What's new

BlueDigiBerry F2

Gil Tokerson

Veteran
You are correct. They didn't get as much flush as I had hoped for. As for the tails, I'm not sure if that would change. That trait is strong in the mom. I know VG had tried different things, and she tails no matter what. As far as leaves, the lower buds had way more leaf, while the upper are all pretty solid. Which I find weird since I'm running stacked vertical bulbs, and they're all getting the same about of light?
Either way, I'm very pleased with this girl, and I'm glad you shared the pollen. One of the 4 lemon berry crosses I have going is looking very promising. It's got the crazy size and vigour of my bdb, with the extra layer of frost and thick creamy hairs from my lemon skunk. I'm excited!
-gil

Gil Tokerson

Veteran
...And about the flush,I knew you'd call me on it, I just kind of ran out of time. And my timing is not perfect, so I've got a bucket full of clones that are over growing they're space, so down she came.

Gil Tokerson

Veteran
...One more: I didn't really get the Fox tails the first time,I think because: I didn't let get go as long, and it was winter with much lower temps.

Gil Tokerson

Veteran
I hope it's ok that I'm flooding this thread with my pics? I figured the more the better, as far as documenting the strain for others who might be interested?
Speaking of documenting strains, what ever happened to your threads VG? I spent many a hour reading through your work. Very inspiring! I know it's time consuming, and sometimes "real life" as to come first.

Ok, more pics:
It might be hard to see in my crappy shots, but the buds are actually really solid. They formed big dense colas before the Fox tails started. I have had fox tails in the past, but they were very light and airy. These are the densest buds I've ever had. Should be a good yield, at least for my half ass efforts!

For reference, they are sitting on top of a Rubbermaid tub.

-gil

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looks good gil. frank may be right about trying a bit less N, but as you pointed out the mother does foxtail whatever - ive been down the road of trying to stop it and i can be quite certain about that. a friend stopped it tailing by using some product on it but the yield was very small, just a few huge calyxes !

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah, it's certainly going to tail some given the phenotype expression being similar to your mother - which is by no means a bad thing...

It's more the leaf and the strong green color that indicate too much N. BUT - I don't recall any clawing in the photos through out the run, so I could be completely off base in even suggesting it...

I just know that the blue lines in general can get by with much lower feeding than other strains...

That and the Digi is prone to toss nanners when she is pushed too hard - but that comes from the Thai in her and is a very common thing with thai lines.

But again - beautiful flowers, regardless. ;)

dank.Frank

Gil Tokerson

Veteran
First time I've seen this: the rooted cuttings from the above lemon berry(#3) are covered in frost. I have cuttings from #1-#4 in the same bucket, but only The #3 have the resin all over the leaves. I think I'll be keeping this one around for a while ;)

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Gil Tokerson

Veteran
Thanks! It definitely smells awesome. It's not what I would call "super potent", but it has a special kind of calming effect. The lemon skunk cross I have going seems to have greatly bumped up the resin content, while mixing with the fruity blueberry smell. One of the other lemon berrys I have going has a weird savory meaty kind of smell? I have another OGxbdb cross that I haven't got to try yet. I had one going that was quad, but it turned out male. I want to crack a bunch more seeds, but I'm saving some room for some relentless stuff I have coming.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thats a good description Gil. i love the calm, centered affect of a good blueberry

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's exactly why I fell in love with the Digi line. It had the amazing terpene profile and had a special euphoric / anti-anxiety / anti-stress - very introspective - type of high to her. It was something I could smoke to "take the edge off" while at the same time allowing me to reflect on my day and really think about it from different angels and perspectives that I would have never arrived otherwise, in what borders on a "3rd-eye" type experience.

For me - it was very much a grail type of effect - and by itself, helped me get rid of three separate medications.

I would never call it "weak" - because the effect it produces is remarkably strong for it's specific INTENT.

I'd also never consider it a "recreational" strain either - it's not racy super active party weed - it's not get baked weed - it's not really social giddy weed - it's a much more medicinal or therapeutic effect. Something I feel gets lost and ignored in the constant hunt for the next most powerful / high THC cut.

All I can say - is I am so thrilled that others are finding the same benefit to something I truly love so dearly. I can never thank Chili_B enough for sharing his work with me - and it has been one of my greatest honors to continue the line and share it with others who are like minded - like VG - and have a vision and purpose for why they breed what they breed.

His pairing to his blueberry mother kept what was truly wonderful about the blueberry of old intact...and there is something to be said for not muddying the genes...

I just love this thread...hahahaha. :respect:

dank.Frank

Latest posts

Latest posts