What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blumat auto watering

sunnydog

Drip King
Veteran
If I would have found it on google I wouldn't have posted on here now would I wise ass?

I don't think he was trying to be a "wise ass".
Lapides has been with the thread a long time now.:friends:

(I think) He was trying to be helpful.:grouphug:
This is here to be helpful.:)

SD:tiphat:

sanjuan

Thanks for the Greenacres link!

Phoenix had one pallet they bought 8 years ago, and sold out a few weeks ago. Their website sucks, so I called them to find that out. They don't know if they're reordering but it'll be $70+ if they do.
And the Greenacres site is still under construction, it seems.

If you're willing to pay the bucks (in euros), http://www.blumat-shop.de/index.php?language=en works but you might want to read post #376.

york

quick question:

Does anyone know if GH Floranova Bloom works with the Tropf Blumats? Is it too thick/likely to clog?

I'm planning on running Blumats, canna coco and air-pots, but I already have lots of fresh Floranova left over from another project. I would like to use it up if possible

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
quick question:

Does anyone know if GH Floranova Bloom works with the Tropf Blumats? Is it too thick/likely to clog?

I'm planning on running Blumats, canna coco and air-pots, but I already have lots of fresh Floranova left over from another project. I would like to use it up if possible
I wouldn't, too thick. Salt nutes or plain water only.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have been using GH Floramicro with mine for the last several weeks with no problems yet.

quick question:

I'm in your same boat with 3/4 gallon of floranova grow and bloom, but I wouldn't do it. Flora Micro/Bloom at 6/9 are working great for me and I'm nearly certain there would be clogging issues with the FN series.

iS

Lapides

Rosin Junky and Certified Worm Wrangler
Veteran
I use PBP Bloom and Sweet with no problems, both are organic I believe. One has to be careful when using Liquid Karma though, sometimes it will clog the drippers. I still like to use it though, so once every - to every other week, I go around to all the drippers and clear the lines.

slowandeasy

Veteran
one other question:

I'm planning on using the "Rezipe"
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=81674

Running drain-to-waste in coco with Blumats, is there any need to alter any of the feeding schedule (lower nute levels or anything?) or will that run fine?

I use the Rezipe with excellent results. I suggest Smart Pots, and I would not call it drain to waste....because there will be no run off. I use Drip Clean to help Salt build up. Good luck.

maree

Had a scan through this thread - these things look like excellent bits of kit. I read on their web-site that they recommend not using fertilizers in the reservoir that feeds the ceramic waterers. However, from what I can glean, people on here have very few problems, if the drippers are cleaned on a scehduled basis, with using Gen Hydro's Grow, Bloom and Flora. (I have always thought these were excellent nutes and tried to convert friends to these from brands which tend to be more popular in the Uk).

Anyway, to ask some open questions;

1.Is it the consensus of those experienced with blumat use that GH's series cause the fewest problems?

2. How often should the lines and bulbs be cleaned to ensure there are no blockages?

3. Any recommendations as to what's best to use for cleaning?

Apologies (if these questions have been answered in various places already) and thanks thanks in advance of them being answered again!

huntingbb

-o---O||
hose-blumat-straight host - hose loop (T on both ends of loop actually) - main line ??

picture.php

Is this the loop you mean with the extra T?

sanjuan

This is my plan for ten 8" smart pots in a 4.5' x 6.5' Hydrohut. Each pot has one Blumat with its 8-8-3mm tee. The 8-8-8mm (1/4") drain tee will have a shutoff valve pointing toward the back door for easy bleeding into a jug.

(Not shown are the Botanicare trays I'll have under the pots in case of runoff.)
picture.php

huntingbb

This is my plan for ten 8" smart pots in a 4.5' x 6.5' Hydrohut. Each pot has one Blumat with its 8-8-3mm tee. The 8-8-8mm (1/4") drain tee will have a shutoff valve pointing toward the back door for easy bleeding into a jug.

(Not shown are the Botanicare trays I'll have under the pots in case of runoff.)
picture.php

so at the bottom right is the drain/flush 'T' fitting ?

gdbud

I see that a few people are using coco in smart pots with Blumats, But is there any one here using coco in Air Pots with Blumats? Any thoughts on this combination?

I'm currently using the Air Pots in soil with Blumats and it is working out great, But for my next grow I'm thinking of using COCO instead of soil and my only concern is with the Air Pots and coco that the roots might get too much air.

Anyone try this combination yet? or have any thoughts about it?

barth

Thanks gdbud. I'd like to know too. I am in the process of getting the Airpots and blumats. I use coco. Would like to know if its not going to work out before i get the airpots.

Latest posts

Latest posts