What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blynx's 1 sqft CFL cab & other CFL micro cabs

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Blynx,

With this extended testing of the 1 square foot. i would LOVE to see you add co2 and compare your overall yield from an enriched environment to a passive environment. a sentinel with a bottle is the dream set up. I'm working on just that for my cab so i can do some testing on gains using it in the micro enviroment. its probably more then a few months off, with the exception of superpedro i know of no one using it in a micro environment....

Sorry but it will never happen with my current setups because it would call for a complete re-design of the cabs.

IMO, adding CO2 is only beneficial if you can saturate the plants in a CO2 environment, ie in a completely enclosed/air tight area.

All my cabs have constant flowing air to keep bulbs/plants cool and keep bringing new air into the cab.

I would have to shut off the fans while the lights are on, flood it with CO2 and then let it sit for a while. This would heat up my cabs too much and negatively affect, if not kill, my plants.

If I keep ventilation going and just add co2 to the airflow passing through the cab, I don't believe any minimal benefit you might get would be worth the trouble/hassle/modifications/etc.

I think you'd have to use a heat shield (plexiglass/glass) in order to create an airtight area while lights are on.

Unfortunately I don't like this design and will never use it. I'd rather keep the air cool and let the plants get up into/next to/above the bulbs and not have any light/height loss due to a piece of plexiglass/glass.

Buddle

Veteran
Impressive yields and buds :)

Impressive yields and buds :)

The C99 BX1 has finished drying.

Here's a shot of the larger buds

picture.php

and a shot of all the buds

picture.php

and here's the final weight

picture.php

The yield was 31.67 grams of nice dense pineapple smelling C99 BX1

I don't think this is too bad for an area that is only .84 sqft in size.

Very nice Blynx :) I love the resin stain on your tare button too.Just like mine.lol.Happy tokin friend.I love pineapple too and I KNOW you've got her tasting delicious.Have you ever had the Green Crack cut.I tasted some yesterday and she very nice on the palate and also a sativa..peace BL
P.S. Imo,and this is only based on experience not scientific fact, Constant fresh air is a big reason you get the hard buds,good yields etc. I have a cab with loads of fresh air going through all the time and I do fine..

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very nice Blynx :) I love the resin stain on your tare button too.Just like mine.lol.Happy tokin friend.I love pineapple too and I KNOW you've got her tasting delicious.Have you ever had the Green Crack cut.I tasted some yesterday and she very nice on the palate and also a sativa..peace BL
P.S. Imo,and this is only based on experience not scientific fact, Constant fresh air is a big reason you get the hard buds,good yields etc. I have a cab with loads of fresh air going through all the time and I do fine..

Thanks Buddle, good to see you around!

I've never tried GC. I've heard she's fast but not heard much about the smoke itself.

I also think constant fresh air is key, especially for micro cabs.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
hey blinks I am with u all the way about the co2. my setup is kind of like urs just a little bigger. and yah the heat is my main concern. I try keeping my cab between 69-80 temps.

anyway Im sure ull have another nice garden growen for the holidays.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's the scrog cab at the end of it's first week of flowering

C99 BX1

Day 07 Flower

picture.php

The right side of the cab, where the really old growth is, isn't as filled in as the rest. Hopefully there is enough new growth to make up for it.

:joint:

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's the 1sq ft cab at the end of the second week of flowering

1 sqft CFL Cab

picture.php

picture.php

is that a particular pheno that you chose from the c99 bx1s? or just random? do you have any opinions on how the phenos fair in general? it would seem that you like it since you've got it going on :D

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
is that a particular pheno that you chose from the c99 bx1s? or just random? do you have any opinions on how the phenos fair in general? it would seem that you like it since you've got it going on :D

I was hoping to find the pineapple pheno and did. I had started a couple seeds, got one male and 2 females. One female was more grapefruit and I didn't like her structure/growth as much as the pineapple pheno I kept, so I dropped her.

The pineapple pheno I kept also produces nice dense buds, which I like. I'm not a big fan of airy buds.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's the scrog cab at the end of the 2nd week of flowering

C99 BX1

Day 14 Flower

picture.php

As you can see, my inexperience with scrogs shines through lol.

The canopy is way overgrown due to the stretch. It's almost hitting the top of the cab and growing up into the lights and there is still another week of stretch left. Guess I'll be trying to supercrop a scrog, ah well, live and learn.

jcUK

So whats the plan? Will you need to supercrop the scrog? How will that work?

You said that you could fill in around where the old growth was, i this all filled in now?

Also just about to start a scrog myself and wondering how full I should let the screen get before I start the flower?

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So whats the plan? Will you need to supercrop the scrog? How will that work?

You said that you could fill in around where the old growth was, i this all filled in now?

Also just about to start a scrog myself and wondering how full I should let the screen get before I start the flower?

The supercropping I plan on doing is just to keep the plants from touching the lights and burning.

The old growth is alive, it just didn't stretch up at all like the new growth did. The whole scrog kinda overgrown at this point and I'm not sure if it's going to work good or not.

This is really my first true attempt at scrog. The first was just sticking 2 large plants under and screen and flowering them. This round I actually let the plants grow up and out along the screen.

I'm probably not the best person to ask about scrog. There are many others here with lots more scrog experience than me that can help you out a lot more than I can.

shawkmon

Pleasantly dissociated
Veteran
lol i want to make a funny joke about scroggin cause that was old term for having sex but ill refrain since its 1 of my resolutions to give up sex talk unless its cannabis related, anyhoo looks like a frickin jungle in there , good luck and happy new year blynx

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's the 1sq ft cab at the end of the third week of flowering

1 sqft CFL Cab

picture.php

picture.php

superpedro

Veteran
I like how you keep on growing in the small cabs, while many change into bigger setups after a few. You just build more, continue and get the highest yield possible with your setup. :D

True micro warior right here!