What's new

bobblehead overtakes

bobblehead

Veteran
Thanks guys...

GW Pharmaceuticals has patents on different cannabinoids, their growing methods, harvesting and drying methods... So am I infringing on their patents by producing my own cannabinoids and distributing them? So many problems to worry about... I don't need big pharma suing me...

RespectGreen

Veteran
Thanks guys...

GW Pharmaceuticals has patents on different cannabinoids, their growing methods, harvesting and drying methods... So am I infringing on their patents by producing my own cannabinoids and distributing them? So many problems to worry about... I don't need big pharma suing me...

Lol

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks guys...

....your joking right?...............:thinking:

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I can't say a thing about your contract, but I can say that a $350 a month payment is way cheap to have a secure place to grow. Don't get caught up fixing something that does not need to be fixed to make the grow work. Spend your time productively, and that right now is growing.

Figure out how much you can make growing there and determine if you can make that back in the same amount of time. Take your labor add that to the total. My guess is that you will make far more then you would spending your time rebuilding the house. The bottom line is what is important right now. At least that is the impression I have been getting from your post. Focus on your final goals.

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
i do believe that they will try and kill the medical industry with patents by big pharma as there last ditch efforts... but thats just me....

bobblehead

Veteran
....your joking right?...............:thinking:

I'm dead serious bro... The only thing propping up the current cannabis market is federal prohibtion. As soon as cannabis is found to have medicinal benefits in the eyes of the feds, and the laws change.... Big pharma already has the drugs made and patented. They have their own strains supposedly. It has to be true, I saw it on tv. Marijuana Gold Rush on nat geo.

Why do you guys think I don't wanna make this a long term career... In the past 10 years, we've come so far in terms of cannabis being accepted. An oz of AAA used to go for $450+... Maybe you can still do that in non-med states.... But not in Michigan... $250.

And then... When you have big pharma with billions of dollars to throw at the whole thing... Or phillip morris... W/e.... It's gonna crash big time. Look at canada with their federal program and the KCC setting up 200-400k+ light grows...

The time to act is now, before it's too late.

I can't say a thing about your contract, but I can say that a $350 a month payment is way cheap to have a secure place to grow. Don't get caught up fixing something that does not need to be fixed to make the grow work. Spend your time productively, and that right now is growing.

Figure out how much you can make growing there and determine if you can make that back in the same amount of time. Take your labor add that to the total. My guess is that you will make far more then you would spending your time rebuilding the house. The bottom line is what is important right now. At least that is the impression I have been getting from your post. Focus on your final goals.

I agree, but I'm concerned about keeping a grow in a house long term with a crazy mold problem. One day it's bound to be a problem with my plants... That being said, I can make enough money to walk away from this place and get another rent to own property in a years time. Rather than buy this house I can pay for school and pay down my loans... I'm thinking more about what to do when that time comes to move the grow... What do I do? Is it really worth the headache of having people working on this house while I'm in school and running a grow? I'm thinking not.

I can find another house... But I just want to make sure I'm making the right decision... Idk, but I have several months to figure it out. If you've ever had a powdery mildew outbreak IC, you would know why I'm thinking of moving. The summer, July-August is ridiculously hot for growing anyway... I just have to set up crop after crop till then, shut down, pack up, move out... Peace!

jgrow

Heat tape is the fix to your pipes freezing. hell of a lot cheaper than running a heater in there as well.

bobblehead

Veteran
Thanks jgrow...

I've been looking at houses closer to the city... and for $10-20k I can buy a decent house outright. I think that's what the new plan is... Land contracts are available, but a lot of places are going for bargain prices and cash only... and I'll pay an inspector to come through as well.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
"""""The time to act is now, before it's too late.
I agree, but I'm concerned about keeping a grow in a house long term with a crazy mold problem. One day it's bound to be a problem with my plants... That being said, I can make enough money to walk away from this place and get another rent to own property in a years time. Rather than buy this house I can pay for school and pay down my loans... I'm thinking more about what to do when that time comes to move the grow... What do I do? Is it really worth the headache of having people working on this house while I'm in school and running a grow? I'm thinking not.

I can find another house... But I just want to make sure I'm making the right decision... Idk, but I have several months to figure it out. If you've ever had a powdery mildew outbreak IC, you would know why I'm thinking of moving. The summer, July-August is ridiculously hot for growing anyway... I just have to set up crop after crop till then, shut down, pack up, move out... Peace![/quote]""""""

My point exactly. Don't waste your money fixing it if it is not going to net you more than you can make growing. Move to another place if you have to. Places are cheap right now.

If you are worried about the mold set up another location and grow there too. Spray the Eagle 20 to keep the mold at bay till your plants are in flower then it will not have enough time to take over the plant. It will be small if it surfaces at all.

I personally would not have workmen at a site that you can not get to quickly. If you are in school you will be splitting your focus to much with the grow, school, and a remodel. I can't see the remodel as a worth while endeavor when you can easily replace any income from it with another small grow site. The housing market is not strong enough for it right now.

This is just my ramblings and you are the only one who knows your situation 100%, so take it or leave it no hard feelings.

pranoman

Thanks guys...

wtf how they can patent nature??? sick people:cuss:
love your work bobble:tiphat:
keep it green

For a House?

For a House?

Thanks jgrow...

I've been looking at houses closer to the city... and for $10-20k I can buy a decent house outright. I think that's what the new plan is... Land contracts are available, but a lot of places are going for bargain prices and cash only... and I'll pay an inspector to come through as well.

Let the buyer beware.

10-20k for a house? That's the price of a used car. Anything that cheap is going to come with its own set of problems. Close to the city? May not even have plumbing and electric left in it. How about security?

Real estate is not a short term investment, certainly not now. Lakefront seasonal seems nice to me. I know what those types of place go for around here and the prices are still not bad. And when they're good, they're good. You'll have the sellers over a barrel. Consider your long term goals and determine if your current place can still meet them. Farming is not easy. A farmers life is about overcoming adversity. Hard work gives good rewards. Eventually.

Moving = time/energy. Staying = time/energy.

Location diversification is good too.

D

DHF

Keep that place and make it work.....I know it`s inconvenient and away from the city but.......Location`s perfect...I grew in nasty ass dank , humid , moldy basements forever and the key is major air exchange and dehuey control in late flower .....

You`ve gutted the motherfucker and now yas wanna give it back as is ?........Bad JuJu my buddy...I know you`ve had problems left and right .....but....

You`ve got cash invested in this POS so grow your ass off while documentin all the bullshit that`s wrong and was never disclosed in said contract or pre-purchase inspection and make the bitch a cash offer and THEN offer to walk if she don`t come to terms.... and ......Betchas come out on top of negotiations when mold remediation comes into play....

When yas got enough outta what yas put in , then close up shop and yas got a lake property that`s paid for and gotta be remodeled down the road when yas got the time AND money.........

Don`t ruin your credit cuz yas got took for a piece of shit ....You can control the mold and stop it in it`s tracks with maintenance , and nobody knows bout controllin environment more than you Bro.....

You`ve learned from the best and know howta apply it and that means everything....I`m just sayin.....

Grow enough THERE to pay for another property and THEN move shit to the next location....

Keep the asset , make it work for yas , and file it away as on the job trainiin...and....believe me....

You`ll know what ta look for next time ....anyways....Loves yas Bro ....don`t let this shit gitchas down.....Adapt or Perish....Focus....and....

Don`t worry.....Be happy.....

My 2 cents....Freds.....:ying:.....

Last edited:
G

Groseph

Let the buyer beware.

10-20k for a house? That's the price of a used car. Anything that cheap is going to come with its own set of problems. Close to the city? May not even have plumbing and electric left in it. How about security?

Real estate is not a short term investment, certainly not now.

I believe Bobble is in the good ol' midwest. Real Estate is cheap around here now. 20k can actually get you a very nice place. I've snagged several that pretty much made immediate rentals without any further outlay. Maybe a bit a CPVC or a quick kitchen/bathroom remodel, but the deals are definitely out there. My last place cost me 13k after incentives for homebuyers and it had brand new roof and windows already. All I had to do was toss some $1000 cabinets in the place, glue a little cpvc, and stick down some industrial peel-and-stick flooring.. done..cash flow now.

I do stress to everyone DO NOT buy real estate with the intention of ever selling it for a gain right now. I predict the real estate market will continue to find a bottom and will stay down for a long long time... not recovering in our lifetime. The days of selling a place after appreciation is long over. Buy real estate for the space in order to get our work done here... nothing more.. do your thing and turn it into a legit rental... or sell owner financed or break even situation.

my thoughts..

bobblehead

Veteran
Let the buyer beware.

Real estate is not a short term investment, certainly not now. Lakefront seasonal seems nice to me. I know what those types of place go for around here and the prices are still not bad. And when they're good, they're good. You'll have the sellers over a barrel. Consider your long term goals and determine if your current place can still meet them. Farming is not easy. A farmers life is about overcoming adversity. Hard work gives good rewards. Eventually.

Moving = time/energy. Staying = time/energy.

Location diversification is good too.

Yeah man, Michigan is one of the most, of not the most depressed economies in the US right now. $20k buys a nice house in an ok neighborhood. One of my friend's bought a place for like $25k, put in $10k, and rents rooms out to his friends... works part time... fat and happy.

I think that renting the house out would be an option... but there's sooo many lake houses for sale right now. My parents have been trying to unload theirs for the past 5 years? I totally agree though that in the long run I'll turn more of a profit with this house. Thanks.
Keep that place and make it work.....I know it`s inconvenient and away from the city but.......Location`s perfect...I grew in nasty ass dank , humid , moldy basements forever and the key is maor air exchange and dehuey control in late flower .....

You`ve gutted the motherfucker and now yas wanna give it back as is ?........Bad JuJu my buddy...I know you`ve had problems left and right .....but....

You`ve got cash invested in this POS so grow your ass off while documentin all the bullshit that`s wrong and was never disclosed in said contract or pre-purchase inspection and make the bitch a cash offer and THEN offer to walk if she don`t come to terms.... and ......Betchas come out on top of negotiations when mold remediation comes into play....

When yas got enough outta what yas put in , then close up shop and yas got a lake property that`s paid for and gotta be remodeled down the road when yas got the time AND money.........

Don`t ruin your credit cuz yas got took for a piece of shit ....You can control the mold and stop it in it`s tracks with maintenance , and nobody knows bout controllin environment more than you Bro.....

You`ve learned from the best and know howta apply it and that means everything....I`m just sayin.....

Grow enough THERE to pay for another property and THEN move shit to the next location....

Keep the asset , make it work for yas , and file it away as on the job trainiin...and....believe me....

You`ll know what ta look for next time ....anyways....Loves yas Bro ....don`t let this shit gitchas down.....Adapt or Perish....Focus....and....

Don`t worry.....Be happy.....

My 2 cents....Freds.....:ying:.....

Thanks for the kick in the ass bro... It's definitely against my better judgement to give the place back. It's a lot to think about as you already know.

I'll stick to the original plan then of offering a low settlement price at the end of the year. With Christmas coming up, and pictures of moldy floor joists... It's in the bag.

On the job training... lol... This is the accelerated sink-or-swim see-what-you're-made-of training... I'm gonna unload so much Eagle20 it's not even funny. Luckily the reinforcements have started arriving...
picture.php

I believe Bobble is in the good ol' midwest. Real Estate is cheap around here now. 20k can actually get you a very nice place. I've snagged several that pretty much made immediate rentals without any further outlay. Maybe a bit a CPVC or a quick kitchen/bathroom remodel, but the deals are definitely out there. My last place cost me 13k after incentives for homebuyers and it had brand new roof and windows already. All I had to do was toss some $1000 cabinets in the place, glue a little cpvc, and stick down some industrial peel-and-stick flooring.. done..cash flow now.

I do stress to everyone DO NOT buy real estate with the intention of ever selling it for a gain right now. I predict the real estate market will continue to find a bottom and will stay down for a long long time... not recovering in our lifetime. The days of selling a place after appreciation is long over. Buy real estate for the space in order to get our work done here... nothing more.. do your thing and turn it into a legit rental... or sell owner financed or break even situation.

my thoughts..

That's my thoughts... I'm young, so I plan on renting out my houses, or turning them into adult care facilities... Did I mention I'm going to be in the healthcare industry? lol... :wave:

Yeah man, Michigan is one of the most, of not the most depressed economies in the US right now. $20k buys a nice house in an ok neighborhood. One of my friend's bought a place for like $25k, put in $10k, and rents rooms out to his friends... works part time... fat and happy.

I think that renting the house out would be an option... but there's sooo many lake houses for sale right now. My parents have been trying to unload theirs for the past 5 years? I totally agree though that in the long run I'll turn more of a profit with this house. Thanks.

Your welcome. Really sorry to hear that about MI economy. I wouldn't have thought you could buy anything but a total POS for that money.

Nice with the new equipment. Blumats sound sweet.

I'd be curious to know a little more about your revised heater setup. I believe you said you put it into your air intake box. Is that right? So the tempered lung room air is drawn into the box, warmed and humidified and then pumped/exhausted into the grow pod? I find dark cycle heating difficult at best and am always looking for new ideas. Is this still working well?

Diggin those pods. Onward and upward.

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Been a minute or 2 man, I been hit bad with a virus, it kicked my pale ass real bad! Bouncing back good though, hope all is well with you guys. I'll be back later for a chin wag and some overdue updates.

Peace
HGO

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Been a minute or 2 man, I been hit bad with a virus, it kicked my pale ass real bad! Bouncing back good though, hope all is well with you guys. I'll be back later for a chin wag and some overdue updates.

Peace
HGO

HGO you know I've fought my health battles ...hope you feel better real soon.

Bobble you do whatever you want to do, you know I will have your back, I was just surprised the other day with your recent comments, kinda stripped my head gears BUT it is YOUR life, so I support ANY decision you make. I personally hope you'll keep your fingers green somewhat because you have changed my growing ability like about a bizzalion percent! And your a good friend! :tiphat:

Oh and I am SOOO jealous of your new Blumats I think your runs will only get BETTER now!

bobblehead

Veteran
Your welcome. Really sorry to hear that about MI economy. I wouldn't have thought you could buy anything but a total POS for that money.

Nice with the new equipment. Blumats sound sweet.

I'd be curious to know a little more about your revised heater setup. I believe you said you put it into your air intake box. Is that right? So the tempered lung room air is drawn into the box, warmed and humidified and then pumped/exhausted into the grow pod? I find dark cycle heating difficult at best and am always looking for new ideas. Is this still working well?

Diggin those pods. Onward and upward.

The current state of our economy is very sad... but it's in large part due to the mindset of the people. Michigan is a blue-collar state, full of unions. People expect the company to take care of them. When the car companies started losing market share, so did Michigan... and most chose to remain complacent instead of adapting. I will not be one of those people.

I find that putting the space heater inside of the intake box saves my ass when it comes to low night time temps. I cut the side off a tough tote, taped an air filter over it, cut off a small side, attached the humidifier... The hot air helps to evaporate the water and make the humidifier work even better. With the space heater in the room, it didn't even make a difference, b/c the heat just got pulled up to the ceiling and out. The air has to be warmed before it even get into the room to make a difference. Why heat the lung room? ya know?

I'm going to build my own environmental controller, or set up a series of environmental controllers at some point soon... right now I have to make too many manual adjustments. I didn't really have loads of money coming into this to do a complete build out, and then get started... There's a greater sense of urgency to get things done when you have plants dying anyway... ha ha...

Peace
HGO

Get well bro! Take some vitamins or something.

HGO you know I've fought my health battles ...hope you feel better real soon.

Bobble you do whatever you want to do, you know I will have your back, I was just surprised the other day with your recent comments, kinda stripped my head gears BUT it is YOUR life, so I support ANY decision you make. I personally hope you'll keep your fingers green somewhat because you have changed my growing ability like about a bizzalion percent! And your a good friend! :tiphat:

Oh and I am SOOO jealous of your new Blumats I think your runs will only get BETTER now!

Bro, I said I'm getting out of commercial growing... I never said I was quitting completely... ;) Currently, I make more as a grower than I could with my limited work experience and education. In 4 more years I'll be more educated than anyone else I know my age... and at that point, it would make more sense for me to invest time into a lucrative career in the healthcare industry. I'm making my cash grab now while the market still exists, and stepping out. I don't want to deal with setting up a new network when my guy gets popped, or bugs infecting crops the rest of my life... Who cares if the grow in your spare bedroom has a hiccup? Running a house is a whole different story, and I don't have a partner. There will come a time soon when my time is better used doing other things. Right now this is going to get me there.

Anyway dude... thanks. I listened to your voice-mail and I about fell on the floor laughing...

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Yeah. I was gonna say don't dump the house as is. If you end up paying $11k and paying the place off and it goes to shit, you'll still have the land. Lakeside property is a nice place to retire someday... or camp... or run to in case of zombie apocalypse.