What's new

bobblehead overtakes

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hmm NOW we finally find out the source of all of Ichabobs bug problems....ummm hummmmm!

bobblehead

Veteran
Man it got cold last week... It definitely slowed things down at the grow... So I added some light in the veg room to up the temps! :D Clones still haven't rooted because of the temps, but I'm expecting they'll have roots next week.

The power went out for a few hours... So I didn't get much done. Things are still humming along for now...

The headband plants didn't stretch like I'd hoped... but they look good for 4 weeks! I think I'll be taking the stack apart, adding 1 or 2 lamps, and running them as individual lamps in a diamond or cross pattern for the next few grows.
picture.php

G

GMax

looking good bobble glad to see you back.. i thought you would be used to the cold up there...i go to the northernmost part of my state and its like a whole different climate.. i have been feeling the cold right below you and i have been loving it..actually i hate being cold, but i am ready for the easy grow room temperature control

there is nothing you can really do about acts of nature except be prepared..its most likely gonna happen.... as soon as i got the right place and enough money i am gonna be looking into getting solar panels to run my grow, i mean why not?? even if they cost an ungodly amount i could blow up my house with as much light as want and never have to worry about being flagged for electricity usage , and look like (and acheiving) that i am just trying to save the Earth...and then it would be power outages, schmower outages (i could be wrong, maybe solar panels dont work during an outage either, havent reseached enough yet)..cant put a price on peice of mind though imo

switching to diamond lights huh? us stacked bulb growers becoming extinct...whatever keeps the buds flowing :).. how many 600's are you going to be using then...i really like the way FF has his one setup with complete circles around each bulb and a super circle in the middle..not to ruffle any feathers, but i feel like if your bulb isnt completly surrounded by plant then its missing the point of vertical...

take my garden for example.. mine is 2 part system, and i can take one of the systems aways and put a wall to reflect the light back towards the other system..but then it isnt really a vertical garden anymore, it is more like a sideways horizontal garden... and i would much rather have bud there instead of reflective material, right ?

btw it looks like your lights are hanging a little crooked, at least the top one, and that can make a bigger difference than you think.. if i could find it, i could show you a pic of a light (hotizontal) that is in a reflector slightly crooked, and the canopy is all misshapen because of it, granted it was in a reflector but still..i use a mini level to get mine perfect

gl bro keep it up we all need our doses of bobble grow

bobblehead

Veteran
looking good bobble glad to see you back.. i thought you would be used to the cold up there...i go to the northernmost part of my state and its like a whole different climate.. i have been feeling the cold right below you and i have been loving it..actually i hate being cold, but i am ready for the easy grow room temperature control

there is nothing you can really do about acts of nature except be prepared..its most likely gonna happen.... as soon as i got the right place and enough money i am gonna be looking into getting solar panels to run my grow, i mean why not?? even if they cost an ungodly amount i could blow up my house with as much light as want and never have to worry about being flagged for electricity usage , and look like (and acheiving) that i am just trying to save the Earth...and then it would be power outages, schmower outages (i could be wrong, maybe solar panels dont work during an outage either, havent reseached enough yet)..cant put a price on peice of mind though imo

switching to diamond lights huh? us stacked bulb growers becoming extinct...whatever keeps the buds flowing :).. how many 600's are you going to be using then...i really like the way FF has his one setup with complete circles around each bulb and a super circle in the middle..not to ruffle any feathers, but i feel like if your bulb isnt completly surrounded by plant then its missing the point of vertical...

take my garden for example.. mine is 2 part system, and i can take one of the systems aways and put a wall to reflect the light back towards the other system..but then it isnt really a vertical garden anymore, it is more like a sideways horizontal garden... and i would much rather have bud there instead of reflective material, right ?

btw it looks like your lights are hanging a little crooked, at least the top one, and that can make a bigger difference than you think.. if i could find it, i could show you a pic of a light (hotizontal) that is in a reflector slightly crooked, and the canopy is all misshapen because of it, granted it was in a reflector but still..i use a mini level to get mine perfect

gl bro keep it up we all need our doses of bobble grow

Yeah dude, I don't like the cold myself, but I don't like record setting heat either... It feels as if the temps went from 85-100F to 55F in a hurry. Up north everything is freezing already. My temps were running 85F all the time in the house. Now I have to use space heaters in the lung room! It's a wild climate...

Solar panels aren't going to provide you with enough juice to power a sizeable grow. It's not as simple as you're suggesting either... from what I've seen, solar panels and windmills feed into the power grid, and what you input is measured, and deducted from your bill. Sometimes the power company ends up paying you... but not at a grow house. :) I would have liked to buy a backup generator, but I bought another house instead. :peacock:

I still have a stack in the octagon... but I need to simplify the other 3 rooms... Or build some new racks.. but I don't have time for that right now, so taking the lamps apart and growing larger plants is a more viable option. with the cold temps I need the extra heat anyway. I'll run a combination of 4 or 5 4-600w lamps. Like you're suggesting, there's a lot of empty space in my canopy right now... but I thought those plants would stretch more. I was wrong. USD would have filled that space. That top lamp is crooked, but it's pointed at the tallest plants. The plants on the other side are too short to receive that light anyway. I've thought about removing it completely, but again, I need it for the heat. The extra light is just an added bonus.

The changes are in my veg room... and headed soon to flower. Next week I expect to have power to modify another flower room and get some more plants flowering.

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Lookin' good bobble. Glad to see you back!

What do you like/dislike about the way that Headband grows, relative to the other varieties you've stuck with?

Your post got me thinking, I think she used to be a decent stretcher for me, .. ? Been a while though.

Lookin' great tho :good:

Solar panels aren't going to provide you with enough juice to power a sizeable grow. It's not as simple as you're suggesting either... from what I've seen, solar panels and windmills feed into the power grid, and what you input is measured, and deducted from your bill. Sometimes the power company ends up paying you... but not at a grow house. :) I would have liked to buy a backup generator, but I bought another house instead. :peacock:
I was wondering about the measurement of input. For example, in my area several Amish communities have installed them and are totally off the grid. Of course, I doubt they're blowing up grow rooms either. From what I can find the factors that determine whether input is measured include taking the tax credit and/or leasing.

5th

Veteran
Solar panels aren't going to provide you with enough juice to power a sizeable grow. It's not as simple as you're suggesting either... from what I've seen, solar panels and windmills feed into the power grid, and what you input is measured, and deducted from your bill.

I'll disagree with that. Too high to remember his handle right now...but we've a guy here at IC doing just that, a solar powered grow. Albiet its a 400w and some LED's...but its a promising start.

It's all about resource management. Electricity being the resource. If running say, two more 1000w bulbs is a high priority...then running your washing machine, dryer, stove, and microwave shouldn't be, ...so you don't.

People think (like mentioned) sticking a few solar panels on their roof or erecting a windmill is going to have the power company's sending you cheques every month...that shits laughable...
And because your plugged into the grid these pricks can show up and inspect what they want when they want...definately not grow op savy IMO. So make your own power only for yourself...not the $23 cheque from the power company.

To sum up this stoned opinion, solar, water, wind, ...a sizable grow can be easily accomplished...just get used to reading with candle light and cooking over an open flame.

:tiphat:

gingerale

Veteran
You can power whatever you want with solar panels. The question is do you have enough panels? 12kWh per bulb per day is a lot of juice.

G

GMax

Yeah dude, I don't like the cold myself, but I don't like record setting heat either... It feels as if the temps went from 85-100F to 55F in a hurry. Up north everything is freezing already. My temps were running 85F all the time in the house. Now I have to use space heaters in the lung room! It's a wild climate...

I still have a stack in the octagon... but I need to simplify the other 3 rooms... Or build some new racks.. but I don't have time for that right now, so taking the lamps apart and growing larger plants is a more viable option. with the cold temps I need the extra heat anyway. I'll run a combination of 4 or 5 4-600w lamps. Like you're suggesting, there's a lot of empty space in my canopy right now... but I thought those plants would stretch more. I was wrong. USD would have filled that space. That top lamp is crooked, but it's pointed at the tallest plants. The plants on the other side are too short to receive that light anyway. I've thought about removing it completely, but again, I need it for the heat. The extra light is just an added bonus.

The changes are in my veg room... and headed soon to flower. Next week I expect to have power to modify another flower room and get some more plants flowering.

yeah i feel ya on the weather..last week i was literally wearing shorts and sweating at the upstairs part of my grow... should have known solar panels wouldnt be so easy since we dont see more grows with them... i got the idea from seeing this really nice house in the country that has like 80% of it roof covered in solar panels and i said hmmm... didnt really research yet just one of those 'ultimate growhouse pipe dreams'

i wasnt really talking about your canopy, although you already stated there is space left to fill .. i was more talking about vertical grows that only use 2-3 sides of the bulb and not all 4

go ahead and rock as much light as you can while its winter :biggrin:

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Rumor has it someone might be rocking a 17,000 square foot solar grow.........it't also known as a greenhouse! Lol!

bobblehead

Veteran
I little bird told me there's some Dirty Girlscout (GSC x Cheese) beans headed to the bay... I wanna be the first to grow them! And no, I didn't make them... Is anyone else growing these yet? I figure I have enough that even if I kill a few I should have a couple females...
picture.php

It's not easy separating seeds... I'm fucking high.

bobblehead

Veteran
Lookin' good bobble. Glad to see you back!

What do you like/dislike about the way that Headband grows, relative to the other varieties you've stuck with?

Your post got me thinking, I think she used to be a decent stretcher for me, .. ? Been a while though.

Lookin' great tho :good:

Headband stretches plenty... I just thought it might stretch more if grown properly... It just doesn't go wild like my Sour D and USD. I'm not knocking it cause I've smoked yours and it was way better than mine. Hopefully I'll do the plant justice this time. These plants are already way more healthy than the last 2 times I grew her.

DrFever

Veteran
yea the plant sure seems to want to stretch wondering how it would grow under a scrog table so you can control the stretch

Bonzo

Veteran
bobble your fucked up DUUUUUUUUUUDE....LAUGHIN' MY FUCKIN ASS OFF!! just wanted to say that and laughing right along with ya...."ooh that one is large but not very dark" ..........:tiny but...but....but look at the speckling"