What's new

BM-504's, Trainwreck X Chem DD

oregon_guy

Hellow fellow Ic'ers,
I have been itching to get these started but had to wait until I could get some room in the tent.

picture.php

So with BM's permission, I thought I would go ahead and start a thread on these. Here is the info that BM gave me:

"The mom is the Arcata TW/E-32 cut that was Dr. Jays fave done in 56 days....the Dad wad a SD leaning ChemDD stud..his sisters went 65-70 days. Should be some killer phenos to be had."

The basics:
400 watt HPS for Flower
(8) 26 watt blue cfl's for veg
Commercial Soilless mix
Flora Nova nutes
Beer cup through 3 gallon pots and bags

Soaked 5 beans in water for 24 hours, 4 of 5 popped open in that 24 hour period. They then went directly into the soil, within 3 days all 5 were above ground. It has now been about a week since they broke ground.

Great big thanks to BM for getting this strain out to the people. This is the first time I have run either the TW or the Chem. Looking forward to this one!!! I will try to provide weekly updates as they continue their journey.

:joint:

oregon_guy

Lambs,
Thanks for stopping by. I hope that you can stick around to see how these do.

I had the camera out so I went ahead and snapped some more pics. Lets just call this week 1 veg:

No problems so far!!!

oregon_guy

Uncle,
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully your new pad will have a nice growing area :smoker:. I get burned out really fast smoking the same strains so I like to do new stuff as often as I can. I am excited to try out some of this tw cross, as far as I know I have never smoked any before.

oldpink

Un - Retired,
Administrator
Veteran
looking great so far
and this is what the auctions are all about showing new strains and crosses from IC mag Menbers
please keep this thread updated I'd love to see how it goes, I'm also a fan of CFL's for vegging
I used 8 x 32's mixed blue & red for years racked in a 4' x 2' format over 10 x 10l drippers I built myself
for vegging just about every grow I did, and it always gave me great results

and I'll be listing some more BM504 lots on bay very soon so keep an eye out folks

OP

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran

oregon_guy

Wow, always nice to see the King pop in and post!! OP, Maj and BM big :respect: to all three of you.

After reading what OP and Maj said about CFL's, I think I will exchange a couple of the blue CFL's with some warm one's. I have been thinking I should have a mixed spectrum in the veg tent and now I am convinced lol.

Op, for sure I will keep this post updated.
Maj, thanks for the great info on the CFL's.
BM, thanks again for sharing these genetics!!

oregon_guy

Hey Joe, thanks for stopping by. How's it going?

Well here is a pic update, they are about 3 weeks into veg. I have a question for any other TW growers, I have read that the true TW has pretty floppy stems. 3 of the 5 here has shown quite thin stalks, I have had to hold the plant upright when I watered for awhile. They are better now, just curious if this is from the TW gene?

bkind

Whatsup OG! Lookin' good! I dunno about the TW having weak stems but i'll ask my friend who grows it. Someone might answer here first though... Some great genetics here!

I

idoreallytry

alright bro you doing your thing over there i see as well homie,,peace

LAMBS-BREAD

Veteran

So heatly, i love the color and shape it already show signs of quality gens...
I have a ten pack of Flo x Wreck, i guess the wreck used have similar background that the one used here. can't wait to try them...
Wish the best for the next steps...

Peace

oregon_guy

bkind,
Thanks for stopping by. Hope that you stick around to see how these turn out.

Ido,
I thought you might be slowing down until I seen your new thread lol. Keep growing bro!!!

LAMBS-BREAD,
Thanks for stopping in bro. I wish you the best of luck on that Flo cross. You will have to keep us posted on how that turns out. Is that cross from BM as well?

Here is a quick update for tonight. The babies grow up fast don't they? lol. They are all growing quite well right now. It seems that 2 or 3 of the plants have kind of weak stems which I have read is a trait of the wreck, I don't know though. I transplanted them into half gallon pots this past weekend, I also added some more perlite to my soilless mix to try and get a better root system on my plants.

Random pics at about 3 weeks veg:

I

idoreallytry

i will never slow down,,,there is pot to be smoked,,,peace and looking great btw

oregon_guy

Hey Ido, How are yours comming along? I need to get over to your threads soon.

Here are some random pics with a little less than a month veg time. These are in for a long veg as it will probably be another 30 days before I can harvest and make room in the flower tent for them.

oregon_guy

Here is an update at about 6 weeks:

All plants have a massive root system, within 2 weeks after transplanting, the roots are visible through the drain holes at the bottom of the pot. I credit this to adding 25 percent more perlite to the mix and getting rid of the bags. This is what I was looking for and I believe what was keeping my yeilds down. I am anxious to see if the better root system will aid in larger yeilds, well that and I also just started using a better spectrum hps bulb. The stems are somewhat floppy and I think this is from the Trainwreck gene. Some of the bottom leafs are turning yellow but I am thinking that is the energy being used up for the upper leafs. I am not going to worry about it unless the yellow starts traveling up the plant.

Pheno 1
This pheno is showing strong female preflowers. I am going to take a couple of cuttings and throw this one into flower the next couple of days.

Pheno 2
Still not showing sex yet.

Pheno 3
Not showing any sex yet.

Pheno 4
Showing female pre flowers

Pheno 5
This pheno has slightly narrower leaves that the others. They looked kind of wrinkly but I think it is due to being a little scrunched up to the tent and needing transplanting. It will get transplanted and given more room in a couple of days. Not showing sex.

oregon_guy

Well just as the preflowers had shown, Number 1 and 4 are female. Number 2, 3 and 5 were male.

#1 pheno at day 19 of 12/12:

Pheno # 4 at day 15 of 12/12:

oregon_guy

Here is a pic update on the #1 plant. Imo, she is looking very nice at less than a month of 12/12. Both phenos had a healthy stretch and topped out at about 4 1/2 feet with quite a few budding areas on the top 1/3 of the plant. She is quite frosty already.

TW X Chem #1 at day 26 of 12/12:

picture.php