What's new

Blumat in Circles 5000w - 4 Circles

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Hey yall,

New place..2nd grow (at new place). Whipped this minimalistic grow up to get back in the swing of things.

Rather simple setup. Just 1k dropped down into a circle of around 12 plants in 2gal root pots. A total of 4 circles with 1k dropped in the middle to illuminate the middle/backside of the circles that face the middle...So...5k total - around 48 or so plants.

I've grown horizontally for years and turned a friend on barebones/budget. He was an instant success and I surprised that a new grower was hitting such nice yields..

So.. new spot - I set myself up the same way...only w/ blumats.
1st round I had to leave for 10 days and things got a little too close to the lamps which were caged..but it wasnt sufficient and the plants suffered. I still managed to pull down 7lbs + few jars for the head.

This round all circles are the same strain - bubblegum I was told. They stay short and dense so I'm guessing I'll beat last grows yield this round..

Anyways.. have a look.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Plant pics in a second..brb

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
So here we are.. 20 days into flower. I spared you the boring stuff..should be good from here.

New Agrosun Red bulbs put in room 2weeks into bloom.
Nutes are Head Recipe 6mL Micro / 9mL Bloom per Gallon. I'll start adding Bloombastic at 2mL/Gal here on my next top up.

Thats it really.. simple and effective. Gets the job done with minimal effort, time, and cost.

:woohoo:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

D

DHF

Respect for a job well done FF.....Thanks for the show and keep us updated with the most simple babyshit K.I.S.S. setup there is with Blumats....

Peace....DHF....:ying:....

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Did I read you pulled 7 elbows? I tip my hat to you...:tiphat:...your making me think I should just trash my stadium and go to 3 doughnuts and a few Blumats?

A quick question...are those 5 gallon pots?

D

DHF

The last time I saw Heath run his multi-flow setup with his Black Rose was almost exactly like you`re doin with plants circlin the bulbs but as you`ve got like 48 plants in the room....

If those are like an 8 week strain and they won`t stretch any more than like 22 days , Make sure ta drop those bulbs down where the top of the bulb socket is even with the tops of the plants ftw...

Relectix or the new high dollar "orca" film on the walls AND the ceiling will make yas happy come choptime guaranteed....anyways...

Blumats and bare bulbs rule...DHF....:ying:....

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Thanks all,

... 1st round in this place with new varieties ta boot. Also my 1st time personally growing like this. My experience is close to 10 yrs from 250w dresser grows ... to multiple K horizontal grows (both with 600w and 1000w lamps). Started running vertical out of simplicity sake and hit great yields with vertical sixers over square gardens (without the lamps even being dropped down into the canopy). Ran a JonJaffer style hydro stadium w/ a friend, but I was offsite so it didn't do to great. Since I've been keepin it simple and running coco w/ blumats for the last few years. I'm a hydro junkie but keep reverting back to coco because it gets it done..every time.. without issue.

2 lights were a stretchier not as dense strain. I wasnt happy with the density of the flowers but eh.. its gone.
2 lights were this stuff - bubblegum.

I hit 7lbs + about 4 standard ball jars that I didnt weigh. This was also eliminating 3 main colas which scorched themselves. The middle light due to heat sometimes was turned off..other times dialed to 600w... This round all bubblegum and they stay pretty squat so I dont think I'll see much more stretch.

The pots are half 2 Gal Plastic Pots & half 2 Gallon Root Pots from Roots Organics (not pictured), but I think I prefer smart pots more. I did 12 around each lamp, but its packed and 8 or so is likely better suited. 1st round I had to keep widening my circles until I ran out of room and things were still a little too close to the lamps. I'd be curious to see what I can do in 3-5 Gal smart pots with only 6-8 plants around each 1000w.

Vertical is the Truth!. I struggled to better 1lb per 1k when running horizontal..even after lots of growing. Now I'm in the 1.5lb per light range with ease. I'm looking to better that from here on out.:woohoo:

I'll be sure to keep you guys posted...other half of this basement space is foamboarded now.. 11'x16'. I have 9 600w at my disposal..had 12, but cannot locate the other 3. Boggles my mind.. cuz I have no idea what happened to them. As much as I dont see it.. I must have left them behind at the last rental..:bashhead:

catalyte

Veteran
way to go for your first time at this style of growing!!

I'm staying tuned for this one as i'm interested in this method for the future :yes:

St3ve

All right.. can't wait to see how this goes mang.

On a side note.. I would have vegged them a little longer and more vertical to make the most outta those vertical lights.

eyes

Veteran
what are u runing for nutes?

how often do u adjust the p.h or what do u set it at?

whats the ec or ppm of the nutrient in the barrels?

how often do u change the nutes or how long before there used up b4 a refill?

this will help people out who want to run the blumats in this type of setup.

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Appreciate you all pulling up a chair. I'll do my best not to disappoint.

Unfortunately I'm in a rural area and all of a sudden I cannot connect to 3g tower with my wifi internet. Hopefully its just a tower issue nearby, but I haven't had 3g in like 4 days making the internet pretty much unusable.

St3ve, This particular variety stays pretty stout. Because I have 12 around each light any longer veg would have overcroweded the circle. Even strains that typically stretch its unbelievable how little I get when running vertical. I do think your right though and plan to drop my # around each bulb to around 8 and veg a little longer. Even though this bubblegum stays really compact my last grow still gave me around 1.4lb per light despite the circle looking small.

eyes, I run FloraMicro and FloraBloom Head recipe (6ml micro/ 9ml bloom). I'll typically start to add Bloombastic at 1ml/gal around week 2 - increasing to 2ml/gal around week 4. This grow however hasn't been really specific. I added bloombastic last night for the 1st time around around day 24. Around 1mL/Gal. I'll be using drip clean next round as I'm getting conflicting info on adding it this late in the game with my medium potentially holding a lot of salts. I dont want to add DC now and all of a sudden cause lockout/toxicity.

I dont adjust my pH as after nutes its typically right around 5.8-6.1 however I tested each barrel last night and 1 was 5.5 while the others where 5.7. This is too low so I tossed in a little "gulp" of pH up and will test again tonight to see if its brought me up.
This blue GH pH Up seems pretty weak and I typically dont like to add UP to a already nuted barrel as I get clouding and potential precipitation. I'm out now but sometimes initially I'll use silica to bring me up.. and then my nutes bring me back into 6.0 range.

EC is around 1.6 - 1.8. I'm planning to dilute this down tonight as I think I might be a little hot. No burns but early signs of accumulated salts. My res management right now isnt the most accurate. I'm also on well water which I think is nearly 600pm..even after running through a Merlin RO it is around 150ish. I havnt changed my sediment & membranes in some time I might need to do that.. right now though.. no harm.

Nutes dont get changed..only added to/topped up. I'll start at 50 gallons and over the course of 2 weeks the plants will drink on that. When the barrel gets down to around 10-15 Gal I'll add back straight RO and mix according to 35-40 gallons that I just added. This isnt super accurate (in terms of how much water I had left and how much I added) which might be leading me to mix a little overkill..stronger over time.

1 Barrel is feeding 2 lights so it is consumed faster then the others..needing topped every 10 days or so. 1 barrel per 1000w light is definitely the way to go. I could leave for several weeks running them like that.

I'll keep you guys posted. I'm not the most detail oriented person when it comes to remembering/recording the finer aspects..hopefully this thread will help that. This is actually the 1st grow I've kept track of my flowering days. I typically just forget and watch them ripen and swell until the hairs "become one" with the flower rather then protruding out. I feel this gauges my doneness more accurately then trying to determine via trichome color. Note - I'm not gauging based on hair color.. but more when the bud swells into the hairs and they look full..this typically comes after a 2nd explosion of flower growth near the end.. Hard to explain.. there is a thread by someone somewhere on here about it. I recon I take em every bit of 65 days or so.

eyes

Veteran
Appreciate you all pulling up a chair. I'll do my best not to disappoint.

Unfortunately I'm in a rural area and all of a sudden I cannot connect to 3g tower with my wifi internet. Hopefully its just a tower issue nearby, but I haven't had 3g in like 4 days making the internet pretty much unusable.

St3ve, This particular variety stays pretty stout. Because I have 12 around each light any longer veg would have overcroweded the circle. Even strains that typically stretch its unbelievable how little I get when running vertical. I do think your right though and plan to drop my # around each bulb to around 8 and veg a little longer. Even though this bubblegum stays really compact my last grow still gave me around 1.4lb per light despite the circle looking small.

eyes, I run FloraMicro and FloraBloom Head recipe (6ml micro/ 9ml bloom). I'll typically start to add Bloombastic at 1ml/gal around week 2 - increasing to 2ml/gal around week 4. This grow however hasn't been really specific. I added bloombastic last night for the 1st time around around day 24. Around 1mL/Gal. I'll be using drip clean next round as I'm getting conflicting info on adding it this late in the game with my medium potentially holding a lot of salts. I dont want to add DC now and all of a sudden cause lockout/toxicity.

I dont adjust my pH as after nutes its typically right around 5.8-6.1 however I tested each barrel last night and 1 was 5.5 while the others where 5.7. This is too low so I tossed in a little "gulp" of pH up and will test again tonight to see if its brought me up.
This blue GH pH Up seems pretty weak and I typically dont like to add UP to a already nuted barrel as I get clouding and potential precipitation. I'm out now but sometimes initially I'll use silica to bring me up.. and then my nutes bring me back into 6.0 range.

EC is around 1.6 - 1.8. I'm planning to dilute this down tonight as I think I might be a little hot. No burns but early signs of accumulated salts. My res management right now isnt the most accurate. I'm also on well water which I think is nearly 600pm..even after running through a Merlin RO it is around 150ish. I havnt changed my sediment & membranes in some time I might need to do that.. right now though.. no harm.

Nutes dont get changed..only added to/topped up. I'll start at 50 gallons and over the course of 2 weeks the plants will drink on that. When the barrel gets down to around 10-15 Gal I'll add back straight RO and mix according to 35-40 gallons that I just added. This isnt super accurate (in terms of how much water I had left and how much I added) which might be leading me to mix a little overkill..stronger over time.

1 Barrel is feeding 2 lights so it is consumed faster then the others..needing topped every 10 days or so. 1 barrel per 1000w light is definitely the way to go. I could leave for several weeks running them like that.

I'll keep you guys posted. I'm not the most detail oriented person when it comes to remembering/recording the finer aspects..hopefully this thread will help that. This is actually the 1st grow I've kept track of my flowering days. I typically just forget and watch them ripen and swell until the hairs "become one" with the flower rather then protruding out. I feel this gauges my doneness more accurately then trying to determine via trichome color. Note - I'm not gauging based on hair color.. but more when the bud swells into the hairs and they look full..this typically comes after a 2nd explosion of flower growth near the end.. Hard to explain.. there is a thread by someone somewhere on here about it. I recon I take em every bit of 65 days or so.

still 150 ppm after r.o.? that is alot of minerals in there. are u running your water through a big blue sediment filter b4 it hits the r.o to take out any sediment? do they have an option for a flush valve on that unit so u can wash your r.o.? probably needs it fro so much accumulated minerals. can always go with a d.i. resin bed but then again your not looking for lab water so it may be too much.

i have the gh ph up as well. they make a powder version thats stronger(straight lye no water).

id like to see how the cycle goes and if u use the drip clean or not. be interesting to see if theres lock out or accumulated salts in the medium without a flush. whats the 1.6-1.8 ec converted to ppms?(im lazy and dont feel like converting).

if this works out well id like to use the blumats myself in the future.

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
Sickness, got here a little late, but pulling up a chair nonetheless. Keep it green homey.

Edit*8 Quick question, is the blue tube to check the water level?

aod

Last edited: