What's new

Blynx's 1 sqft CFL cab & other CFL micro cabs

q3corn

This C99 x Shire (SSSDH) is a cross I made a couple years ago so there are no seeds available. The Shire (SSSDH) cut I have threw a single nanner. I used that to pollinate the C99 I run and I only got a couple seeds. I started two and this is the one I kept because it grows like C99 (dense buds) and smells like the Shire (SSSDH). I usually take it down between 63-70 days.

I suspected it was a cross you made, but never knew! I've also never heard SSSDH be called shire. Is that a local name for it or something?

eddie.saw

I don't think I took any pics of the ventilation for this cab.

There are 6 two inch holes on the floor of the cab that are used for air intake. The outgoing ventilation is a 4" hole in the ceiling of the cab. I built a 'sandwich' carbon scrubber, ie a frame of wood that has a layer of activated carbon. This is placed over the 4" hole, attached to ducting and then to a 4" inline fan that is pulling air through the scrubber.

This C99 x Shire (SSSDH) is a cross I made a couple years ago so there are no seeds available. The Shire (SSSDH) cut I have threw a single nanner. I used that to pollinate the C99 I run and I only got a couple seeds. I started two and this is the one I kept because it grows like C99 (dense buds) and smells like the Shire (SSSDH). I usually take it down between 63-70 days.

Heya Blynx. :wave:
Love this cross.. Sounds like a killer smoke and grows so well in your cab. I have a cab similar in size with around 120 actual watts. 100 of that is blurple and other 20 is leds with the domes ripped off. One warm one cool. Seem like I should be doing one or two plants after watching your grow. Guess it's time to donate some plants or throw them somewhere discreet outdoors. :joint:

Anyways thanks for all you've done on ic. You've inspired me a lot that I can sustain my smoking habit in a microgrow. :tiphat:

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I suspected it was a cross you made, but never knew! I've also never heard SSSDH be called shire. Is that a local name for it or something?

It's the Shire cut of SSSDH found by Dr Longbottom. I suppose I should designate it as C99 x SSSDH (Shire cut).

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's the LED cab after nine weeks of flowering.

C99 x SSSDH (Shire Cut)

Day 63 Flower

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php
[/FONT]

picture.php
[/FONT]

picture.php
[/FONT]

picture.php
[/FONT]

picture.php
[/FONT]

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great thread mate.. may I ask how you estimate the amount of water you give the plant without any drainage holes?

As man0os said, you water when the soil starts drying out and the container feels lighter. I've been using this container to grow in for a while, so I know it doesn't take much watering early on when the plant is small, ie about every 3-4 days. When the plant is full on flowering, it might need to be watered every other day.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's the LED cab after ten weeks of flowering.

C99 x SSSDH (Shire cut)

Day 70

picture.php
[/FONT]

picture.php
[/FONT]

picture.php
[/FONT]

picture.php
[/FONT]

picture.php
[/FONT]

Usually I chop at ten weeks, but she went another week cuz I got lazy.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's the LED cab after eleven weeks of flowering.

C99 x SSSDH (Shire cut)

Day 77 Flower

picture.php
[/FONT]

picture.php
[/FONT]

picture.php
[/FONT]

picture.php
[/FONT]

picture.php
[/FONT]

She has been chopped. Got a GG#4 that is ready to go for the next round.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's the results from the last run

C99 x SSSDH (Shire Cut)

77 Days flowering

all buds

picture.php
[/FONT]

Dry weight

picture.php
[/FONT]

Very happy with 2.5 oz.

On the fence as to whether the the approx 33% increase in lights from 60w (10w x 6) to 80w (10w x 8) is worth the difference in weight I'm getting from 80w vs 60w.

Next run will be GG#4 with 80w. Might do a 60w run after that.

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
On the fence as to whether the the approx 33% increase in lights from 60w (10w x 6) to 80w (10w x 8) is worth the difference in weight I'm getting from 80w vs 60w.

Killing it as usual :huggg:

I'm going to be lazy - what the dimensions / watts per sqft are in the cab at 60w / 80w? Basically trying to figure out if theres a rough correlation between wattage and output (33% saw a 20% increase in output, and so on)

less is more, id say a baseline is about 15-20 grams, you could get that with 10watts
and you can raise the yield to 40ish and beyond 50 youre gonna hit that wall of diminishing value so to say, getting 100gr would take 5x more "effort" than 30gram but its only 3x less

disclaimer all number are based on magic, make believe and fairy dust!

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Very Nice Blynx... It seems like you really got your cab dialled in after all these runs...

It would be interesting to see how 50w-100w of COB LED, Vero 29s would do on your cab, I bet that would help you reach your new goal!

Excellent job as usual my friend! Keep rocking this cab, it's legendary already!

Peace!

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Killing it as usual :huggg:

I'm going to be lazy - what the dimensions / watts per sqft are in the cab at 60w / 80w? Basically trying to figure out if theres a rough correlation between wattage and output (33% saw a 20% increase in output, and so on)

Cab is 22.5" x 11" = 1.72 sqft

80w / 1.72sqft = 46.5 watts/sqft
60w / 17.2sqft = 34.88 watts/sqft

Difference going from 60w to 80w is 33% increase.

Best way to test this would be to do a run or two of C99 x SSSDH (Shire cut) under 60 watts to see what I get. Might do that after the GG#4 run.

Latest posts

Latest posts