What's new

Blumat auto watering

Wise

anyway, they were trying to sell me some bulk head to drill in to my rez. i don't have a drill anymore, so I didn't purchase (not in hurry to set up) but i thought people were running these on siphon, feed tube pulling from down in rez, over the side, and downward to the units.

?
The Tropf Blumat set comes with a tap for the rez. The JR's are the ones that would function as you described.

I didn't have the right size drill bit and didn't feel like spending $5-$10 on a bit I'd use once. All I did is use the largest bit I had (which was still smaller than the required size) and rotated it until the hole was proper size.

So no go on the Bud Candy, eh?

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
i am under the impression that you could plumb the line over the lid of your res if you have it high enough...but i don't know that for a fact.

M

mugenbao

I strongly encourage people to stay away from trying to rely on a siphon to run Blumats. I've had home aquariums for 20+ years, running many different types of setups, and one thing I've learned from the experience is that any long-term siphon will eventually lead to failure.

It's super easy to put a bulkhead into a container, and in the long run is the better solution anyways.

gdbud

VATransplant,
If you don't have a drill and your using a plastic resivior pick up a new drill bit and a pair of gloves and you should be able to hand work the bit through the plastic with a little bit of work. I have done this my self a few times.
Or go to a goodwill or other thrift shop and you should be able to pick up a used drill for about $5.00

Ugh, someone help me out here, I'm having no luck.

My system is thiiiiis close to being totally and utterly PIMPED. The only thing missing is quick-disconnects! I need quick-disconnects for the 8mm main-line supplied with the patio kit.

I looked on the kent systems site, and I've been scouring this thread, but if anyone mentioned a specific part number, I can't find it, and I can't figure out what I need from the Kent site.

Anyone? I'll give you a cookie!

WasntMe

I do NOT have these fittings nor have I tried to use them but by looking at the site:

Wouldn't the 5/16" Kent Collection 4 Quick Coupler Shut Off or Locking Shut Off fittings be the proper size for 8mm hose?
Edit: yeah... if you look in the specifications section of fittings it tells you the workable range and ideal size in metric. The 5/16 (at least in the collection 4 & 1 sections) says 8mm is ideal.

5/16" = 0.3125"
8mm = ~0.315"

That means the 5/16" fitting should be ~0.0025" bigger then the flexible hose. correct?

Hopefully someone with direct experience though can confirm.
maybe collection 1 is good enough?..

http://www.kentsystems.com/index.php?file=c-con_category_listing&iCategoryId=MTgw&show=Category
http://www.kentsystems.com/index.php?file=c-con_product_details&iProductId=NjI3

hope this is at least partially helpfull
-WasntMe

Bud-Boy

Veteran
ordered a set from sustainable village today. Going into my next vert soil setup coming soon
with the new 1k splitter that runs 2 600w bulbs!!!! New things are fun....

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
just ordered my patio kit after xmas from these guys ....http://homeharvest.com/dripirrigationtropfblumat.htm
haven't got them hooked up yet cuz i'm moving to a new residence as of the first & have to set everything up again & will try them out then. gonna run a perpetual set up with 6 plants under each 400 watt hps ..... 2 trays 2 lights 12 blumats & maxi bloom as per lucas .....kiss simple man !!!!

My system is thiiiiis close to being totally and utterly PIMPED. The only thing missing is quick-disconnects! I need quick-disconnects for the 8mm main-line supplied with the patio kit.

I looked on the kent systems site, and I've been scouring this thread, but if anyone mentioned a specific part number, I can't find it, and I can't figure out what I need from the Kent site.

these guys will have any fitting ya need dude ..... its where i get all my stuff including buckets & stuff ......
http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/default.aspx?catid=855&parentcatid=690

lovin this site & all its knowledge !!!!

VAtransplant

thanks for the input regarding my setup folks. i went to harbor freight and got a tapering bit that also removes burrs as it goes. left a nice and smooth hole with no melted plastic goop by hole, the back side was a very thin protrusion of plastic that i snipped away then hit with sanding block for a second and it was fine.

only thing that leaks is the threading on the troph through-hull (bulk head) fitting, at a rate of one drop per 6 hrs, probably just because i walk in to look at things and the vibration makes it fall. no worry. it does have a bit of pressure on it since i used a taller container (wrapping paper container on clearance at target, size of kitchen trash can).. 7.5 gal is my max fill, leaving about a foot from the top since it was bulging a little.

Tropf%20Blumat%20Maxi.jpg

i got those, i notice everyone else has the shorter stubbier blumats. are mine going to function okay? just got em set up, watered girls real good and set up blumats per online manual (soaking em after filling) and adjusted to just one hanging drop at end of feed lines. the ceramic cone is pbb 6" or so underneath surface.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
oooo that must be the maxi. it's good for 5+ gal pots from what i heard. very cool.

i've had the same issue with the very very very slow leak from the thru-hull. i had a bucket under it to catch the drips but when one drops it's evaporated before the next one falls. i decided not to let it bother me anymore.

Protea

left them alone for nineteen days. nine flowering, and they all made it, one or two overflowed, and there was quite a lot of water on the floor. but to day i pulled in a good harvest of white rhino, and El nino. The blumats worked well, and that is good, but the spider mites had covered most of the colas. removed them as well as i could, hope it come off when it dry.
in the mum chamber one mum is dead. but it was one of a pair. so no genetics lost. but i liked the plant, it was the first clone i ever managed to root. and the twelve clones i left is also to fare gone to be rescued. and i lost the el ninio genetics.
will post pics soon.

thank you ICmag. and sunnydog

dunkydunk

I used a simple 3/8" quick connect valve from home depot. The 8mm line fits snugly inside of 3/8 line, and that fits in the valve/quick connect. Works like a charm, no leaks, no slipping, no worries.

Bud-Boy

Veteran
sustainable village

Thanks for the order!
Sorry though, we ran out of "Blumat Deck and Planter Box Kit"

M

mugenbao

Got my blumats today :) I recommend HomeHarvest for anyone looking to buy the patio kit!
That's where I got mine. Shipping was actually faster than I expected, and the price was pretty competitive.

Latest posts

Latest posts