompact auto.

Rbdf is very familiar with solar, probably as knowledable as SeaMaiden, if i had to compare. Lived with them all my life.

anyway, it is possible, and as you make money, pay off the first system, you can save up or get a loan and add more arrays, and start selling power back to your local power company. There are a bunch of private residences along with 10+ business's I know of that have at least one 30 panel system, and many have added more(up to 11!! lol. yep, 360 panels) and now receive a check from the power company,

genius. it's just a huge upgrade, and most people wouldn't see the angle, or have been indoctrinated by the coal and oil lobby dont believe in the existence of the technology.

rbdf

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Headband stretches plenty... I just thought it might stretch more if grown properly... It just doesn't go wild like my Sour D and USD. I'm not knocking it cause I've smoked yours and it was way better than mine. Hopefully I'll do the plant justice this time. These plants are already way more healthy than the last 2 times I grew her.

Awww, too kind of you :tiphat:

I didn't mean to imply that you were knocking it at all :) I was just curious what you liked about it/didn't like about it, .. I'm always curious to know what it takes for a plant to cut the mustard in a grow like yours, .. My garden is a little less discriminating, since I'm just growing to feed my head, .. ;)

But, in re: your other keepers, how does it stack up in terms of yield/growth profile/etc?

:dance013:

this is their Cadillac system. run this with On-Grid power, and you can rock 6Kw and nobody would ever know. 70K initial investment, and the Feds give you a huge tax rebate, and along with the state incentives, 50% can be refunded, depending on the state you live in. If you only wanted 3.5K then you can go with the smallest system, a 16 panel array. after tax incentives(LOOPHOLES)this system costs as much as a new subcompact auto.

Rbdf is very familiar with solar, probably as knowledable as SeaMaiden, if i had to compare. Lived with them all my life.

anyway, it is possible, and as you make money, pay off the first system, you can save up or get a loan and add more arrays, and start selling power back to your local power company. There are a bunch of private residences along with 10+ business's I know of that have at least one 30 panel system, and many have added more(up to 11!! lol. yep, 360 panels) and now receive a check from the power company,

genius. it's just a huge upgrade, and most people wouldn't see the angle, or have been indoctrinated by the coal and oil lobby dont believe in the existence of the technology.

rbdf

Bobble you may not want your thread to turn into solar central so I'll just say one more thing on the topic.

As much as I'd love this to be a viable option, I just don't see it right now. That company, for example, has a 4.6 kw system. That doesn't mean you can run 4600 watts in lights all day or even 12 hours a day. Using a local rate of $0.10 kwh that system saves you $840.00 per year. That is enough to run two 1k lights 12 hours a day for a year (minus six days). I don't know the price for that system but for that amount of power savings most people would be better off dropping all their heating, cooking and hot water off the electric for NG or LP....especially you guys further north.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I little bird told me there's some Dirty Girlscout (GSC x Cheese) beans headed to the bay... I wanna be the first to grow them! And no, I didn't make them... Is anyone else growing these yet? I figure I have enough that even if I kill a few I should have a couple females...
View Image

It's not easy separating seeds... I'm fucking high.

Omfg LMAO..........:dance013:....hey at least the GSC is really good weed!

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I little bird told me there's some Dirty Girlscout (GSC x Cheese) beans headed to the bay... I wanna be the first to grow them! And no, I didn't make them... Is anyone else growing these yet? I figure I have enough that even if I kill a few I should have a couple females...
View Image

At least there is some cheese to go with your wine.

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
View Image

You can tell your kids you once acquired the fabled GSC x U.K. Cheese seeds from the Luther Burbank of MMJ Genetics!:biggrin:

bobblehead

Veteran
yea the plant sure seems to want to stretch wondering how it would grow under a scrog table so you can control the stretch

Yeah I've been thinking about scrog tables and batwing reflectors myself... :D Maybe a 12/12 from seed Dirty Girlscout grow? We shall see...

then you drop one .....or two....wait a minute...were these from this batch? well maybe not from this batch but....

Yeah once it hits the floor it could be from anything... There's no telling! ha ha... Honestly those ones just go in the trash cause I have so many seeds I'm not gonna bother growing unknown genetics. Maybe I should collect my unknown genetics in a bag and send them to seedbay every now and then... As I recall, a lot of people enjoyed smoking my accidents.

rbdf

70k initial investment? Are you fucking serious? Even a 35k initial investment is huge. I was reading a thread a few months back about the lowest growbros could go per unit before they would quit growing indoors. Rent was a huge factor in overhead expense for most of the growers posting, preceded only by electricity.

Seeing how most "pros" don't even own the house they're growing in... Whether that be for financial reasons or legal reasons (avoiding seizure in the event of a bust), I don't see anyone making that kind of long-term investment for solar panels.

Awww, too kind of you

I didn't mean to imply that you were knocking it at all I was just curious what you liked about it/didn't like about it, .. I'm always curious to know what it takes for a plant to cut the mustard in a grow like yours, .. My garden is a little less discriminating, since I'm just growing to feed my head, ..

But, in re: your other keepers, how does it stack up in terms of yield/growth profile/etc?

I shouldn't really comment until I grow her right. I like the smell/flavor/high/stretch/yield/etc... but it's not just the headband standing alone... In my garden, she has to stand up next to the sour d and the USD, and any other diesels I choose to bring into the garden (being why I don't take the ND from you, cause I don't wanna have to grow it over and over again to compare). So if the headband doesn't fill the canopy and yield like the Sour D and USD, AND test high, there's no point in giving her a lot of space or even keeping her around. I need to have variety in my garden... Diesel, Kush, Chem... If I could only choose one, it would have to be an OG kush. It's what the market wants most... So if anything I would run heavy on kushes.. Diesel buds are too airy, people want the most compact dense buds they can get their hands on.

Does that sufficiently answer the question for now? I chop in about 5-6 weeks so give it 2 months and I'll be able to tell ya more.

Bobble you may not want your thread to turn into solar central so I'll just say one more thing on the topic.

As much as I'd love this to be a viable option, I just don't see it right now. That company, for example, has a 4.6 kw system. That doesn't mean you can run 4600 watts in lights all day or even 12 hours a day. Using a local rate of $0.10 kwh that system saves you $840.00 per year. That is enough to run two 1k lights 12 hours a day for a year (minus six days). I don't know the price for that system but for that amount of power savings most people would be better off dropping all their heating, cooking and hot water off the electric for NG or LP....especially you guys further north.

That's why my original statement was "from what I've seen..."

Without getting into all the details about whether or not it can be done off the grid... Realistically, to have constant power supply, you would have to be on the grid... Unless you had some serious battery storage and fields of windmills and solar panels... Solar panel windmills! There's an idea!

I'd like a dirty girl scout lol :biggrin:

Like you said, things have a way of getting around...

At least there is some cheese to go with your wine.

Ha ha ha... It would have been funnier if you said that I "have some cheese to grow with my wine." :moon:

You can tell your kids you once acquired the fabled GSC x U.K. Cheese seeds from the Luther Burbank of MMJ Genetics!:biggrin:

I had to look up who Luther Burbank was... lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luther_Burbank

Luther Burbank (7 March 1849 – 11 April 1926)[1] was an American botanist, horticulturist and a pioneer in agricultural science. He developed more than 800 strains and varieties of plants over his 55-year career.

Jules Janick, Ph.D., Professor of Horticulture and Landscape Architecture, Purdue University, writing in the World Book Encyclopedia, 2004 edition, says: "Burbank cannot be considered a scientist in the academic sense."

Basically the academic community calls him a pollen chucker, b/c he didn't document his work very well... but he established the russet-burbank potato among many other amazing developments in horticulture.

Those are some big shoes to fill Mega... ha ha... :biggrin:

silver hawaiian

Veteran
I shouldn't really comment until I grow her right. I like the smell/flavor/high/stretch/yield/etc... but it's not just the headband standing alone... In my garden, she has to stand up next to the sour d and the USD, and any other diesels I choose to bring into the garden (being why I don't take the ND from you, cause I don't wanna have to grow it over and over again to compare). So if the headband doesn't fill the canopy and yield like the Sour D and USD, AND test high, there's no point in giving her a lot of space or even keeping her around. I need to have variety in my garden... Diesel, Kush, Chem... If I could only choose one, it would have to be an OG kush. It's what the market wants most... So if anything I would run heavy on kushes.. Diesel buds are too airy, people want the most compact dense buds they can get their hands on.

Does that sufficiently answer the question for now? I chop in about 5-6 weeks so give it 2 months and I'll be able to tell ya more.

:thank you: Exactly the kind of answer I was looking for, .. I'm kind of an ADHDnaut, .. I'll take on varieties without being too picky, for shits and giggles, at least once..

I don't think I've had your SourD - but the USD was lervly for me too, .. Reminds me a lot of the ND, actually, though I think the ND tends to bush out & stretch a smidgen more, .. Though I think the USD finished a little quicker for me - 75ish days v 82 on the ND..

:dance: Thanks for the reply - was exactly what I was looking for.. And, lemme know when you find a keeper Kush.. I'll be starting some more Old Grandad soon ([Pure Kush x Purple Kush] x Deep Chunk) - she's my favorite kush I've grown & smoked yet..

Solar panel windmills! There's an idea!

Was reading some site that was selling a book on how to do a solar powered growroom. Someone asked if you could just hang the panels in the growroom and charge them with the lights. Of course the guy selling the book was like YES..YES!!

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
In light of your SIG Bobble

In light of your SIG Bobble

picture.php

lol........

bobblehead

Veteran

Exactly. Peacefully ignoring a law or ordinance that you disagree with. I'm actually considering going back to a mostly legal operation... Maybe, maybe not... I keep going back and forth! There's nothing wrong with bringing down trees nice and steady and making a paycheck...

At least you have some cheese to grow with your wine.

:laughing:

I'm kinda surprised that you didn't catch the error there... Because I was whining about separating the seeds.... So that's cheese to grow with my whine. :moon:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Jules Janick, Ph.D., Professor of Horticulture and Landscape Architecture, Purdue University, writing in the World Book Encyclopedia, 2004 edition, says: "Burbank cannot be considered a scientist in the academic sense."

Well, someone should tell Jules Janick that "Landscape Architecture" isn't a REAL degree nor is it a REAL profession...

I mean...that is nothing more than being a glorified landscaper..

So fine....touche...

dank.Frank

redbudduckfoot

Veteran
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=248418

regarding the discussion on Solar Power.

remember fellow growers, some people do have the money(or credit) to purchase a system to fit their needs. The system he is showing could be built for less than 5K, I believe. Also, I know of peeps in Cali who pay over 1000$ a month in Electricity to PG&E. thats as much as my mortgage, lol. I dont see the difficulty(if u have the credit) in either getting a loan or refinancing your current mortgage, and getting one of these to suit your grow. eliminating a 1000$ a month electric bill would help a lot of peeps. Once the loan is paid off, say in 5 years(probably less) you have free power for the foreseeable future. 30K really isnt all that much.

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=248418

regarding the discussion on Solar Power.

remember fellow growers, some people do have the money(or credit) to purchase a system to fit their needs. The system he is showing could be built for less than 5K, I believe. Also, I know of peeps in Cali who pay over 1000$ a month in Electricity to PG&E. thats as much as my mortgage, lol. I dont see the difficulty(if u have the credit) in either getting a loan or refinancing your current mortgage, and getting one of these to suit your grow. eliminating a 1000$ a month electric bill would help a lot of peeps. Once the loan is paid off, say in 5 years(probably less) you have free power for the foreseeable future. 30K really isnt all that much.

Don't forget the tax breaks you get for solar installation in California, those are a BIG plus also!

redbudduckfoot

Veteran
exactly, mega. They are huge in my state back east as well. This isnt like buying a car, wher it depreciates over the years. The people whom I know that have multiple systems, are profiting close to 300$ per array. the guy with 12 of them is making like 2500$ a month after his home/business electric use is taken out.

the 70K system, after tax rebates is >40K. just by saving/earning on their bill, the system is paid back in about 10 years. if you wanna put any extra loot, it could be paid back even sooner.

rbdf

bobblehead

Veteran
I see the value in green energy... really, I do... BUT... Who here is 1. buying or already owns their house. 2. Has the credit for the financing, or the cash laying around to buy the hardware.

Anyone who can say yes to both of those and isn't already working on it is probably a tight-assed republican and doesn't wanna spend the money on the initial investment, despite the long-term benefits.

:)

Latest posts

Latest posts