What's new

Blynx's 1 sqft CFL cab & other CFL micro cabs

starke

I have got to build me an off the shelf LED box for vegging. Went to Wally World yesterday to pick up some new CFLs for my steath box and Wally World no longer has CFLs - only LED and incandescents. Guess we are all on our way to LED in the future.

pANicModE

I have got to build me an off the shelf LED box for vegging. Went to Wally World yesterday to pick up some new CFLs for my steath box and Wally World no longer has CFLs - only LED and incandescents. Guess we are all on our way to LED in the future.
:laughing: CFL is the past.. future is now :woohoo: all of us or should say 90% of us are using LEDS .. cfls are junk next to LED :biggrin:

kasvi

Sorry if you mentioned this somewhere but what are dimensions of led cab and cfl scrog cab? Have you thought of running 20w leds instead of 10w?

starke

I wonder if I could just replace my existing CFLs with LEDs with the domes removed in my current air cooled hood. The lights would be horizontally oriented in relation to the plants as pictured below. Picture credit to BlueAdept from his how to thread on building the box I am using.

Opinions appreciated.

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wonder if I could just replace my existing CFLs with LEDs with the domes removed in my current air cooled hood. The lights would be horizontally oriented in relation to the plants as pictured below. Picture credit to BlueAdept from his how to thread on building the box I am using.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=71177&pictureid=1693747View Image

Opinions appreciated.

I don't think this would be optimal as the CFLs give 360 degrees of light whereas the LEDs give a more directional light...
Ideally you would come up with way of mounting the sockets vertically so the LEDs face directly downwards towards the plants.
But: The LED's don't produce that much heat, maybe you could do without the cooled hood ?
Or if you cannot change the setup, have a look at these corn-style bulbs, they give off light in all directions, like CFLs (but I guess the reflected LED light won't be as useful as the light that hits the planst directly...
good luck
CC

frica

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=71177&pictureid=1693747&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Opinions appreciated.
If you want to have them horizontal, you should keep the dome on.
Otherwise the LEDs are just shining on themselves.

Ideally this type of bulb would be great for that set up.
8718696517550-IMS-nl_NL

Or one with some other design inside the bulb to redirect the light, this one puts out a lot of light on the sides

8718291762461-IMS-nl_NL

But most ideal would be if you could mount a generic normal LED bulb vertically with the dome removed.

frica

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=71177&pictureid=1693747&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Opinions appreciated.

411sdg59H3L.jpg

Or one with some other design inside the bulb to redirect the light, this one puts out a lot of light on the sides

rVVMRI0N6Ngzh1XdOA.jpg

But most ideal would be if you could mount a generic normal LED bulb vertically with the dome removed.

frica

Opinions appreciated.

411sdg59H3L.jpg

rVVMRI0N6Ngzh1XdOA.jpg

The Philips filament style tend to be 100 lm/w with the 12 watt one being 118 lm/w.
The other type I linked tends to be less efficient.

300WLED30x30x60

Amazing thread. Im not quite uptogether enough to start my own thread. Id like to join in the sq ft challenge just for fun, i know i wont be breaking any records. Is it ok to ask a couple of questions here about my setup i bought so far? I dont want to butt in on this amazing thread though.

Peace !

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's the LED cab after vegging for a little over a week.

Mob Boss

Day 09 Veg

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php
[/FONT]

picture.php
[/FONT]

picture.php
[/FONT]

picture.php
[/FONT]

picture.php
[/FONT]

Vegging under 60w of daylight LED. One of these days I'll pick up another two bulbs so I can veg under 80w lol.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
how big is that pot how many liters?

It holds 3gals of soil.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]

Latest posts

Latest posts