What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

bobblehead overtakes

D

DaveTheNewbie

so thats the end of bobblepods / bobbleracks then?
the future is just beds with horizontal lights?
thats not a bad thing.

your threads gonna be missed.

Kit Kat

Damn, I have a weird empty feeling after following this thread for so long now.

Good luck bobblehead - looking forward to the next one!

bobblehead

Veteran
so thats the end of bobblepods / bobbleracks then?
the future is just beds with horizontal lights?
thats not a bad thing.

your threads gonna be missed.

Thanks Dave. Yes, this is the end of my vertical rack grows. IDK why everyone assumes I'm jumping ship and putting all of my lamps in reflectors. The general consensus is that it's easier to grow with reflectors, so most of my growing will be horizontal. I still plan on experimenting while staying within my legal plant count. I have ducting that runs through my new room that really limits my height in part of the room. I'll probably have some vertical lamps in this part. I will have 3 beds illuminated horizontally, I promise that.

I'm not a closet grower anymore... Most of you are. Horizontal grows really maximize the space. Try managing 10kw... Its some real work. Anyway, I'm not gonna keep going on and on about the benefits of horizontal growing and give you guys more fuel to flame me... ha ha... :hotbounce

bobblehead

Veteran
Damn, I have a weird empty feeling after following this thread for so long now.

Good luck bobblehead - looking forward to the next one!

It is bittersweet indeed. It wasn't easy to make the decision to pull the plug and let this house sit empty... Times change though, and the lake house has outlived its usefulness.

..AND DONT LET IT HIT YA IN THE ASS ON THE WAY OUT!

just kidding. :cathug: Dug the thread, diggin' the class-act in the sayonara.

:wave:

:laughing: Hey you wanna learn how to process bubble on a large scale? :D I'm gonna be busy for days.

bobblehead, I enjoyed the ride from day one,thanks.

Thank you for riding along.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
all good things must end....
even things with gross moldy ceilings must end...
bigups on the successful op and the decision to move on, i'll be watching where things go from here!

SecondAttempt

Later man... hope you can still drop into my thread sometime, and when you start a new one I'll be there to watch... even if you use reflectors.

Arminius

"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"
Veteran
Thanks for your awesome contributions to the community! Thanks to you, my new GF has already staked claim on the largest USD bud I have grown, at week 8... The least I could do for her forking out $700 for two bonsai heroes ;)
I totally get downsizing for the greater good. After crunching the numbers in a spreadsheet, I will likely downsize after this summer myself. Risk vs Reward...

MIway

Veteran
bobble aint goin nowhere, just adapting and overcoming... it all good in da hood

damn man... that garage... im boiling my eye balls tonight just to make sure! do a d, burn that bitch down to the ground ;-)

RM - aquagrower

That garage IS pretty damn nasty. Looks like the roof leaking, along with no attic ventilation, no insulation/vapot barrior (esp in the crawl) and the resulting condensation did ya in.

I too am in the same general area (great lakes state) and have worked on a shit load of those little cottages (at least they startd off as cottages, never origionally ment to be full time residences). Always cobbled together with additions tied into additions, usually with some pretty "interesting" construction methods.

One thing to keep in mind is that it is usually FAR easier/cheaper to get a permit for an addition than it is to get one for new construction. Around here it is common to save 1 wall when ya tear the place down, and build off of that. That way the new house ain't "new construction", it's a remodel. Just something to think about.

Anyways, I too am sorry to see this thread come to an end. It's been an epic journey, and i have really enjoyed following along. Learned quite a bit and even built me a pair of "Bobble inspired" flip rooms.

Thank you!

bobblehead

Veteran
So Long, and Thanks for All the Plants. :tiphat:

I did kill a lot of plants, didn't I? :D

Hi, bobblehead.

Good thread.

Best,
/SRGB/

Thanks!

I think you meant fish?

Wait what? bobble you were growing FISH?!

:laughing:

You must be high... ha ha...

Wait what? Damn it. You killed the thread on memorial weekend.

What does that have to do with anything? lol...

Best of luck in your new endeavor. Promix FTMFW

Thanks Veg! I have 3 bales of pro-mix out in the shed... Bought them in bulk. They came out to $29.38 a piece. A hell of a lot cheaper than the botanicare cocogro I was using, and better results!

all good things must end....
even things with gross moldy ceilings must end...
bigups on the successful op and the decision to move on, i'll be watching where things go from here!

Especially things with gross moldy ceilings must come to an end!

Thanks Avi. Its better to end things on your own than have them ended for you! I'm officially out of felony territory!

Later man... hope you can still drop into my thread sometime, and when you start a new one I'll be there to watch... even if you use reflectors.

I'll be around dude... No worries.

Thanks for your awesome contributions to the community! Thanks to you, my new GF has already staked claim on the largest USD bud I have grown, at week 8... The least I could do for her forking out $700 for two bonsai heroes ;)
I totally get downsizing for the greater good. After crunching the numbers in a spreadsheet, I will likely downsize after this summer myself. Risk vs Reward...

ha ha... You have a cool girlfriend. Good call on the bonsai heros! They're life savers! I've seen picture of what the twister does to buds... totally mangles them. If the buds get mangled with the bonsai hero, you're doing something wrong. I love mine and I would buy them 10x over.

bobble aint goin nowhere, just adapting and overcoming... it all good in da hood

damn man... that garage... im boiling my eye balls tonight just to make sure! do a d, burn that bitch down to the ground ;-)

Just spray a little physan in your eyes, you'll be good! ha ha... I've considered hiring some D boys to burn my house down so I can collect on the insurance... but I don't need to go to jail for insurance fraud... So I'll just wait it out and save some money, do things right.

That garage IS pretty damn nasty. Looks like the roof leaking, along with no attic ventilation, no insulation/vapot barrior (esp in the crawl) and the resulting condensation did ya in.

I too am in the same general area (great lakes state) and have worked on a shit load of those little cottages (at least they startd off as cottages, never origionally ment to be full time residences). Always cobbled together with additions tied into additions, usually with some pretty "interesting" construction methods.

One thing to keep in mind is that it is usually FAR easier/cheaper to get a permit for an addition than it is to get one for new construction. Around here it is common to save 1 wall when ya tear the place down, and build off of that. That way the new house ain't "new construction", it's a remodel. Just something to think about.

Anyways, I too am sorry to see this thread come to an end. It's been an epic journey, and i have really enjoyed following along. Learned quite a bit and even built me a pair of "Bobble inspired" flip rooms.

Thank you!

Yeah I've been told that. I was thinking about having the house removed and selling the land... Ready to build with drain field, well, and electric... but maybe it would be easier to sell with a house on it? So much to consider. Its not like I have to make the decision overnight... I still have to pay the house off... Which shouldn't take too long now. Maybe 6-8 months.

The construction in northern Michigan is a trip! You hit the nail on the head with the cobbled additions... The whole thing was a big DIY project for someone. I'm no contractor, but I know they didn't do things right. Like the 20A breakers and 14g wire. Drywall cut into small sections so that someone was able to hang it by themselves. What a nightmare to tape and mud, and no wonder they never did it and simply put paneling over the drywall!

Its all good though... I made my money back on this house, and bought another one. This operation while not a smashing success, was far from a failure.

and once again... I'm out of felony territory! YEAH!

:thank you: