What's new

Blynx's 1 sqft CFL cab & other CFL micro cabs

cannagate

I would go with option 2.

You will have a lot more flexibility with option 2. You can start all the plants flowering at the same time and harvest at the same time, or you can stagger flowering and have plants going in and out on a regular basis.

125w of CFL seems like a lot for veg, especially if you are talking a single 125w CFL.

If your option for LED is 12w, then I would use six or eight 12w LED bulbs for the veg area.

Start a thread, post your build and get growing!

Thanks for the reply Blynx. I am starting to design the cabinet.

You are the lord of the micro grows, keep up the good work!

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's the LED cab after three weeks of flowering.

C99 x Shire (SSSDH)

Day 21 Flower

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php
[/FONT]

picture.php
[/FONT]

picture.php
[/FONT]

picture.php
[/FONT]

picture.php
[/FONT]

M

Mr. Sparkle

She's coming along nicely, im sure you have answered this in the past, but who did your C99 originally come from and how did you find it as far as the plant/harvest/taste and smell.

Only tried one version so far but wouldn't mind trying some from other breeders just to see i i can find a good keeper to throw into the mix.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
She's coming along nicely, im sure you have answered this in the past, but who did your C99 originally come from and how did you find it as far as the plant/harvest/taste and smell.

Only tried one version so far but wouldn't mind trying some from other breeders just to see i i can find a good keeper to throw into the mix.

The C99 was Mosca's C99 BX1. The mom is a pineapple pheno with some funk in the smell. She's ready early 50s with rock hard buds and small amount of fan leaves. I had originally started two C99 x Shire (SSSDH) plants. The C99 x Shire (SSSDH) I kept has the Shire taste in it. The other plant (that I dropped) smelled/tasted like the C99 mom.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's the LED cab after four weeks of flowering.

C99 x Shire (SSSDH)

Day 28 Flower

picture.php
[/FONT]

picture.php
[/FONT]

picture.php
[/FONT]

picture.php
[/FONT]

picture.php
[/FONT]

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The canopy in the LED cab is lower than I'd like and kind of angled, so I decided to raise the container up and try to even the canopy out.

Here's the LED cab after five weeks of flowering.

C99 x Shire (SSSDH)

Day 35 Flower

picture.php
[/FONT]

picture.php
[/FONT]

picture.php
[/FONT]

picture.php
[/FONT]

picture.php
[/FONT]

shawkmon

Pleasantly dissociated
Veteran
id like to see what the cindy shire could do outside in the california sun, she seems to yeild above average, and i bet the flavor be even more awesome sun grown, updates coming soon i hope

N

Navigator

Here Xanode: Post #1717

Pretty much the same mix I've been using for a while now.

It's a 50-50 mix of new and used soil.

The new soil is a 3:1:1 mix of Promix:EWC:perlite. I use this mix for rooted cuts.

When a plant is done being trimmed, I run the rootball over a 1/2" hardware cloth screen to break the soil/roots up. Small pieces of root do make it through the screen, but I also end up with a larger mass includes the plant stump, oasis cube and roots. I throw that away. I then add some Biotone to the used soil and mix it up.

I have a tub that I mix the 50-50 (old-new) soil in and use that when transplanting from 3" to 6" containers and when transplanting from 6" to 3 gal for flowering.

The plants are mostly fed water. I do occasionally give them a little Age Old Bloom.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's the LED cab after six weeks of flowering.

C99 x Shire (SSSDH)

Day 42 Flower

picture.php
[/FONT]

picture.php
[/FONT]

picture.php
[/FONT]

picture.php
[/FONT]

picture.php
[/FONT]

Arf

How come you opted to tilt the bucket to level the canopy, instead of the usual tie down methods?

First thing I thought of was water draining to the low end might cause uneven moisture for the roots.

shawkmon

Pleasantly dissociated
Veteran
can water at the top of the slope slowly, he could take it out and water, ive used everything i can think of to get plants right under the light, and ive tilted too , got to make the adjustments looking frosty as heck already

yosun

Dimmable or non dimmable?

Dimmable or non dimmable?

I am sure you have already mentioned this, but may i ask if the led bulbs are dimmable or non?

CannaBruh

Very nice blynx! Someone had mentioned it, but I too would be curious what you might be able to accomplish with some COBs in there.

Latest posts

Latest posts