What's new

Blynx's 1 sqft CFL cab & other CFL micro cabs

4Dbox

Got to be one of the best threads I have read.

Thanks

My first post is to second that! I retired my diy cobs and replaced them with 9w and 15w Ecosmart 2.7k after reading this thread. Fantastic Citizen Science work gentlemen.
Also, so thankful to find this place, I'm a r/microgrowery refugee. Image is of my last micro in a 6" x 6" pot vegged under sil blurples, then white cobs . 46g dry weight, smooth as silk high.

Attachments

• IMG_20181223_140001_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20181223_140001_hdr.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 33

starke

My first post is to second that! I retired my diy cobs and replaced them with 9w and 15w Ecosmart 2.7k after reading this thread. Fantastic Citizen Science work gentlemen.
Also, so thankful to find this place, I'm a r/microgrowery refugee. Image is of my last micro in a 6" x 6" pot vegged under sil blurples, then white cobs . 46g dry weight, smooth as silk high.

Good looking plant. Congrats.

Janari

Love your thread,it was something that inspired me when was younger!
Please keep up that good vibe - its so mystical what you can do with only 1sq.

Cheers from Estonia!

Hey Blynx! Long time no see! Do you still have that 126W Penetrator we sent you all those years ago? Would be happy to get you one of our latest models to get you back on track with LEDs :)

Johndough6969

Had to create a account just to tell you blynx you are a true saint and I will see to it statues are built in your honor

You have saved me hundreds with increased yields!

Have you attempted to mix led SIL and cfl? I'm currently running 80w led and 120w cfl in 3.5 cf seeing amazing results

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's the last run in my led cab. A friend grew out a bagseed and gave me a cut so I figured I would try it in my micro cab. It's got a sweet taste/smell, is frosty and good social bud. Ready at 63 days but I got lazy harvesting so this is later.

Bagseed

Day 72 Flower

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php
[/FONT]

picture.php
[/FONT]

picture.php
[/FONT]

picture.php
[/FONT]

picture.php

[/FONT]
After this run the cab was used to veg some different bagseed cuts from my friend that I didn't end up running lol.

I am going make a new light fixture for this cab and lower the wattage to 60w. I'm around 45w/sqft with the 80w and I think that's too much wattage so I want to see how 35w/sqft does.

alohamahalo

damn Blynx. Killing it as usual. Used to follow your thread back before I had my kid and had to stop growing for the wife’s happiness and comfort. I love the progression and evolution of your box. Definitely gonna try something similar when I start up again in my loft. Recently got the green light from the wife and in the research process of it all. I might have missed it while catching up but what soil mix are you running now days and what nutes(if any?) are you using? The amount you’re pulling at harvests is amazing and awesome for the initial investment as well as electric bills. Loving the grows and gonna be following along for the ride from here on out. Mahalos in advance!

imakandi

hello
blynx

thank for good thread, information is valuable for me

can ask question?
how you connect pc ventilator on top of cabin? to electricity?
do you have a fan moving air inside or only air flow to extractor?
thank again
top grow

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hello
blynx

thank for good thread, information is valuable for me

can ask question?
how you connect pc ventilator on top of cabin? to electricity?
do you have a fan moving air inside or only air flow to extractor?
thank again
top grow

My LED cab has a small PC fan hanging from the top on the left side of the cab. There is an inline fan outside the cab that draws air through a large hole in the top of the cab on the right side.

You can see the fan/hole in this pic.

picture.php

[/FONT]
The pc fan is connected to a small DC adapter and the wire run through a small hole in the back of the cab. The inline fan is connected to a small carbon filter sandwich I made with wood, hardware cloth, plastic screen door screening & activated carbon that sits on top of the large hole outside the cab.

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
Hi Blynx, I've always wondered how many grows your filter can work properly for until it's time to change the charcoal.

Micro G.

Hi everybody!
Blynx I'm trying your method in my 14" x 14" grow room. At first I bought cheap led strips that in the end were too weak...even 33 ft of strip wasn't enough.
So I remember I had some led bulbs left over and they were 6000K and 2700K all between 11w and 13w. So I put 4 of them in my grow room and I'm testing it right now. Immediately it appears way brighter then with those led strips BUT, the temperature 4" below the bulb raise to 93F with the inline fan almost at its maximum speed.

How do you keep temperature under control with twice as much bulbs?

Swanson

Micro g., look into negative pressure, you may need a bigger intake hole for proper air flow. Wouldn't stress about it though. I don't think 93 f at 4" is too bad, that's pretty close. I'm sure my temp is up there too at that distance. My canopy temp is 87 right now at 6-8" away from LEDs. I had temps to 110 f on one run with CFLs and it finished ok. Just watch for heat induced leaf taco and adjust branches that are getting to close to bulbs.

Micro G.

You are right. My grow room was designed for cheap led strip and the inline fan could run way slower. But these led bulbs...they are no joke, i thought they were a bit cooler than they actually are. And I'm using only 4 of them. 3x 12W and 1 x11W. Whit eight of them should be impossible form me...
My grow room was built to be as stealth as possible and running the inline fan full power is everything but stealthy.
The only other option would be buying a new led 5m strip with 5050 SMD that should be 4200 lumen...but I already those bulbs...

Another problem is that I have the carbon filter inside the grow room so I really have a little space for the plant to grow...the grow room is 14"x14"x27" and in this 27" I have pot, filter, and of course one day, a plant.

Herbal Tea

You are right. My grow room was designed for cheap led strip and the inline fan could run way slower. But these led bulbs...they are no joke, i thought they were a bit cooler than they actually are. And I'm using only 4 of them. 3x 12W and 1 x11W. Whit eight of them should be impossible form me...
My grow room was built to be as stealth as possible and running the inline fan full power is everything but stealthy.
The only other option would be buying a new led 5m strip with 5050 SMD that should be 4200 lumen...but I already those bulbs...

Another problem is that I have the carbon filter inside the grow room so I really have a little space for the plant to grow...the grow room is 14"x14"x27" and in this 27" I have pot, filter, and of course one day, a plant.

My space is the same as yours & I'm running 4x15. Had to integrate an ice bottle air conditioning into the back wall for not summers. Works pretty well & keeps the humidity in check. I don't use any carbon filtering, I find that smell isn't intense because I use 16oz cups the plants can't create enough biomass so a auto air freshener seems to be enough to control it. I've done plants in 1 litre pots & filled the box with 1 canopy & still no problem.

Micro G.

I'm very interested in this topic. My plant is now 5-6 days in flowering stage.

Yesterday i've changed the lights with 4x11W 2700K led bulbs. I have to say that the last time I did this stuff it was 15 years ago, but I can remember my dear friend, which was also my neighbour, tell me "dude I can smell that plant from the stairways". My plant now has just started flowering but I have to say that till now i've not used the filter too. I can smell something only when I open the grow room and get close to it. For now I only keep a tiny fan always going inside the grow room and leave door ajar, and still I have to concentrate to smell anything when I enter the room in which the plant is.

I have to admit that I didn't know that in a 16oz cups the plants can't create enough biomass to smell and I am super interested about this matter. Growing in a 16 oz cups it's exactly what I would like to do next time. I'm looking to build a 8"x8" grow room for some different reasons. The first reason is that it can be an even stealthier solution, the second is that I'm really interested in growing only one small compact plant because I really need about 10-15 grams once in a while. I'm really a casual smoker this day...I grow weed because it's cool! The third is that 8"x8" it's less then a half of a square foot so 2x 11W led bulbs should be enough which means growing weed will be 50% cheaper! Blynx sayd 45W for square foot should be perfect. Now I'm using 44W and I have a little over one square foot so 22W should be fair enough for a super micro grow room. AND, if what you are saying is true, Herbal Tea, I could get rid of the huge carbon filter I have and build an even tinyer growroom.

Herbal Tea search for Stunted.art on instagram...the guy is crazy...he can grow weed in a 3ml pot but he usually use 60ml(2 oz) cups as pot...i'm not interested in this but I'm really looking froward to a Super Micro Grow room so I'm really interested in your 16 oz grow!

Latest posts

Latest posts