What's new

BlueHemp

Fibber_Magees

Veteran
My 2 Maroc females

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

When they showed sex, they had female and male flowers, but the female ones remained. No new nanners found till now.

neongreen

Veteran
When they showed sex, they had female and male flowers, but the female ones remained. No new nanners found till now.

Great looking Marocs, and well into flower by the looks of it. Only one of mine is flowering right now, and it's perhaps 1-2 weeks behind yours.

Don't be surprised if you get a couple more nanners later on. I couldn't find the nanners that pollinated last years crop despite checking them over fairly thoroughly!

:tiphat:

Fibber_Magees

Veteran
Great looking Marocs, and well into flower by the looks of it. Only one of mine is flowering right now, and it's perhaps 1-2 weeks behind yours.

Don't be surprised if you get a couple more nanners later on. I couldn't find the nanners that pollinated last years crop despite checking them over fairly thoroughly!

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. How intense was the selfpollination? It would be a misery if the majority would get seeded...

neongreen

Veteran
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. How intense was the selfpollination?

Not far off 100%. Thankfully the seeds were not fully formed. Normally I wouldn't smoke seeded bud without removing the seeds first, but they didn't make much if any difference to the smoke so I left them in.

That was last year, but the year before that the one Maroc I had finished unseeded, so you might be OK. Just keep a close eye on them :tiphat:

Fibber_Magees

Veteran
Not far off 100%. Thankfully the seeds were not fully formed. Normally I wouldn't smoke seeded bud without removing the seeds first, but they didn't make much if any difference to the smoke so I left them in.

That was last year, but the year before that the one Maroc I had finished unseeded, so you might be OK. Just keep a close eye on them :tiphat:

Sounds a little frightening, but I will have to deal with that :biggrin:
What do you think about the endproduct? Stems already smell nice and kind of spicy, a little cheesy.

neongreen

Veteran
What do you think about the endproduct? Stems already smell nice and kind of spicy, a little cheesy.

IMO the quality of the end product easily outweighs any negatives. Expect good yields with an excellent caylix:leaf ratio - very little trimming needed. As you say, lovely spicy smell (gets quite peppery by the time it's done), and great high. Also good mold resistance, although if it's constantly wet you'll probably get some.

Morphote

Veteran
The Maroc and Nepali are available right now from Derg Corra Collective. Only 3 packs of Maroc left till the next restock so you might want to get in there quick ;)

You ordered from them before? Really want that Maroc but found some negative reviews on that seedbank.

M.

Fibber_Magees

Veteran
IMO the quality of the end product easily outweighs any negatives. Expect good yields with an excellent caylix:leaf ratio - very little trimming needed. As you say, lovely spicy smell (gets quite peppery by the time it's done), and great high. Also good mold resistance, although if it's constantly wet you'll probably get some.

Dude, that sounds so nice. I am really exited. I have also that Berberzerker going on which has the Maroc as a parent. Will be nice to see the differences in them.

You ordered from them before? Really want that Maroc but found some negative reviews on that seedbank.

M.

I had Nepali from Derg Corra. Was a nice unusual strain :)

neongreen

Veteran

M.

I have ordered from there on a few occasions and had no problems. FWIW I also know the person who runs the shop there, and he's a good guy. Whatever negatives people are reporting are probably due to human(stoner) error and/or over exaggerated IMO.

Keep in mind there's only one person running the shop, so if things get busy there may be some delay. That may be the case now since the shop has only just reopened after being down for a few months.

Don't forget to say which freebies you'd like, and check out some of the other strains available right now - there are some nice strains which can't be found elsewhere!

neongreen

Veteran
Here are a few pics I took on the 27th of the BlueHemp strains I have going right now:

Maroc

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I also have 2 more that are a bit further behind - still not sure what sex they are either:
picture.php

picture.php

neongreen

Veteran
Nepali

3 Nepalis in a bed, the tallest two are about 4+ feet, and the shorter one in the middle (since removed after it turned out to be male) has been struggling due to voles getting into the bed.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Still not sure what sex they are but I expect I'll find out over the next few days.

Fibber_Magees

Veteran
Maroc-Inspiration

They seem the ripen up now. Not much smell on them. Hope it will turn out good, despite that.
picture.php

picture.php

Regards

Fibber_Magees

Veteran
The Plant was harvested a couple of days ago. Now its sitting in the Jar. Smell is now there! Indeed very peppery, like neongreen said. Buds do look like "nothing special" but I think it really is. Got 1 Maroc Plant left, which is ready in about a week :)

picture.php

:)
@neongreen I found no hermseeds, but it got a little dusted from a Berber-serker male.
So The seeds I found in the plant are MarocXBerber-Serker Bx1 I will keep them for sure

neongreen

Veteran
Great stuff Fibber_Magees. Sounds like a nice cross! Have you had any early smoke tests yet? If so, what did you think?

Pics of my 2 remaining Marocs, just before they were harvested a few days ago. Only the tiniest spot of mold between two Marocs, which is amazing considering how wet it's been, although they did get a 2 week dry finish (a rare thing here). Edit: I should also say I removed some lower branches from one to get some extra early smoke!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

neongreen

Veteran
picture.php

The Nepalis were also harvested around the end of Sept, with only a little lost to mold (worst bud shown here), but with very dense buds and as much rain as we had, if anything I'm surprised there was not more! One minor bad point is that the leaves are quite brittle, so even a bit of strong wind and they look like they've been through a war.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

neongreen

Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Edit to add: I almost forgot to say... From what I hear (it still needs to be confirmed), Derg Corra has been given BlueHemp's remaining stock so as they can be reproduced. I hope it's true so that all their strains will once again be available. I will make inquiries...

In the mean time, Maroc and Nepali are out of stock, but I expect will be back in stock again soon. Keep checking over the next few weeks, and if you want them, don't wait - some question marks hang over the shop's future right now, so things may change, but the DCC will endeavor to keep these strains available to those who want them!

Fibber_Magees

Veteran
@neongreen Very nice pictures of your plants! Love the look of the nepali plant.

I think the maroc is a very nice plant. I was a little unsure about her, but now I fully appreciate the plant. Very piney smell and taste. Nice quality stoned. I like it more than the nepali I had last year, cause the maroc tastes better and has more effect. I will grow her again...In love :D