What's new

Blynx's 1 sqft CFL cab & other CFL micro cabs

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Blynx my man, I want what your smoking! That's some time altering stuff. Back on 8/10 you posted day 56 and now on 9/6 your posting day 63 and saying one week. You should call it Inception. lol Looking good as always, can't wait to see what's up next. Any old goodies that'll be coming outta storage in the next few rounds?

If you've followed my threads you've probably seen they don't usually follow the normal flow of time lol.

I was planning on posting the day 70 pics tomorrow, but now you're making me think I should actually wait a week ;)

I want to run some Chesaw under the LEDs but I didn't have one ready. I think the next round is going to be a Mob Boss.

:joint:

shawkmon

Pleasantly dissociated
Veteran
the chesaw is still alive woot ! i must tell the dr, my mob boss f3 is about to spit some pollen woot , glad ya growing the mb , i got a sccj/mb that hasnt sexed yet od, but should be soon, still getting 90+ hot days here ugg, lol at call it inception, haha blynx time is like the matrix

edit, went back and looked at 63 days , wow i bet that is gonna be some tasty smoke, i love how the plant is eating its own leaves, more pe3ople should try growing bud and not leaf, it makes for some awesome herb when the plant consumes itself at the end

Dr 4 four

If you've followed my threads you've probably seen they don't usually follow the normal flow of time lol.

I was planning on posting the day 70 pics tomorrow, but now you're making me think I should actually wait a week ;)

I want to run some Chesaw under the LEDs but I didn't have one ready. I think the next round is going to be a Mob Boss.

:joint:
Chesaw!!! I can't wait to see how that does with leds and Mob Boss should make for some extra dense buds under those leds. Since switching to leds, have you noticed any tops start to grow albino?

je'rome

Awesome grow blynx. Always wondered if this was possible. By any chance could you do a run in the 11"x11" with the 6 plants under these LED's & compare results?

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Chesaw!!! I can't wait to see how that does with leds and Mob Boss should make for some extra dense buds under those leds. Since switching to leds, have you noticed any tops start to grow albino?

Yes I've noticed some light bleaching and spiky/stacked calyx growth happening on some of the buds that are directly under the LEDs. I usually see this at the end of flowering.

Dr 4 four

Yes I've noticed some light bleaching and spiky/stacked calyx growth happening on some of the buds that are directly under the LEDs. I usually see this at the end of flowering.

Would you say that this is becoming a common occurrence compared to when you ran the cfls? Also, have you noticed it only happening to certain strains or just any top that's directly under the light?

Have you thought about adding 27k leds? Those vintage looking ones look to give a nice all around spread at 7w 800lm. I know I saw some that were 22 or 24k as well. Don't know if you've gotten your hands on some, but they'd be something interesting to review for your led comparisons.

Blynx. What is your recommendation for the distance between led bulbs? How close do they need to be together to keep from having poorly lit areas in between?

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's the LED cab after 70 days of flowering.

C99 x Shire (SSSDH)

Day 70 Flower

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php
[/FONT]

picture.php
[/FONT]

picture.php
[/FONT]

picture.php
[/FONT]

picture.php
[/FONT]

Chop time.

shawkmon

Pleasantly dissociated
Veteran
big ole fat buds , blynx does it again , ug cant remeber my last guess but im going 63 grams total on the contest , closest without going over gets free seeds ! whats yer guess reeko?

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mob Boss is coming. Life's been keeping me busy and haven't had much time to play with the girls nor edit pics.

I picked up two small cabinets this summer that I would like to get converted to grow cabs later this fall/winter.

ice-cream

Just a quick note to say thanks blynx
I'm guessing you already know how insirational your threads and posts are. :woohoo:
Epic photos and documentation of the micro cabinets.
Hope all is well in your part of the world, and I know I'm not the only one looking forward to your next update :)

frica

How much gram/watt have you been averaging with these LEDs?

Also what bulb model are you using?
Still those 10 watt 800 lumen ones?

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Forgot to post the results from the last round.

C99 x Shire (SSSDH)

Day 70

Here's a shot of all the buds

picture.php
[/FONT]

some closeups

picture.php
[/FONT]

picture.php
[/FONT]

and final yield.

picture.php
[/FONT]

76g from 80w gives me .95 gpw, no complaints there.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Found some time to get some pics edited. Let's get the next round underway.

Here we have a Mob Boss before transplant

picture.php
[/FONT]

picture.php
[/FONT]

picture.php
[/FONT]

and after transplant