What's new

bobblehead overtakes

Mister_D

Veteran
anything over 3 gallons i use 2 blumats per pot.

Was actually just stopping by to remind bobble how many times that was stated in the blumat thread, and just about any other thread that talks about blumats........ :laughing: ya gettin that old timers disease on us bobble? Kinda have to wonder when your thread starts disscussing granny diaper changes, and you're forgetting important things like that :biggrin:. Maybe me and freds old ass are wearing off on ya lol.

bobblehead

Veteran
Yeah, anything over 3 gallons i use 2 blumats per pot. only thing I would change is place the ends of each 3mm tubing at different sides/ends of the pot. But really, I would never use anything bigger than a 3 gallon smart pot, unless i was growing pound trees. With no Veg my sourD and ChemD's yield 3-5 oz's easy. 20 3gal plants under 2K horizontal or 20 2gal plants under/around 1200w vertical.

holla holla holla holla holla.

rbdf

thanks dude... and yeah, i've been thinking that I need to cram as many plants as I can around vertical lamps... I can always cull the weakest, or figure something out for them... but so far I haven't been filling in my canopy and taking full advantage of the vertical lamps. I'd be better off using a reflector with all the open space I have right now. Thanks.

Was actually just stopping by to remind bobble how many times that was stated in the blumat thread, and just about any other thread that talks about blumats........ :laughing: ya gettin that old timers disease on us bobble? Kinda have to wonder when your thread starts disscussing granny diaper changes, and you're forgetting important things like that :biggrin:. Maybe me and freds old ass are wearing off on ya lol.

I've read mixed reviews... I think it was Lazyman who said he was using 2, but only one would drip. I could be wrong, that happens from time to time. :) I don't recall the diameter that blumat says each tropf can cover, but I'm pretty sure that a #5 is within that diameter. I'm just lazy as fuck and I don't wanna build a bunch of new watering systems... ha ha... I love of easy blumats are to install. No need to collect runoff. But then something goes wrong, the plants stop eating, and the EC climbs in the root zone. I'm kinda thinking about trying some organics... and just feeding water. idk. That's probably just another way to derail my grow, and I should stick to what I know. :whee:

Does anyone else feel like their life is a series of psychotic episodes?

Oh and hey I should add that I've been using Jack's to feed that chem D... Nothing else. No clogging issues with the blumats. Thanks to Ichabod, I have a lifetime supply of Jack's for FREE! :biglaugh:

Mister_D

Veteran
Bobble if you're going to start fucking around with organics or whatever outside of the realm of whats tried and true, keep it in your 400w room until the kinks are worked out. You may find a premix organic soil is just the ticket for you, but lets not risk the whole crop on trying new ideas. Like freds is always drilling in our heads, pick a method and master it. Catch 22 is you never really know what works best for you until you try them all......

bobblehead

Veteran
Bobble if you're going to start fucking around with organics or whatever outside of the realm of whats tried and true, keep it in your 400w room until the kinks are worked out. You may find a premix organic soil is just the ticket for you, but lets not risk the whole crop on trying new ideas. Like freds is always drilling in our heads, pick a method and master it. Catch 22 is you never really know what works best for you until you try them all......

You old guys know a thing or 2 about a thing or 2... But I can take you... lol

No worries, I'm not going all-in on the organics... I have a lot of friends that are doing very well with organics though. It's just one less thing to think about... but I have my GH ferts pretty well dialed. I have no doubts it was the SM-90 gunking up my reservoirs. I haven't had a problem with the blumats clogging since I quit using it. Something happened though... Last week I noticed something was moving at the top of the pot... So I got closer, and held really still... Fungus gnats. I haven't had them since I started using SM-90. So, I hand watered the plants with some SM-90. That should nuke those fuckers. If I'm using blumats, I'm just going to use base nutrients, and hand feed the additives like SM-90 and Silica Blast. There's no reason they have to be part of the every day mix. I'm already hand feeding bennies.

yup... you got that 1,000 lamp grow built yet? :moon:

L

LouDog420

Fighting the little fuckers in my room too... Checked out mosquito dunks... Found a thread about it, and just gave it a go. Would be perfect with the blumats, because you just crumble a little on the top of the soil, and it does its thing...

It uses a bacteria that attacks the larvae... package says bacillus thuringiensis subspecies israelensis... It says organic, and can be used in flower pots and animal troughs. If the sm90 doesn't work out. might be something to consider. 10 bucks for a six pack and each one goes a long way... 1 duck treats 100SF of water surface area...

Good vibes bro, I wanna see that room full and honing here. Cause I'm coming with the GON!

Peace!

Mister_D

Veteran
yup... you got that 1,000 lamp grow built yet? :moon:

Actually it's up to 600 lamps now. Convinced bossman to drop the 1000 watters in favor of more 600's :biggrin:. One hundred more lamps giving more even lighting coverage. All while using 140,000 less watts than the 500 1k's he wanted to use! How's that for going green :laughing:? Now we are building 50 rooms with 12 600's each. Small crew, so no insane progress is being made. An approval room has been built and finished. Now that the boss has given the ok on my design, framing, electrical, plumbing, and hvac are all getting under way for the rest of the warehouse. Honestly i'd rather be home doing my own thing, but it is really cool to be able to swap ideas with a crew of guys that all specialize in professions related to growing. Our safety meeting disscussions are world class :kos:

bobblehead

Veteran
Fighting the little fuckers in my room too... Checked out mosquito dunks... Found a thread about it, and just gave it a go. Would be perfect with the blumats, because you just crumble a little on the top of the soil, and it does its thing...

It uses a bacteria that attacks the larvae... package says bacillus thuringiensis subspecies israelensis... It says organic, and can be used in flower pots and animal troughs. If the sm90 doesn't work out. might be something to consider. 10 bucks for a six pack and each one goes a long way... 1 duck treats 100SF of water surface area...

Good vibes bro, I wanna see that room full and honing here. Cause I'm coming with the GON!

Peace!

huh... That makes me think that my bennies should be handling the fungus gnats... I should probably up the applications to every week. I was slacking though and was late with the last application.

Thanks for the tip! And yeah, I was checking out your thread yesterday... You're filling that hex right up!

I am sure they are crapping their diapers.

Incontinence is no laughing matter. One day you and I will have to wear diapers just like Freds and D. You sooner than me. It's just a part of getting old.

So you ordered the 6 solenoids... still moving to a DTW system or returning them and sticking with blumats?

Why all the pressure to make decisions? lol... How about yes. :biglaugh:

I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket... I'm going to use the solenoids, but I'm also going to keep rolling with the blumats. I ordered 6 solenoids because the discount was significant enough to justify it. It's good to have extra pumps, timers, solenoids, lamps etc... So that when I break one or it malfunctions I can replace it immediately.

G

GMax

there are sooo many different types of bacteria supspecies..the beneficials you are using probably dont have the same species that are the main ingredient in dunks...fucking gnats seems to be the only bug i ever get anymore and i still use sm90 with everything..they must be getting immune to it..they just always seem to be at bay unless i start slipping

dunks are good for killing the larva but you still need traps for the fliers.. if you are gonna use a dunk in your rez, you should wrap it in a nylon sock or pantyhose..just not tea bags because they deteriorate after couple days ... the dunks will start to fall apart after a while and little peices can clog an cause problems with your blumats

D

DHF

Gnatrol WDG "water dispersion granules" has the exact same bacillus strain that kills fungus gnats and skeeters , but totally dissolves in solution compared to skeeter dunks from Lowe`s or Home Depot......

Crumbled on the surface of the medium in containers works if they`re not too old to have lost their goody and effectiveness like the original Gnatrol did and got pulled off the shelves........but....

Once they hatch , the yellow sticky traps catch the fliers , but the larvae and hatchlings is what fucks with the plants rootzones and needs to be dealt with using extreme prejudice.....

SM -90 only works as a preventative......once the larvae proliferate , it`ll fight against their growth , but Gnatrol WDG is in order to fuck up their world permanently ........that said.....

Kill em all.......Let God sort em out.....

Peace....Freds.....:ying:......

bobblehead

Veteran
Damnit guys... They're not fungus gnats... They're root aphids. It seems during the time I wasn't applying the bennies, the multiplied and are back with a vengeance. Weekly applications of CAPS bennies are supposed to be able to handle them... So that's what I'm doing, b/c imid really messes with the plants. I brewed my microbe tea, I applied a concentrated solution to all the plants, and then dropped the tea bag in my veg reservoir. I really hope the fungus kills them... The good new is that all of my clones are in perlite, and they look great! Now would be a good time to transition to floor dry/diatomaceous earth as a medium... So look forward to that, since I have some money now...

I'm kinda bummed today... been thinking about my friend that passed a few months ago. If the Affordable Care Act had been pushed through faster, my friend would still be alive. No exaggeration. I make no apologies for being passionate about the need for change in our health care system.

It's not all bad though... Honestly I'm happy. Whoever that bozo was telling me I'm not really happy needs to pull his head out of his ass... lol I have 3 rooms flowering now, and my veg room is full... It could be better, but it could definitely be worse. Baby steps. I'll get this house dialed soon enough. I'm paying $20 less a month for both of my houses than I was paying for the 1 condo I was growing AND living in back in bobbleracks revamped. Not including insurance of course... but all my "rent" money is going into equity instead of just lining someone else' pocket. I'm meeting if not exceeding my educational goals. Anyway... lets just get on with the pics.

This is the 1290w room with Straw DD and Chem D clones. This grow turned out piss poor. The runoff was touching the bottoms of the bags the first few weeks and the plants never took off like they should have. I didn't realize how much lower that side of the house sits. I should have had the buckets completely full of rocks from the beginning. Also when the power went out, it seems to have messed up the timer and the plants missed a couple days of light and had some cold temps as an additional consequence. I'm not going to change out anything except the feed manifold for the next round. I hear that if I quit making drastic changes after every grow I might get things dialed in. The only reason i haven't pulled these plants and put them on the floor with the headband plants is cause I need the heat from the lamps anyway. I think these are at 4.5 weeks now. They should be bigger all the way around.
picture.php

Here's the Headband room, I think it's 6.5 weeks... The plants are already yellowing out. I've cut the nutes too soon. Additionally, I'm pretty sure they have root aphids. I suspected it when the fan leaves started yellowing from the bottom up. I figured it might have been natural, but now one of the plants is completely yellow. That's not just the weak nutes, that's aphids. I increased the nutes from .6 EC to .9 EC. I didn't mean for it to get that low, but that's the RO auto top-off doing it's job. You can also see there's a lot of empty space. I'm gonna add more plants next round. I have 10 Headband vegging now to replace these 6. They're going in bigger than these ones did too. I pulled the top lamp out of this room and put it in the new one. It's kinda hard to grow the plants tall enough to utilize all 3 lamps... Maybe one day I'll get it right.
picture.php

Veg room... Chems in the back left are all messed up and infested with aphids, but bad! It's too late to stop them from spreading, they're in my Headband clones up front too. All I can do it treat for them now. The clones in the back right are in perlite and are the perfect shade of green. I'm probably transplanting them to floor dry next week. I need to destroy all of my coco and start over with fresh medium.
picture.php

DrFever

Veteran
Scared to pop in this thread in cse them aphids spread to me lol kidding dam man get them buggers under control

bobblehead

Veteran
This is the new room... Sorry I forgot to fix the color, you're just gonna have to deal with it for now! I haven't seen any X pattern tree grows in a while... I remember back on OG lots of guys were growing this style. Anyway, I'm bringing it back. I have a 600w lamp in the middle, and 4 400w's in the corners. Plants are being fed DTW. I have to make sure that this is a successful crop. My tuition depends on it. I spent an entire day putting this room together, and it's pretty damned bulletproof. I added a 435cfm fan and pointed it at the wall just to circulate air around the room. Seems to work well and I don't have a bunch of muffin fans on the floor.
picture.php

Strawberry Cough- the biggest slouch in this garden. She's not nearly as potent as the rest. Everything in my last crop tested @ 20%+, except this plant, which tested around 16%. That's genetics for ya.
picture.php

Straw DD- needs no introduction... last tested @ 21% with huge nugs!
picture.php

Golden Goat- tested @ 20%, yields fat.
picture.php

USD- this is a revegged momma... IDK how it's gonna grow... I expect it to turn into some sort of crazy looking bush because it has so many shoots.
picture.php